The Impact of Outsourcing American Low-Skill Factory Jobs

the problem is the endless focus on increasing profits.
How does that work out well in a saturated market with cheap offshore labor?

WTF, you can always start a business here in America and ignore profits and focus on the health, safety and the economic wellbeing of your workers. Have at it!

Personally I think pretty damn soon you’ll quickly understand something about profits, the competition, taxes and regulations. That is if you ever get off of the ground or even get through the licensing process.

WTF, you can always start a business here in America and ignore profits and focus on the health, safety and the economic wellbeing of your workers. Have at it!

Personally I think pretty damn soon you’ll quickly understand something about profits, the competition, taxes and regulations. That is if you ever get off of the ground or even get through the licensing process.

The two concepts are not mutually exclusive.

and as he stated... if a business does not make a profit on a consistent basis, everyone at that company loses their job...

So tell us Desh... do you not want them to focus on profits? Because it is the profit that allows for the jobs to be there.

I'll do you one better.

Do you know why the government tries to guarantee workers rights? Well, simply, it's because of the role workers play in the economy. It's not the business owner that creates wealth, but rather the employee. Labor drives the economy.

every time a CEO makes a decision based on profit they make a moral decision.

You want to give them a HUGE FREE PASS to act in an inhuman way.

The decisions these CEOs always have impact on lives.

Do you think they should wieght the MORAL aspects of their decisions OR should they ONLY consider greater profits as their guide?

The CEO's first responsibility is to be profitable. If he does not make a profit the business disappears, then ALL the workers are unemployed.

The CEO has a responsibility to the stockholders to run the business in such a way as to be profitable. Many of those stockholders are retirement accounts.

The business exists to make a profit. It does not exist to provide jobs while losing money.

I'll do you one better.

Do you know why the government tries to guarantee workers rights? Well, simply, it's because of the role workers play in the economy. It's not the business owner that creates wealth, but rather the employee. Labor drives the economy.

What “workers?” Workers ain’t driving the American economy if there are no “JOBS” for workers! Oh! That’s right the workers in China and other countries with low taxes, fewer hindering regulations, a lack of unions and minimum wage laws are driving the foreign economies because that’s where businesses actually make profits and can remain in business there, huh?

Sorry I'm still getting use to these overkill signatures. I thought your George Washington pic had something to do with your Henry Ford comment, I didn't see the line. And I have a separate running thread on guns, so there is the confusion.

So elaborate on what Henry Ford said. I'm not a gambling man but if I had to put money on it, I'd say he said a LOT of things.

I shut off the sigs. They just get in the way.

The CEO's first responsibility is to be profitable. If he does not make a profit the business disappears, then ALL the workers are unemployed.

The CEO has a responsibility to the stockholders to run the business in such a way as to be profitable. Many of those stockholders are retirement accounts.

The business exists to make a profit. It does not exist to provide jobs while losing money.

There is profitable and then there is profitable! How much profit does a comany need at the detriment of its employees?

What “workers?” Workers ain’t driving the American economy if there are no “JOBS” for workers! Oh! That’s right the workers in China and other countries with low taxes, fewer hindering regulations, a lack of unions and minimum wage laws are driving the foreign economies because that’s where businesses actually make profits and can remain in business there, huh?

Oh? The darwinist wants us to become more like china. How surprising.

Do you know what results from top down PS with no government intervention? Well, to put it simply, tyranny. When a country allows economic productivity to trump the rights of the working class, wage slavery - a term used by early Americans and revolutionaries in Europe and Russia - in it's entirety becomes a market norm.

As for the economy? We may have our own interpretations, but we're still bound to the same facts. Without labor, the economy doesn't exist. And history has proven that labor can be effective even when a top down business model is abandoned.

Horseshit! You ignore the fact that the world is now days a “GLOBAL ECONOMY.” Leftist don’t understand that this century is no longer 1945 to 1965 when America had it all going for America. The largest manufacturing base in the world by far. No national damage to reconstruct from past wars. A thriving free capitalistic market place with low taxes and few regulations. Nowhere else in the world was there such freedom and economic possibilities. There was little to no competition for America’s products.

Today, there are many countries with strong manufacturing bases, lower wages, few taxes And regulations. “COMPETITION” is now heavy duty globally. Therefore, businesses go where they can compete and profit and remain in business. America’s leftist have made America a poor choice for a manufacturing base. Environmental regulations, tons of other regulations and now the highest corporate taxes on earth. What idiot would want to operate a manufacturing facility in America when the rest of the world offers much greater oppertunity?

I totally agree!!! The “GOVERNMENT” is a bunch of “GREEDY” bastards making many suffer to empower themselves. Causing our manufacturing jobs to go offshore, putting Americans out of work and on unconstitutional federal welfare programs.

You have the right issue for your rage, you’re blaming the wrong culprit! But that’s typical of the left, they never think any issue through to its rational and logical conclusion, they’re BIG government lovers.

Fact is son, that “lower” tax rates bring more revenue into government a fact that leftist ignore and even deny.

