The Gospel of Thomas

The book talks about how the fallen angels came to Earth and attempted to mess with creation by mating with women, resulting in the Nephilim. Events from Enoch are referenced somewhat in Genesis, and even in one of the epistles.

The part about Enoch flying away alludes to him riding in a spacecraft. :eek:

The book talks about how the fallen angels came to Earth and attempted to mess with creation by mating with women, resulting in the Nephilim. Events from Enoch are referenced somewhat in Genesis, and even in one of the epistles.

Interesting! I wonder why the compilers of today's Bible left out this fascinating story? Reminds me of Greek and Roman gods and how they were always coming down here and messing with the natives.

Ah, Apisa is up!

You're even a little older than I, Frank.
I just now had a thought.

Do you remember light switches on the wall that were round on and off buttons rather than actual switches?
They appeared in a recent dream of mine. I often dream about our old North End apartment.
But for some reason, recognizing the light switches had a super comforting effect for no explainable reason.

Did they look like this?

ovmTyaM.jpg

Amazon sells them!

I suspect that everyone would be much better off if we all referred to the blind guesses we make about reality as...BLIND GUESSES, rather than "beliefs."

Some people blindly guess there is at least one god...and make other blind guesses about the nature of that god...about what pleases it and what offends it.

Other people blindly guess there are no gods.

You hear both sides assert their blind guesses as, "I 'believe in God' and blah, blah, blah (about its nature."...

...or "I believe there are no gods." Some of the later use, "I do not 'believe in' God", but actually seem to be saying, "I believe there are no gods."

Nothing wrong with guessing either way. One is almost certainly correct...either there is at least one god or there are none.

But why not just characterize the blind guess as a blind guess...rather than disguising it as a "belief?"

Why not?

I believe there is probably knowledge which is beyond
the reach of human reason, scientific experiment, or neurological cognitive capacity.

If someone wants to say that is a blind guess, it wouldn't bother me.

I think from the point of view of language, syntax, economy, and brevity it it just easier to say or write "I believe'
rather than "I am making a blind guess that..."

Your knowledge of early Christianity is obviously virtually non-existent.

1,,800 years ago was the early third century AD,. That was
even before the Council of Nicea and the formulation of trinitarian doctrine.
idiot......the 1800 years ago was a direct response to YOUR post.....
At best....

at best, Christianity was defined by the Christian church, the Apostles Creed was adopted, and those who don't believe Jesus was the Christ will never meet the definition of Christian.....sucks to be Gnosty....

Last edited:
Interesting! I wonder why the compilers of today's Bible left out this fascinating story? Reminds me of Greek and Roman gods and how they were always coming down here and messing with the natives.

Genesis 6:1–4
English Standard Version
Increasing Corruption on Earth

6 When man began to multiply on the face of the land and daughters were born to them, 2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of man were attractive. And they took as their wives any they chose. 3 Then the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not abide in man forever, for he is flesh: his days shall be 120 years.” 4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown.

https://biblia.com/bible/esv/genesis/6/1-4

A messiah can be a man or a prophet - it does not have to be God.

I leave you to start frantically googling for information.

apparently I have to do it for you and the other ignorant types who applaud your shoddy work......
Messiah. [ (muh-seye-uh) ] For Jews (see also Jews) and Christians (see also Christian), the promised “anointed one” or Christ; the Savior. Christians believe that Jesus was the Messiah who delivered mankind from its sins. Jews believe that the Messiah has not yet come.

if you don't believe that, then you don't meet the definition of Christian......sorry gnosty.....
https://www.google.com/search?q=messiah&rlz=1CAYGYA_enUS828US828&oq=messiah&aqs=chrome..69i57j46i175i199i512l2j0i131i433i512j46i433i512j0i131i433i512j46i131i433i512j46i512j0i433i512j46i175i199i512.2860j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

So, as far as I am concerned, the Unitarians are entitled to their interpretation of the meaning and significance of Jesus

of course they are.......however, it is absurd to call them Christians if they refuse to believe Jesus is the Christ.......you could accurately call them Jesusonions........or idiots if you prefer......just don't pretend they they are Christians....

Genesis 6:1–4
English Standard Version
Increasing Corruption on Earth

6 When man began to multiply on the face of the land and daughters were born to them, 2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of man were attractive. And they took as their wives any they chose. 3 Then the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not abide in man forever, for he is flesh: his days shall be 120 years.” 4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown.

https://biblia.com/bible/esv/genesis/6/1-4

Cool. So we are part angel, and all of us are sons/daughters of the OT God.

Conservative Evangelicals are not generally known for the quality of their theological or higher education. That is why the elite Christian universities in this nation are Catholic: Notre Dame, Georgetown, Boston College, Fordham, etc.

all of which would consider your claims false.....

Back