The Great American Beer

Yeah Cincinatti served Weideman at their games. But that was before micorbrews existed. they were called local beers.
all fanatics are not at the stadium.

Yeah Cincinatti served Weideman at their games. But that was before micorbrews existed. they were called local beers.
Yes, but those who drink that water-beer regularly, all like NASCAR. Not all football fans like NASCAR. You can tell those that do by the beer they drink.

Budweiswer is the beer of rednecks all over. Redencks not only like NASCAR.
They like rasslin and football too.

Budweiswer is the beer of rednecks all over. Redencks not only like NASCAR.
They like rasslin and football too.
Yes, but they are only a subset of the Football/Rasslin' crowd. As I said, you can tell who likes NASCAR by the beer they drink.

Bud sux anyway. The Miller-Pabst deal reminds me of the Seattle Time and PI (the PI can't function on its own, so the Times lets them use its facilities, and they publish a joint Sunday issue).

I'm all about Belgian beers, although technically, now Bud is Belgian. :)

You are right. That's where the Bengals chant of "Who Dey" came from. They used to serve Weideman's Huedaphol at Riverfront Stadium.

ruination1.jpg

When you want a REAL hoppy beer try Ruination IPA from Stone Brewery. 7.7% Alc. by vol and 100+ IBU's!

And then there is ALWAYS Arrogant Bastard. You are not Worthy!

Visit the gods of brewing at http://www.stonebrew.com/

The big breweries in this nation have had a tragic history.

First prohibition came along and devastated the brewing industry. Prohibition was repelled and they were on their way to recovery when WII broke out. That's when American style beers became watered down horse piss due to grain shortages. Then came the era of lowered expectations in the 70's and 80's when the light beer revolution occurred.

With the advent of the microbrewries you won't see me crying over the demise of Budweiser.

yeah neither will I cry when foreign countries start buying our por sports teams.
The Toyota Nicks. The LG Rangers, etc.

yeah neither will I cry when foreign countries start buying our por sports teams.
The Toyota Nicks. The LG Rangers, etc.

Who says they will be foreign? Toyota is as american as Ford. In fact, of all the NASCAR teams, the one that has the most american made parts in their cars is Toyota.

Bud is one of those beers you either love or hate. I can get used to it after 2-3. I don't care for Miller, it tastes cheap to me. Coors tastes like shit now that it's brewed to ship east, the old Coors (had to be kept cold) was damn fine beer.

I don't care much for all the "in-crowd" ales and lagers, and dark beer is just gross to me. The beer I like the best, when I can find it is Southpaw. I also like the ice-brewed beers, they have little or no aftertaste, and you can get hammered before you know it.

I sometimes have this craving for shots of whiskey chased with beer, something about the combination of tastes, and yes, I know there is a drink called the Boilermaker, but I like them separately.

As for NASCAR, all I can say is, if you've never been to a race, you should try it before you knock it. There is nothing like the feeling of being in turn one at Talladega when they drop the green flag and those cars roar by at 200 mph. Call it "redneck" if you like, there aren't many sports left where you literally put your life on the line each time you compete.

I am a confirmed Guinness drinker. So pretty much everything else is a "light beer".

I used to like having a beer and a shot. But my tastes have turned from whiskey to tequila in recent years.

Give me a couple of shots of Patron or Cabo Wabo and I am a happy camper.

Everyone I work with is a NASCAR fan. (partly because the former owner of the company sponsored some and his son drove for several years)

I went to Talladega in the late 70s. I got seriously drunk and sunburned while sitting on top of an RV in the imfield. Mainly what I remember is someone saying "Gentlemen, start your engines", and then didn't hear anything right for a couple of days.

Bud is one of those beers you either love or hate. I can get used to it after 2-3. I don't care for Miller, it tastes cheap to me. Coors tastes like shit now that it's brewed to ship east, the old Coors (had to be kept cold) was damn fine beer.

I don't care much for all the "in-crowd" ales and lagers, and dark beer is just gross to me. The beer I like the best, when I can find it is Southpaw. I also like the ice-brewed beers, they have little or no aftertaste, and you can get hammered before you know it.

I sometimes have this craving for shots of whiskey chased with beer, something about the combination of tastes, and yes, I know there is a drink called the Boilermaker, but I like them separately.

As for NASCAR, all I can say is, if you've never been to a race, you should try it before you knock it. There is nothing like the feeling of being in turn one at Talladega when they drop the green flag and those cars roar by at 200 mph. Call it "redneck" if you like, there aren't many sports left where you literally put your life on the line each time you compete.

Yup. Have to agree with you Dixie. If seeing a 43 car frieght train going by at 200 mph don't get your motor runing, nothing will.

Having said that. Talledega don't have nothing on the Indy 500. At least not before the split when they were approaching speeds of 250 mph on the straights. Nascar though is at it's best at the short tracks like Bristol with all the bumping and banging. Nascar can't complete with the open wheel cars on the super speedways when it comes to speed.

Back