The difference between philosophy and religion.

Your knowledge of the Eastern intellectual tradition and religious thought seems less than second grade level.

Here's the list I am working my way through.

You should at least attempt to read a couple of them before you stand on your soap box to make proclamations about the intellectual basis of world religions.

You are a pathological liar.

You are seriously fucked up. This is tiresome.

At least I don't lie about what I have or haven't read.

But here you are, very belatedly and late in the game, attempting to insinuate you are well read in the Eastern intellectual tradition rather than confess you lack of knowledge and awareness.

At least I don't lie about what I have or haven't read.

But here you are, very belatedly and late in the game, attempting to insinuate you are well read in the Eastern intellectual tradition rather than confess you lack of knowledge and awareness.

Did not claim to be "well read" you pathetic lying piece of shit.

Did not claim to be "well read" you pathetic lying piece of shit.
Nit picking with word games.

So you confess your lack of knowledge and insight into the Eastern thinkers.

Which makes it even more surprising you would start a thread holding court on world religions, without having any real knowledge and insight into world religions.

You could at least dash over to Wikipedia to read the entries on Zhuangzi, Laozi, Mencius, Confucius, Zhu Xi, the Bhagavadgita, which would give your claims of credible knowledge of the Eastern tradition a little more plausibility..

Nit picking with word games.

So you confess your lack of knowledge and insight into the Eastern thinkers.

Which makes it even more surprising you would start a thread holding court on world religions, without having any real knowledge and insight into world religions.

You could at least dash over to Wikipedia to read the entries on Zhuangzi, Laozi, Mencius, Confucius, Zhu Xi, the Bhagavadgita, which would give your claims of credible knowledge of the Eastern tradition a little more plausibility..

Fuck off. You are a troll.

Fuck off. You are a troll.

You harangued me for months that if I hadn't read the original Aristotle canon, I couldn't have any valuable knowledge about him.

Your own criteria applies to you. Since you haven't read Confucius, Zhuangzi, Bhagavadgita, you do not have any credible knowledge of Eastern intellectual and religious thought.

So you just don't have the background or knowledge to start a thread to hold court on world religions.

You harangued me for months that if I hadn't read the original Aristotle canon, I couldn't have any valuable knowledge about him.

Your own criteria applies to you. Since you haven't read Confucius, Zhuangzi, Bhagavadgita, you do not have any credible knowledge of Eastern intellectual and religious thought.

So you just don't have the background or knowledge to start a thread to hold court on world religions.

You consistently lie about my claims about what I have read. Fuck off.

You consistently lie about my claims about what I have read. Fuck off.

I am just applying your own criteria to you.

You have zero standing to hold court on world religions because you have read very little of the original source material, and actually read nothing of the Eastern religious thought source material.

^^ That is your own standard you set up.

I am just applying your own criteria to you.

You have zero standing to hold court on world religions because you have read very little of the original source material, and actually read nothing of the Eastern religious thought source material.

^^ That is your own standard you set up.

you lie all the time. go fuck yourself

you lie all the time. go fuck yourself

No, that was your standard - if I hadn't read the original canon of Aristotle, I couldn't have any valuable knowledge of him. That was your claim.

It just took this thread to convince you that I am more broadly informed about the global spectrum of human intellectual and religious history than you, because I am interested in it, and I acquire knowledge of it through a range of sources --> original source material, subject matter experts and scholars, articles, summaries, surveys, videos, encyclopedia, books, etc.

Your method of just reading the original source of the world's notable thinkers is going to take you about 2,400 years of diligent reading to achieve.

No, that was your standard - if I hadn't read the original canon of Aristotle, I couldn't have any valuable knowledge of him. That was your claim.

It just took this thread to convince you that I am more broadly informed about the global spectrum of human intellectual and religious history than you, because I am interested in it, and I acquire knowledge of it through a range of sources --> original source material, subject matter experts and scholars, articles, summaries, surveys, videos, encyclopedia, books, etc.

Your method of just reading the original source of the world's notable thinkers is going to take you about 2,400 years of diligent reading to achieve.

you're all bullshit and lies. I never said I have never studied eastern philosophy. Stop fucking lying you piece of shit.

you're all bullshit and lies. I never said I have never studied eastern philosophy. Stop fucking lying you piece of shit.
Name the original works of the Eastern thinkers you have actually read, without lying your fat ass off about it.
And without frantically consulting Wikipedia.

Name the original works of the Eastern thinkers you have actually read, without lying your fat ass off about it.
And without frantically consulting Wikipedia m

Look, last time. You constantly lie about my claims. You insisted I never read any Eastern texts. I never said I never read Eastern texts. So, fuck off.

Look, last time. You constantly lie about my claims. You insisted I never read any Eastern texts. I never said I never read Eastern texts. So, fuck off.

"I never said I never read Eastern texts."

Wow, now you are so flustered, you aren't even writing cogent and lucid English.

Unlike you, I am completely honest and transparent about what original source material I have actually read. The only original source material I have read from 6th and 5th century BCE are Plato's Republic, The Iliad, and Homer's Odyssey. Oh, and I read parts of Herodotus' Histories.

The knowledge I have acquired about Aristotle, Thucydides, Zeno, Democritus, etc., is strictly from reading, from scholars, subject matter experts, and articles.

BidenPresident you spent over a year hollering that I am stupid, fraudulent, uninformed.

I am allowed to defend myself.

BP, you obviously have some deep seated resentment, perhaps even psychosis. If you want to scream that some poster is fraudulent, you better be prepared to have your own standards of acceptable knowledge thrown back in your face.

In the meantime, you really need to acquire some acceptable level of knowledge of the global scale of human intellectual and religious thought before you hold court on world religions again.

If you want to believe your knowledge is truly original, unprecedented, and creative, rather than just derivative of what you learned from teachers, experts, textbooks, articles, that's fine.

That's where my point comes in,what you call religious knowledge, for me comes from the Holy Spirit.
Not books,not teachers,not so called experts.

Back