The everything Super Bowl Thread

the Jurassic commercial was the first thing not dripping in saccharine.

Thats different than dreary as they have been in past years,,,,,they are mainline the feel good vibes this year I am told....surely they have polling that shows how demoralized and depressed Americans are now, and they want to sell themselves by being the anti-dote.

But overshooting is bad...that comes off as fake.

They made a deal with the players a couple of years ago, and the NFL has major labor problems...so this was expected. The only question is do we get a break from WOKE with the commercials this year. I tend to doubt it.

While I'm still fuzzy on what you mean by "WOKE", the fact remains the NFL coated the minutes up to the Jurassic commercial in a saccharine (fake sugar) effort to display diversity.

Fancy displays are nice, but results count.

Thats different than dreary as they have been in past years,,,,,they are mainline the feel good vibes this year I am told....surely they have polling that shows how demoralized and depressed Americans are now, and they want to sell themselves by being the anti-dote.

But overshooting is bad...that comes off as fake.

Sorry, but I'm more cynical. I think they are trying to head off a lot of nasty lawsuits and get popular opinion on their side with a "See? Nothing to see here! Enjoy the game! Visit our gift shop!" display of diversity.

While I'm still fuzzy on what you mean by "WOKE", the fact remains the NFL coated the minutes up to the Jurassic commercial in a saccharine (fake sugar) effort to display diversity.

Fancy displays are nice, but results count.

I dont agree with you....but lets skip over that for now at least.

Sorry, but I'm more cynical. I think they are trying to head off a lot of nasty lawsuits and get popular opinion on their side with a "See? Nothing to see here! Enjoy the game! Visit our gift shop!" display of diversity.

The NFL is trying to not piss off labor anymore than they already have, by bending over backwards to sell the narrative that the union wants sold...that's what is going on mainly.

Rams on the board first after the Bengals gave it up. Not a good sign.

FlickeringTestyArabianhorse-size_restricted.gif

Back