The God Dixie belives in!

You shift & completely change your arguments whenever it's convenient for you.

You have stated before that God is a completely incomprehensible being. Yet now, you seem to think his motives & presence are easy to identify & understand?

That's the beauty of Dixie's posts.

He absolutely refuses to listen to facts presented by others whose ideology he disagrees with, and will obstinately cling to his own already discredited beliefs despite evidence to the contrary.

your using human standards to determine if things are good or bad and if god is in someone or not.

Most of us can recognize good and bad, I don't need to determine it. I know of no one who would conclude that what Adam Lanza did was good, and if they do, perhaps we need to lock them away from the rest of society? I have to use human standards to explain things to human beings, otherwise there is no way to comprehend them. You assume, that because I use these human standards, they must apply to God, and that is a false assumption. MY God is an energy force. About the only thing we can relate this to as humans, is electricity. (No, I am not saying electricity is God or God is electricity.) Electricity is a form of energy, we can understand where it comes from, what causes it, and what it is, but we don't understand why it exists in the universe. You don't have to "believe in" electricity, and electricity doesn't care if you "believe in" it or not. MY God is the same.

Your argument is oddly reminiscent of the 'argument' posed by those who crucified Christ. "If your God is so great, why doesn't he save you?" If MY God is omnipresent, he must have been in Adam Lanza that day. But God doesn't conform to humanistic standards, that is simply how we relate God to man, and you are confused by this because, your entire life, you have been inundated by a false concept of God. While he certainly could have been in Adam Lanza, he wasn't. The force consuming Adam Lanza was Evil, not God.

Most of us can recognize good and bad, I don't need to determine it. I know of no one who would conclude that what Adam Lanza did was good, and if they do, perhaps we need to lock them away from the rest of society? I have to use human standards to explain things to human beings, otherwise there is no way to comprehend them. You assume, that because I use these human standards, they must apply to God, and that is a false assumption. MY God is an energy force. About the only thing we can relate this to as humans, is electricity. (No, I am not saying electricity is God or God is electricity.) Electricity is a form of energy, we can understand where it comes from, what causes it, and what it is, but we don't understand why it exists in the universe. You don't have to "believe in" electricity, and electricity doesn't care if you "believe in" it or not. MY God is the same.

Your argument is oddly reminiscent of the 'argument' posed by those who crucified Christ. "If your God is so great, why doesn't he save you?" If MY God is omnipresent, he must have been in Adam Lanza that day. But God doesn't conform to humanistic standards, that is simply how we relate God to man, and you are confused by this because, your entire life, you have been inundated by a false concept of God. While he certainly could have been in Adam Lanza, he wasn't. The force consuming Adam Lanza was Evil, not God.

Adam Lanza had a choice, he chose not to follow the God inside him. We all have free will, it is a gift from God. I never made the argument that an all powerfull God should save you. You have made that argument by saying that if God was in AL, God would have prevented the murders. Thats Bull Shit. I agree God is not in any human form, and thus does not make judgement of Good or bad. Thats our determination, and when speaking of God its silly to impose those types of judgements. My God is omnipresent, but by nature, not dictating all action.

Back