The Earth is hollow

your understanding of gravity is really limited.

Everyone's understanding of gravity is limited. As stated, there remain many mysteries. But since you're apparently the expert on the secrets of the universe, feel free to enlighten me.

Also, Saturn is made of gas. Welcome to 2nd grade.

Actually, the current model of the "Jovian"-type (gaseous) planets suggests there is a solid core within these worlds. Furthermore, due to enormous pressures within Jupiter and Saturn, it is believed that hydrogen undergoes a phase change and becomes metallic, making it solid (or at least semi-solid), rather than a gas.

Regardless, I reject that model. Jupiter, I believe, has a defined atmosphere approximately 15,000 miles thick. Below this lies a semi-solid surface of metallic hydrogen, a layer which is several hundred miles thick. After that, there is a gap (hollow) between the metallic layer and the solid core.

These planets must have a solid core. It is the only feasible explanation for these planets' strong magnetic fields.

It is also a well-known fact that Jupiter, Saturn, and I believe Uranus and Neptune as well, put out more energy than they absorb from the sun. This is because they possess active cores - most likely a naturally-occurring fission, which has been observed even here on Earth.

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_nuclear_fission_reactor[/ame]

Furthermore, an oddity at the north pole of Saturn has been observed:

http://tinyurl.com/27j5u5

An entrance into the interior? Quite possibly.

Last edited:
Guys, it is possible to debate all day and using the tactics of denialism and positive outcome bias. About anything. Any ridiculous theory you can think of. There are still people who believe the Earth is the center of the universe and that its flat, half a millennium after its been utterly disproven. Brent is something of a master at this. He doesn't actually believe it but he thinks it's fun to egg you on. Look, we all know the world isn't hollow. There's no reason to debate this.

Guys, it is possible to debate all day and using the tactics of denialism and positive outcome bias. About anything. Any ridiculous theory you can think of. There are still people who believe the Earth is the center of the universe and that its flat, half a millennium after its been utterly disproven. Brent is something of a master at this. He doesn't actually believe it but he thinks it's fun to egg you on. Look, we all know the world isn't hollow. There's no reason to debate this.

Well, you know, the logical side of my brain wants to agree with you here, it does defy everything we thought we knew about our planet, and all planets, for that matter. It is something I could see people believing 700~800 years ago, before the advent of modern science.

But then, what is 700~800 years in the scope of time? Just how long ago was it that we formed our scientific theories on the makeup of Earth's core? Is it possible for mankind to ever be wrong about these things, or are we just too arrogant to believe we are ever wrong?

I am not arguing Brent's theory, as I said, it's waaay out there, but the fact remains, we have come nowhere near exploring the core of the earth. We can't even reach the mantle with modern drilling technology, it is impossible. We don't know what is on the floor of our ocean because we can't go there. So, without the ability to explore and observe, we only have theories. These theories, as good as they are, can sometimes be very inaccurate.

Well, you know, the logical side of my brain wants to agree with you here, it does defy everything we thought we knew about our planet, and all planets, for that matter. It is something I could see people believing 700~800 years ago, before the advent of modern science.

But then, what is 700~800 years in the scope of time? Just how long ago was it that we formed our scientific theories on the makeup of Earth's core? Is it possible for mankind to ever be wrong about these things, or are we just too arrogant to believe we are ever wrong?

I am not arguing Brent's theory, as I said, it's waaay out there, but the fact remains, we have come nowhere near exploring the core of the earth. We can't even reach the mantle with modern drilling technology, it is impossible. We don't know what is on the floor of our ocean because we can't go there. So, without the ability to explore and observe, we only have theories. These theories, as good as they are, can sometimes be very inaccurate.

The law of gravity which clumped the Earth together makes it impossible for the Earth to be hollow.

The law of gravity which clumped the Earth together makes it impossible for the Earth to be hollow.

But we don't really understand gravity and how/why it works. What you are referring to, "the law of gravity", is the universal principles of gravity, a predictor of how gravity will behave based on what we've observed. It has been theorized how mass creates gravitation, but the question of why, remains a mystery.

But we don't really understand gravity and how/why it works. What you are referring to, "the law of gravity", is the universal principles of gravity, a predictor of how gravity will behave based on what we've observed. It has been theorized how mass creates gravitation, but the question of why, remains a mystery.

Look, we can start worrying about hollow-earth the day we have evidence for it. Not before.

Look, we can start worrying about hollow-earth the day we have evidence for it. Not before.

Yeah? Okay.... think about that for a moment....
Look, we can start worrying about round earth the day we have evidence for it. Not before.
Look, we can start worrying about evolution the day we have evidence for it. Not before.
Look, we can start worrying about WMD's the day we have evidence for it. Not before.

....yep, you can say this about a lot of things. :D

Yeah? Okay.... think about that for a moment....
Look, we can start worrying about round earth the day we have evidence for it. Not before.
Look, we can start worrying about evolution the day we have evidence for it. Not before.
Look, we can start worrying about WMD's the day we have evidence for it. Not before.

....yep, you can say this about a lot of things. :D

We have evidence for a round earth, evolution, and WMD's. Not a hollow Earth. Hollow Earth is a stupid widely disproven hypothesis. The theory of evolution and a round earth is like the theory of gravity and the theory of general relativity. There is no comparing them.

We have evidence for a round earth, evolution, and WMD's. Not a hollow Earth. Hollow Earth is a stupid widely disproven hypothesis. The theory of evolution and a round earth is like the theory of gravity and the theory of general relativity. There is no comparing them.

1. Round Earth--- We have evidence now, but that could have easily been said before we had evidence, could it not?

2. Evolution--- We have a theory with some supporting evidence.

3. We had evidence, but it was incorrect information.

See, I was trying to make a three-way point there, and it just went clean over your waterhead. I guess I should stick to simple points with you.

1. Round Earth--- We have evidence now, but that could have easily been said before we had evidence, could it not?

2. Evolution--- We have a theory with some supporting evidence.

3. We had evidence, but it was incorrect information.

See, I was trying to make a three-way point there, and it just went clean over your waterhead. I guess I should stick to simple points with you.

Yep.

Dixie, we know plenty about "theories." Everything in science is a theory, and we know plenty about the observable universe based on nothing but theories. According to your retarded statement, we know nothing about anything!

That may be true for you and the rest of Alabama, but we in the "reality-based community" see it a different way.

Gravity, as we have define it, works mathematically. A hollow earth does not jive with the rest of the universe.

Dixie, we know plenty about "theories." Everything in science is a theory, and we know plenty about the observable universe based on nothing but theories. According to your retarded statement, we know nothing about anything!

That may be true for you and the rest of Alabama, but we in the "reality-based community" see it a different way.

Gravity, as we have define it, works mathematically. A hollow earth does not jive with the rest of the universe.

Cementing this glorious typographical error for future generations to see.

Glorious would be more along the lines of publishing the word "pubic" instead of "public" in the newspaper. I've seen it happen.

i listened
bastard plunged you
i pounded
like the cell
you were a violent beggar
we were gums
lost clouds
flat cheeks clubbed a aroma
their beer from
he galloped outward the unflattering opening
of your hand
like depths