The making of Trump

tonight on the History channel.
Who will watch it? What are your expectations? Shall we have a discussion about it?
Are we on Trump overload? :)

For the record, I am no Trump supporter, but I am curious.

It's an excellent documentary that everyone should watch.

Trump’s power is based on the unconditional allegiance of an uneducated, aging white population. The conservatives put their trust in Trump. And that is how he will be able to make his worldview, his politics and his hate those of an entire nation.

Niccolò Machiavelli said that love or fear were the most effective tools in securing power. But "perhaps it is best," the Florentine political theorist said, "to wish to be both loved and feared." It is that amalgamate of feelings that binds the conservatives to Trump.

But why? What does this man from New York convey so effectively to racist, uneducated white people?

Trump's appeal has always been, and continues to be, attributed to his charisma. Trump himself uses the term, as if there is a mythical bond between the Führer and his people. But there is nothing heavenly about the conservatives' entanglement with Trump.

As in every lasting relationship, it began with a spontaneous connection, which emerged from shared cultural and mythological legacy.

But there are also tangible elements. His charisma was a pretext, masking the joint interests of the conservatives and Trump. What connects the Führer and his people is fear of the modern age, or in other words, the future.

Modernism meant the endeavor to subject all thought and action to reason, thereby making decisions and actions comprehensible and verifiable. This is an attitude that requires the rejection of any metaphysical rationalization.

Modern thought was never able to develop as fully in conservative white America as it did elsewhere. The baby of individual freedom, epitomized by Washington, Jefferson and many others, was thrown out with the bathwater of September 11.

The vast majority of the American bourgeoisie was more interested in aligning itself with the nationalist idealism of conservative philosophers Bush, or Karl Roves’ newly invented world of neo-conservative myths. Indeed, they veritably fled to those comforts, instead of subjecting their political, social and cultural awareness to objectively verifiable criteria.

That attitude gained currency following the trauma of defeat in Iraq and the socio-economic crisis the Bush economy brought in its wake.

Instead of rationally tackling and overcoming the difficulties that loomed at the beginning of the 21st century, the conservatives sought escape in an intoxication of chauvinism - the same jingoism that had already contributed so much to their misery during Vietnam and thereafter.

The conservatives felt, and indeed were, threatened by modernism, since they had, to a great degree, closed their eyes to the principles of lucid reason. Trump also considered himself a victim of modernism and blamed it for Americas’ failures. Trump and his Make America Great movement gave true voice to the fears of the white conservative class. He told the conservatives that Muslims and Hispanics were the only cause of all their misery.

But Trump was not satisfied just to denounce the Muslims and Hispanics. His goal is to lead a war of “liberation” from all non-whites, activating the racism in conservative white America.

The Republicans fueled those racist beliefs until they escalated into a war against minorities, which found its ultimate expression in coldly executed mass hysteria.

There you have it; in Liberal dumbfuck land where the TrollTARD wallows, we all need to think the same and be just as stupid as he is.
moron.jpg

You know, you can basically encapsulate what you said and be completely right.

Donald Trump is sort of a political "reality star" for under-educated White Trash. People confuse lower-middle class Americans without a college degree with the "Silent Majority", but they are no longer that - and White Trash is no longer confined to Appalachia or Trailer parks. 21st Century demographics are finally catching up to a GOP party based on the electorate of 1980.

Increasingly in America, you are worth your economic output, and nothing more. That is a tough pill for many people to swallow, and a quick but fleeting palliative is the idea that somehow, people of recent arrival to America or those who speak in a less than classic Southern accent are responsible for the fact they are becoming essentially working poor. As recently as the 1990s, if you were born white and had a High School education, you had the keys to two cars, a few trips to Disney World or Branson, and a life of Middle Class security. That era is almost gone, but the transition hurts, and it has taken a painfully long time to accomplish. And of course, any person loud enough to blame convenient people will get the support of at least 1/3 of the modern GOP electorate. White trash flocks together - we just have some new entrants to the club. You can quite easily interpret this from any number of 2008 & 2012 exit polls, to say nothing of the brewing 2016 election disaster the GOP is sitting on.

America is still segregated - but whereas in the past it was based on race and culture, today it is increasingly based on education and income. The sons and daughters of middle America will make less than their parents, and "Wall Street" or "The Establishment" will continue to value raw economic output more than Lee Greenwood-inspired values of yesteryear. Interestingly, the poor and the very wealthy and well educated will continue to inch leftward for somewhat different reasons, but the result is pretty clear - the Democrats have a pretty strong lock on Presidential politics, and it is getting stronger every election.

