The everything Super Bowl Thread

Happy to see the LOS ANGELES Rams get their first Super Bowl win.

I've been a Rams fan since the early 70's when it was Roman Gabriel to Jack Snow for the 6.

The Fearsome Foursome on the defensive line.

Rosie Greer. Merlin Olsen. Deacon Jones. Lamar Lundy.

And every year they'd make the playoffs, but Fran Tarkenton and the Purple People Eaters of the Minnesota Vikings would snatch it away from them.

Or Roger Staubach and the Dallas Cowboys.

When they finally made it to the big dance in around 1980, Terry Bradshaw and The Steel Curtain of the Pittsburgh Steelers sent them home in second place.

Finally in 2000 they won it all, but as the St Louis Rams.

So finally, 5 decades later, my childhood favorite football team has won the big one.

Bleh. :dunno:

No really, it feels pretty good to have that monkey off my back.

-1200Wx1200H-000000000008056550-1.png

:cool:

I can relax now.

Where you been, probably only a buck better than what they get at any Sunday NFL game, capitalism, you take what the market offers, I'd bet beer prices are double that if not more

and the ownes dont pay taxes public funding helps

Not having had a dog in the fight, I slept through most of what seems to have been a decent game.
Don't remember a second of the halftime show, but since Frank Sinatra's dead, I probably didn't miss very much.

I did see the Meadow Soprano commercial. Really enjoyed seeing that.

I got to watch the second half after getting home from church. I enjoyed every minute of it and would have which ever team won. I was rooting for the Bengals to get a game tying field goal on that last drive. Post game interviews were great too...Donald, Kupp, the old guy who's retiring...all good stuff.

I got to watch the second half after getting home from church. I enjoyed every minute of it and would have which ever team won. I was rooting for the Bengals to get a game tying field goal on that last drive. Post game interviews were great too...Donald, Kupp, the old guy who's retiring...all good stuff.

The second half was the best half. The Bengals had problems coming up to speed in the first quarter and redeemed themselves in the second quarter. After that, it was a great football game.

Pretty wild halftime show too. About the first 15-20 minutes of intro to the kickoff were an over-the-top saccharine-layered attempt by the NFL to prove they are diverse with commercials and guests all being of color or other minority. It was ineptly staged and I could see a board room of old, fat white guys deciding how they were going to prove the NFL wasn't a racist organization. LOL

iRBP_oldwhitemenbanner01.jpg

Congrats to the Rams.

They overcame injury and turnovers to stifle the Bengals in the 4th quarter for the win.

I kind of like the way Donald just said to himself- "I am just going to go ahead and take this game, since no one else apparently wants it"!

I have always said, the ones that wants the Super Bowl the most- just go out there and take it!

Congrats to the winners! Most especially you Donald! LOL!

I wonder how long we will have to wait for the official ratings. Nielsen has been having a lot of problems lately.

Back