The McCain Straddle

of course. I'm not out donating money to him or rounding up other folks to try and vote for him but I'm not going to sit here and say I flat out won't vote for him.

Really? Shocking.

In your opinion, what areas does he excel in to make you still want to consider putting him into the most power office in the world?

Really? Shocking.

In your opinion, what areas does he excel in to make you still want to consider putting him into the most power office in the world?

At this point in the game it is simply a matter of how two people compare against each other because if it was a matter of where do people excel I wouldn't vote.

Even with yesterday's verbal fuck up I'll take McCain all day long over Obama on taxes. And let's say McCain does sell out and does something like raise the SSI tax it is still far below what Obama is proposing for tax raises which I believe will be disastorous.

Schools - McCain gave a real good speech to the NAACP last week about the need for change and reform in our school system. As to how much he can accomplish or attempt to follow through on remains to be seen. I've learned not to get my hopes up but at least the rhetoric now excites me. I actually like a few of the things Obama has said about schools and change but at the end of the day he receives endorsements and a lot of money from the teachers union and I don't think he will risk alienating them.

Judges - I do not want Rv.W overturned and I don't think it will happen but besides that issue I would probably side with the judges McCain would select rather than Obama. However McCain could easily pull a Bush Sr. or Ford and nominate liberals to court.

Overseas - Yes, I've seen McCain's verbal fuck ups. I think he will deal with Iraq better than Obama and I think he has a different disposition than Bush in how he will deal with foreign leaders as far as not completely alienating them.

I didn't vote for McCain in the primary's (actually I didn't vote at all because I wasn't home and there wasn't anyone I supported) so he isn't my first choice but his beliefs are closer to mine than Obama's and that would be the reason I'd support him.

Edit: The Demcrats are going to have a huge margin in Congress and the idea of Obama and a veto proof Congress is not what I'm looking for. I still think a Dem Congress would run over McCain McCain would at least stop some of the worse things from going through.

Last edited:
no simpleton, that's not what I said.

"I think he will deal with Iraq better than Obama and I think he has a different disposition than Bush in how he will deal with foreign leaders as far as not completely alienating them.
"

Not COMPLETELY alienating them.

Yep not as bad as bush.

Let's say MCCain does sell out? Is that really hypothetical?

MCCain has sold out in the most grimly real ways, there is no need for flights of fancy.

"I think he will deal with Iraq better than Obama and I think he has a different disposition than Bush in how he will deal with foreign leaders as far as not completely alienating them.
"

Not COMPLETELY alienating them.

Yep not as bad as bush.

fine, I didn't mean to give you a hard on. I feel McCain will be no different in their relationship with the international community than Obama.

At this point in the game it is simply a matter of how two people compare against each other because if it was a matter of where do people excel I wouldn't vote........ And let's say McCain does sell out and does something like raise the SSI tax it is still far below what Obama is proposing for tax raises which I believe will be disastorous.

Well, that's the problem. You don't know what kind of raises you'll get with McCain. Obama's been upfront and consistent with his proposals.

Schools - McCain gave a real good speech to the NAACP last week about the need for change and reform in our school system. As to how much he can accomplish or attempt to follow through on remains to be seen

Now thatsironic. You applaud McCain's good speech without any knowledge on exactly how he's going to acheive his utopic ideas.

Judges - I do not want Rv.W overturned and I don't think it will happen but besides that issue I would probably side with the judges McCain would select rather than Obama. However McCain could easily pull a Bush Sr. or Ford and nominate liberals to court.

This is why I call Bush supporters retarded: A$$ backward thinking.
You don't want R v. W overturned, so you'll side withe conservative who may just be putting on a front b/c he's a closet liberal. Let me help you out. The answer is Obama. You can rest assured R v. W won't be overturned.

Overseas - Yes, I've seen McCain's verbal fck ups. I think he will deal with Iraq better than Obama and I think he has a different disposition than Bush in how he will deal with foreign leaders as far as not completely alienating them.

LOL, like his indifference to us staying there 100 years despite the Iraqi pleas that we leave. Yeah. That's going to over well on the international scene. As far as ability to reach out to other countries and extend an olive branch, with one visit Obama has proven to be superior.

Well, that's the problem. You don't know what kind of raises you'll get with McCain. Obama's been upfront and consistent with his proposals.

Now thatsironic. You applaud McCain's good speech without any knowledge on exactly how he's going to acheive his utopic ideas.

This is why I call Bush supporters retarded: A$$ backward thinking.
You don't want R v. W overturned, so you'll side withe conservative who may just be putting on a front b/c he's a closet liberal. Let me help you out. The answer is Obama. You can rest assured R v. W won't be overturned.

LOL, like his indifference to us staying there 100 years despite the Iraqi pleas that we leave. Yeah. That's going to over well on the international scene. As far as ability to reach out to other countries and extend an olive branch, with one visit Obama has proven to be superior.

McCain has stated he will extend the Bush tax cuts and not raise the capital gains rate. Obama has said he will let most of the Bush tax cuts expire and will raise capital gains taxes. McCain's fuck up was on SSI. Obama has already said he will raise it. They are not even close on taxes and that's the biggest issue.

The reason I question the schol issue is with a Democratic dominated Congress it might be hard to pass. That won't stop me from supporting the idea though.

As far as judges I said I don't believe Rv.W will be overturned regardless of who is put on the court. But abortion isn't the top issue for me so overall I like judges that are stronger on issues like property rights etc.

The left has been so closeminded lately. I am probably voting for Obama, but I can admit that McCain would be a decent President as well. There are plenty of legitimate reasons to vote for McCain over Obama, just like there are vice versa.

Acting like it is a non-choice just shows how truly stupid and closeminded some people can be. I could make a legitimate case for voting either way.

The left has been so closeminded lately. I am probably voting for Obama, but I can admit that McCain would be a decent President as well. There are plenty of legitimate reasons to vote for McCain over Obama, just like there are vice versa.

Acting like it is a non-choice just shows how truly stupid and closeminded some people can be. I could make a legitimate case for voting either way.

And not realizing what a pathetic candidate he is, shows how idiotic people can be.

Back