So, instead we pamper them with video games and watch them become fat and stupid and have no idea what it is to get and keep a fucking job. Old folks will speak kindly of the days when they had the freedom and opportunity to go to work as a young lad of 10 or 12 years old to help support the family and how that experience taught them “individual responsibility” and a strong “work ethic.” Leftist America is a weak pussy-faced gang of whiners and bitchers!

That’s because you’re a BIG government lefty who has no understanding of economics, the power and necessity of profits and the freedom that “TRUE” capitalism affords its population. You have no concept that America is no longer the world’s manufacturing base because leftist politicians don’t know shit about “COMPETITION” and have taxed and regulated America’s manufacturing businesses out of America. But that’s perfectly typical of leftist. They are the economic idiots of the world. The actual agenda of the neo-communist left here in America is to bankrupt the nation and make as many of the nation’s minions reliant on government as possible They wish to create an old style Soviet Union communist regime here in America. They have one BIG problem. Americans will only stand for so much taxation and there are still millions of Americans that wish to maintain what liberty we have left and sooner or later the loony left will run out of other folks money and nobody will lend the bastards any more money and that’s when the shit will hit the fan and the leftist start crying about being fractured and in disarray just like the fascist right is today except even worse.

What goes around, comes around and lefties are digging a hole they’ll never be able to fill back in!

You have clearly never used your brain before. I don't even know if you read what you type.

I'm fully aware of your perspective, it doesn't take a big brain to grasp the Libertarian concept. You want lead in our paint, poison in our water and smog in the sky because that is "living free".....and that would make lots more money wouldn't it. You are the type that preaches "Why can't I buy milk from a cow farmer! That isn't free!" when most people with a brain understand YOU should have the right to purchase that milk. But it is abused and people like you are giving that milk to their children. The kids are dying from e.coli. Boy that's freedom.

Just because you belong to a party doesn't mean you have to believe in everything they sell you. Use your own brain sometime and try to determine what is right and wrong for America. Stop being a sheep.

The fact is America can't handle it's own success right now. Our money is worth more than other countries. I heard someone say, "It's the CEO's job to maximize profits for the company or the company will go under". Partly true but almost never will a company go under if it stays in the USA. It's purely a profit move. It's why corporate profits are at an all time high right now and wages are at an all time low. http://www.businessinsider.com/corporate-profits-just-hit-an-all-time-high-wages-just-hit-an-all-time-low-2012-6

In other words, the rich yet again are finding reasons and ways to become rich by selling out American citizens. And sadly they can find lots of push-over sheep that will argue it's right and just to do this. "Our living conditions are too good! We need to bring down our standards so we can compete!"

Therapists for the rich say the biggest problem with them is they can't get enough.

So you're actually advocating working conditions of a communist country as the ideal work environment? Really???

I shut off the sigs. They just get in the way.

Phew...dodged that one!

No one has a job if there are no customers, shithead.

So you're actually advocating working conditions of a communist country as the ideal work environment? Really???

Phew...dodged that one!

Surely you must not have noticed that China is well on the way to converting from communism to capitalism while America is converting in the reverse order and attempting to dominate the world militarily in that process just like the old Soviet Union. No wonder lefties & righties love BIG authoritarian government so, huh?

No one has a job if there are no customers, shithead.

I agree! When government kills jobs it also kills “customers!” First you must earn some money before you can become a customer numb-nuts! Oh! That’s right, nobody needs to “earn” money, leftist Nanny government just picks loot from loot trees and gives it out free of toil. Silly me!

I agree! When government kills jobs it also kills “customers!” First you must earn some money before you can become a customer numb-nuts! Oh! That’s right, nobody needs to “earn” money, leftist Nanny government just picks loot from loot trees and gives it out free of toil. Silly me!

When Walmart let you go from their "greeters" Dept. you were not able to buy as much chinese crap were you?

When Walmart let you go from their "greeters" Dept. you were not able to buy as much chinese crap were you?

Well it do seem as though China and Walmart are among the few “American” job creators left. Americans unload the Chinese crap at the docks. Americans transport it to Walmart and Americans sell the Chinese crap in American built Walmart stores and hire Americans to greet other Americans at Walmart. But, it’s likely just a matter of time before the idiot left in America figure a way to see that China gets all of those American jobs too, huh? Probably the day after America defaults on the debt we owe China, right?

Off shoring can be both good and bad, All depends on both the taxes in the US and in the country that the jobs are being sent to, Another factor can be the Per capita GDP.. Free trade not an issue if countries are similar.. Canada and Australia.. Boht very similar in Many aspects so an FTA between us would be no prob, As with NZ but with the US it is an issue, The US seems hell bent on protecting anytjing and everything American even though it appears to be driving up the federal debt. US farmers heavily subsidized, Aussie and Canadian farmers no subsidies and Aussie farmers have even turned down such a proposal.

Surely you must not have noticed that China is well on the way to converting from communism to capitalism while America is converting in the reverse order and attempting to dominate the world militarily in that process just like the old Soviet Union. No wonder lefties & righties love BIG authoritarian government so, huh?

The US has been an imperialist nation since beforw the cold war - we're not converting in to anything.

Having welfare doesn't make us a nanny state, simply one that cares about the welbeing of those within our lower income brackets.

Last edited:
Back