As America's income inequality continues to grow wider (while our country actually grows richer), the middle class will diminish accordingly, and the GOP has become the resting place for many of these have-nots that can remember what it was like to be a "have". It is a form of poetic justice that the party so big on "personal responsibility" and "free market economics" is becoming the resting point for the people who are failing in such a system.

This is another of the many dumbfuck posts we see on the internet that basically attempt to make the moronic argument that the economy is finite, and therefore, if someone gets more, someone else must have gotten less.

I wish you people would educate yourselves instead of parroting dimwitted false media narratives.

Some people desperately love money, and anyone with it. The more flashy the better. They don't care how the money was attained they simply love anyone who has it.

Good lord; you really are full of dumb, dishonest and stupid aren't you? No wonder you vote Liberal.

This is another of the many dumbfuck posts we see on the internet that basically attempt to make the moronic argument that the economy is finite, and therefore, if someone gets more, someone else must have gotten less.

I wish you people would educate yourselves instead of parroting dimwitted false media narratives.

Your reply really does not make sense. But that's OK. You got me to read your post, and it feels good when people listen to you, right?

Oh, and you can always "educate yourselves", but that translates rather poorly on a resume or any worthwhile endeavor in life. Try and be educated by others who have a bit of credibility, and form your own original thoughts. If you are really smart and talented, you can be "educated" by the very smartest people in the world, both in school and via your career. All the cool elites are doing it.

Your reply really does not make sense. But that's OK. You got me to read your post, and it feels good when people listen to you, right?

That is only because you are an uneducated moron on steroids; even a third grader with a modicum of intelligence could understand what I wrote.

Oh, and you can always "educate yourselves", but that translates rather poorly on a resume or any worthwhile endeavor in life.

You think that YOU have any credibility? Did you anoint yourself credible? Dumbfuck.

Try and be educated by others who have a bit of credibility, and form your own original thoughts. If you are really smart and talented, you can be "educated" by the very smartest people in the world, both in school and via your career. All the cool elites are doing it.

I am amused that you think the leftist screed you erupt with here is original; what part do you think is original shit-for-brains?

Yep, in liberal loony land, saying that the economy is infinite and that when someone like Gates invents software that increases productivity, jobs and prosperity, it is to be denounced as unoriginal and uneducated.

You're dumber than a bag of rocks and too stupid to comprehend it.

Was it not true that they owed more than they had?

It was a bullshit claim that only low information dullards and glib gullible supporters like you could believe. But then, you support corrupt lying politicians who have a "D" next to their name. It's your primary criteria for voting.

I loved that exchange; I am only surprised Diane Sawyer actually pressed her on the issue....but again, for all the wrong reasons.

DIANE SAWYER, ABC NEWS: It has been reported you've made $5 million making speeches, the president's made more than $100 million.

HILLARY CLINTON: Well, if you -- you have no reason to remember, but we came out of the White House not only dead broke, but in debt. We had no money when we got there and we struggled to, you know, piece together the resources for mortgages for houses, for Chelsea's education, you know, it was not easy. Bill has worked really hard and it's been amazing to me. He's worked very hard, first of all, we had to pay off all our debts which was, you know, we had to make double the money because of obviously taxes, and pay you have at debts, and get us houses and take care of family members.

SAWYER: But do you think Americans will understand five times the median income in this country for one speech?

CLINTON: Well, let me put it this way, I thought making speeches for money was a much better thing than getting connected with any one group or company as so many people who leave public life do.

I loved that exchange; I am only surprised Diane Sawyer actually pressed her on the issue....but again, for all the wrong reasons.

DIANE SAWYER, ABC NEWS: It has been reported you've made $5 million making speeches, the president's made more than $100 million.

HILLARY CLINTON: Well, if you -- you have no reason to remember, but we came out of the White House not only dead broke, but in debt. We had no money when we got there and we struggled to, you know, piece together the resources for mortgages for houses, for Chelsea's education, you know, it was not easy. Bill has worked really hard and it's been amazing to me. He's worked very hard, first of all, we had to pay off all our debts which was, you know, we had to make double the money because of obviously taxes, and pay you have at debts, and get us houses and take care of family members.

SAWYER: But do you think Americans will understand five times the median income in this country for one speech?

CLINTON: Well, let me put it this way, I thought making speeches for money was a much better thing than getting connected with any one group or company as so many people who leave public life do.

YEAH; heaven forbid that they sell ONE of their mansions, if they were in such dire straits.

Back