The Insanity of Glenn Beck

Cypress

CNN rightwing pundit show last night: Glenn Beck.

He said (paraphrasing) in relation to alan greenspans comments about the Iraq war and oil: "So WHAT if the iraq war was about oil. Shouldn't it be? This country's economy depends on cheap plentiful oil."

The man has no shame.

He said (paraphrasing) in relation to alan greenspans comments about the Iraq war and oil: "So WHAT if the iraq war was about oil. Shouldn't it be? This country's economy depends on cheap plentiful oil."

The man has no shame.

Well, at least there is some honesty, there. Haven't heard that on the right since James Baker in the 1st Gulf War.

Beats Neil Cavuto taking Alan Greenspan to task for even suggesting such a thing, and equating it with a 'grassy knoll' theory that only fringies like MoveOn believe...

Lorax, it reminds me of when the WMD went missing, and I heard righwing talk radio dudes say "So What if there's no WMD? What about the mass graves and torture chambers?"

For some strange reason, it all just makes me believe these war mongers simply wanted a war to beat up and kick ass on some petty little dictator thug. The reasons for the war didn't really matter. Just the act of war and kicking ass, seems to be the motivation.

"For some strange reason, it all just makes me believe these war mongers simply wanted a war to beat up and kick ass on some petty little dictator thug. The reasons for the war didn't really matter. Just the act of war and kicking ass, seems to be the motivation."

There is definitely truth to this. We were all angry after 9/11, but there is a different psychology at work with the anger of a fair portion of America. There is a testosterone element involved, to be sure. I knew when Bush said (paraphrasing) "you won't see a lot of this war on TV", that it wouldn't fly with this element. They needed "shock & awe" to ease their rage over 9/11, and it didn't matter who was the recipient.

It's the same psychology behind a nutty football fan whose team loses a big game, so he picks a relatively non-threatening target at the bar & beats the snot out of him...

"For some strange reason, it all just makes me believe these war mongers simply wanted a war to beat up and kick ass on some petty little dictator thug. The reasons for the war didn't really matter. Just the act of war and kicking ass, seems to be the motivation."

There is definitely truth to this. We were all angry after 9/11, but there is a different psychology at work with the anger of a fair portion of America. There is a testosterone element involved, to be sure. I knew when Bush said (paraphrasing) "you won't see a lot of this war on TV", that it wouldn't fly with this element. They needed "shock & awe" to ease their rage over 9/11, and it didn't matter who was the recipient.

It's the same psychology behind a nutty football fan whose team loses a big game, so he picks a relatively non-threatening target at the bar & beats the snot out of him...

Do you think that the kind of person you are describing here, developed this rage on 9/12? I think that you are right, and this is some interesting stuff, but I really wonder if these kinds of people aren't always enraged. You know, about something. Maybe just at life. In order for that rage to last this long, you really have to wonder.

Do you think that the kind of person you are describing here, developed this rage on 9/12? I think that you are right, and this is some interesting stuff, but I really wonder if these kinds of people aren't always enraged. You know, about something. Maybe just at life. In order for that rage to last this long, you really have to wonder.

I saw it in my Dad, actually, who is not generally an angry man. Something really weird happened to him after 9/11 - there was some very uncharacteristic behavior, and a lot of mis-placed anger. Maybe there was something seething below the surface for years prior, but I think it was a genuine affront to the fact that such an attack could be carried out against America, who he had previously thought was invincible.

I also saw it to a lesser degree among some of his friends, and among the older generation in general. It's probably much more complex than my pop psychology could break down, but I think it has a lot to do with the fact that his generation lived through Pearl Harbor, and saw themselves collectively as building a strong America that could never be attacked like that again. 9/11 shattered a feeling of safety & power that they had built for decades...

I saw it in my Dad, actually, who is not generally an angry man. Something really weird happened to him after 9/11 - there was some very uncharacteristic behavior, and a lot of mis-placed anger. Maybe there was something seething below the surface for years prior, but I think it was a genuine affront to the fact that such an attack could be carried out against America, who he had previously thought was invincible.

