the Genome sequence of the duck billed platypus

Good boy!

are you taking daily baby asprins now?

I got conflicting medical advice about taking asprin on a regime. I was taking them but after talking to a different neurologist I stopped taking them.

I had a stroke and a hemorragic seizure at the same time and there is conflicting opinion on taking Dilantin and asprin together.

My bad I assumed it was heart related.

Did your dog start barking his head off until someone came?

I got conflicting medical advice about taking asprin on a regime. I was taking them but after talking to a different neurologist I stopped taking them.

I had a stroke and a hemorragic seizure at the same time and there is conflicting opinion on taking Dilantin and asprin together.

Wow, what a terrifying experience. I'm glad you survived it.

Well, we produce less of a LOT of things as we age. I think the important thing might be a disruption of the balance and of the body's natural regulatory systems.

Susan Sarandon said she stays so young looking because she has sex five times a week, even after all those years with Tim Robbins.

and just by the way Thorn, what I've forgotten about moisterizing, you don't know yet. ;)

No seriously though, I am a total product addict, and have been since my mid-20s. I also have always known better than to go anywhere without sunscreen.

My bad I assumed it was heart related.

Did your dog start barking his head off until someone came?

Actually he ran into the bedroom and jumped in bed with my wife .. which he never does .. then he ran into my daughters room and jumped in her bed to get her up. They ran into the kitchen where I was and found me essentially dead on the floor .. not breathing, heart stopped.

My wife gave me CPR, daughter called 911 .. I didn't regain conciousness for 4days, they couldn't wake me up, told my wife they may have to move me to a hospice .. then on the 4th day, I just woke up. Spent 4 weeks in the hospital.

If Tupac (my dog) hadn't done what he did, my wife and daughter wouldn't have gotten up until 3 hours later and I'd still be dead.

Amazingly, the only thing I lost was some memory, and because my seizure was on the left side of my brain, it has affected my right leg and my jumper and basketball game is gone.

I can live with that. :)

Susan Sarandon said she stays so young looking because she has sex five times a week, even after all those years with Tim Robbins.

and just by the way Thorn, what I've forgotten about moisterizing, you don't know yet. ;)

No seriously though, I am a total product addict, and have been since my mid-20s. I also have always known better than to go anywhere without sunscreen.

Good move! We may be the same skin type (redhead, pale as parchment, freckled though mine are pretty subtle) and not being in the North anymore I'm really conscious of using sunscreen, hats, long sleeves, etc. Our med school has a skin cancer screening event at least once a year, too.

Susan Sarandon was rated probably the best of all the celebs covered in that article, though it didn't say anything about her sex life. I suppose most things that could increase your blood flow for some sustained period of time on a regular basis would have good effects throughout. :D

Actually he ran into the bedroom and jumped in bed with my wife .. which he never does .. then he ran into my daughters room and jumped in her bed to get her up. They ran into the kitchen where I was and found me essentially dead on the floor .. not breathing, heart stopped.

My wife gave me CPR, daughter called 911 .. I didn't regain conciousness for 4days, they couldn't wake me up, told my wife they may have to move me to a hospice .. then on the 4th day, I just woke up. Spent 4 weeks in the hospital.

If Tupac (my dog) hadn't done what he did, my wife and daughter wouldn't have gotten up until 3 hours later and I'd still be dead.

Amazingly, the only thing I lost was some memory, and because my seizure was on the left side of my brain, it has affected my right leg and my jumper and basketball game is gone.

Good boy, Tupac!!! Glad you're still with us, bac. :)

Wow, what a terrifying experience. I'm glad you survived it.

I can tell you that I simply dropped dead on the floor.

No pain, no warning, just dead.

What was terrifying was the dream I had after I woke up.

I'm a fairly "macho" brother, black belt, strong, not afraid of much .. but that dream absolutley terrified me. Hopefully it was the drugs, never want to go there again.

Good move! We may be the same skin type (redhead, pale as parchment, freckled though mine are pretty subtle) and not being in the North anymore I'm really conscious of using sunscreen, hats, long sleeves, etc. Our med school has a skin cancer screening event at least once a year, too.

Susan Sarandon was rated probably the best of all the celebs covered in that article, though it didn't say anything about her sex life. I suppose most things that could increase your blood flow for some sustained period of time on a regular basis would have good effects throughout. :D

Oh she is so hot, no matter how old she gets.

I'm a bit darker than you, but I have always used sunscreen before going out. I love hats! I never wear hats, I have to get some.

I can tell you that I simply dropped dead on the floor.

No pain, no warning, just dead.

What was terrifying was the dream I had after I woke up.

I'm a fairly "macho" brother, black belt, strong, not afraid of much .. but that dream absolutley terrified me. Hopefully it was the drugs, never want to go there again.

Probably it was the drugs.

An active sex life is healthy and being physically active all my life (not just the sex) contributed to my rapid recovery and limited the damage.

Sex tastes better than HGH. :)

Probably it was the drugs.

That and the trauma of a hemorrhagic seizure. This is so scary! Especially for someone who is strong and healthy overall, to feel so helpless and have your body betray you like that; it must have been as traumatic for you as the stroke itself, bac.

That and the trauma of a hemorrhagic seizure. This is so scary! Especially for someone who is strong and healthy overall, to feel so helpless and have your body betray you like that; it must have been as traumatic for you as the stroke itself, bac.

True, that and losing my memory of things I should know. Although I'm not severely damaged, I am changed .. but I don't dwell on that anymore. The depression is as unhealthy and traumatic as the stroke.

In fact, just between you and I .. coming here to this site was as therapuetic as anything I've done. (Don't tell Damo or he might charge me for that)

It helped me think about more than myself again and stimulated some fires in the 18 brain cells I have left.

I'm changed, but I'm OK.

If I live to see a black president in America .. what more could I ask?

I will always have a dog, they are just a necessity to a happy life. Glad to hear all is well now (expect the jumping game and the memories,some are better gone anyway) and you are back to normal. I have never had anything near life threatening. Just lucky so far. Ive always known that it could all be gone in one second though. Old age to me is a badge of courage.

I will always have a dog, they are just a necessity to a happy life. Glad to hear all is well now (expect the jumping game and the memories,some are better gone anyway) and you are back to normal. I have never had anything near life threatening. Just lucky so far. Ive always known that it could all be gone in one second though. Old age to me is a badge of courage.

As I have always said .. if you've never had a personal relationship with a dog, you've missed something precious and special in life.

As the adage goes .. If only I were half the man my dog thinks I am.

My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog thinks I am.

Thorn signature and I agree with both of you.

My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog thinks I am.

Thorn signature and I agree with both of you.

I forget the source, but I also like "Dogs are not our whole lives but they make our lives whole". True, true, true.

Back