I also saw it to a lesser degree among some of his friends, and among the older generation in general. It's probably much more complex than my pop psychology could break down, but I think it has a lot to do with the fact that his generation lived through Pearl Harbor, and saw themselves collectively as building a strong America that could never be attacked like that again. 9/11 shattered a feeling of safety & power that they had built for decades...

Ok...that is interesting.

The man has no shame.

Umm Truth is truth.
The shame belongs on America for what we have done in the pursuit of oil.

Yeah many peoples sence of safety was shaken badly.
Kind of like the unsinkable titanic sinking....
And the older you are the less you can tolerate change.

9/11 has become the catch-all rationale for anything dumb we might do .. and it's now the supposed buzzword to release the cowboy in us all.

In truth, 9/11 proved how easily Americans are manipulated. All the evidence of that manipulation anyone would ever need is absolutely everywhere to be found. You almost have to be an American to be too blind to see it.

You almost have to be an American not to see its intent and purpose .. because we've done it before.

This was far from a football team that picked a weak opponent to beat up on to revenge a loss .. this is more like invading a small country to control their resources .. and inventing a rationale to do it.

We've done it before .. many times ..

... but it seems that you have to be an American not to know that history.

Yeah many peoples sence of safety was shaken badly.
Kind of like the unsinkable titanic sinking....
And the older you are the less you can tolerate change.

Please .. many people released the stupid in them and trembled like children .. afraid of the bugey,am .. without ever opening thier eyes to see who the bogeyman was.

What a bunch of hypocrites!! You all sit hear typing away this bullshit on your petro based keyboards, Monitor Frame, Laptop frames whatever..., probably going to hop in that petro based vehicle and go grab a StarBucks... and pretend you are holier than thou... non contributors to the addiction of OverSea's Oil ....that your political wing has so much responsibilty for... your self denial.

You sit at your key boards and act as if you and your philosophy have nothing to do with the need for Oil from these Countries.. all the while preaching and banning us from Exploration on our own front. You fucking hyprocrites.

And then come in hear and act all surprised when Glen Beck admits the obvious... yes bottom line..we are fighting for Oil...

You fucking morons.... so blinded by your pretentious self loathing liberal fantasies...that you ignore the National Security Issues involved in securing Oil from this region of the Planet? Your politcal power plays have forced us into 70% importation of Oil... you fucking political whores!! And then come in come in here pretending that alternatives and solar energy can replace the need for foriegn oil... you fucking morons.

Hacks...

What a bunch of hypocrites!! You all sit hear typing away this bullshit on your petro based keyboards, Monitor Frame, Laptop frames whatever..., probably going to hop in that petro based vehicle and go grab a StarBucks... and pretend you are holier than thou... non contributors to the addiction of OverSea's Oil ....that your political wing has so much responsibilty for... your self denial.

You sit at your key boards and act as if you and your philosophy have nothing to do with the need for Oil from these Countries.. all the while preaching and banning us from Exploration on our own front. You fucking hyprocrites.

And then come in hear and act all surprised when Glen Beck admits the obvious... yes bottom line..we are fighting for Oil...

You fucking morons.... so blinded by your pretentious self loathing liberal fantasies...that you ignore the National Security Issues involved in securing Oil from this region of the Planet? Your politcal power plays have forced us into 70% importation of Oil... you fucking political whores!! And then come in come in here pretending that alternatives and solar energy can replace the need for foriegn oil... you fucking morons.

Hacks...

Klaatu, this is stupid and not worthy of a response. You need to be beaten like a little temper tantrum throwing kid. Now go cry.

Klaatu, this is stupid and not worthy of a response. You need to be beaten like a little temper tantrum throwing kid. Now go cry.

The topic is stupid? Yes I agree. My post? Now I ask you..what is so stupid about it? Is it truth to say the very people who are appalled at the idea of a need for Oil are the same ones who depend on it every day? To dismiss at not worthy of response is shallow.. you are capable of better ....

Hacks...

Yea...ya'll make me sick!

Back