The N word is okay in the general forum?

If I do not want to see the n and the r word being thrown around, I must go into the Above politics area? Is it pretty much a anything goes area except for calling people pedophiles?

Yes, I read the rules. I just want to know what's actually going on here.
A few posters use the n-word and a bunch use the term retard it's best to put them on ignore because they are free to do so. The only thing they can't do is the pedophile thing and they can't use the slurs in post titles. Once you ignore someone, discussions they start and things they post will be hidden. You will also get no notifications when they quote you. It's really like they don't exist. You still have an option at the bottom of the page to reveal ignored content though.

In titles understood. But within a comment it's fine?

Example : "Nick is a n*****" This is happening all over your forum.
Well, not necessarily. If we determine it is simple trolling they get banned. Almost everyone using that kind of slur is a simple troll posting solely for reaction, it cleans itself up relatively nicely.

Okay thanks for the clarification but I won't be looking back to report them. Hopefully it will get cleaned up.

If a black poster refers to a white poster as "cracka" is it OK for the white poster to respond by referring to the black poster as "nigga"?

This exchange occurred.

As I understand it, "nigga" is acceptable.

If I do not want to see the n and the r word being thrown around, I must go into the Above politics area? Is it pretty much a anything goes area except for calling people pedophiles?

Yes, I read the rules. I just want to know what's actually going on here.
I don't understand people who say "n-word" as if saying "nigger" would start an earthquake.

It's classless to actually call somebody a nigger,
but to be afraid to reference the word as a word is
childish to me.

Hypersensitivity is out of control.

Not here. I used the word and then watched the owner disappear my thead, giving no explanation.

Not one of DAMO's better moments.

I don't understand people who say "n-word" as if saying "nigger" would start an earthquake.

childish to me.

Words R Violence according to the Modern Morons.

Weaponized Empathy.

DUMB IDEA!

At least when a poster uses the n word we know pretty much what they are. I rememeber when it was used a lot even in the open but Im old. Now it just proves how ignorant some humans are. Cracker? What a joke. I remember being called a cracker when I was about 9. My first thought was if Im a cracker that person must be burnt toast. My parents taught me better in the 60s. Cracler carries non of the weight the N word carries.

At least when a poster uses the n word we know pretty much what they are. I rememeber when it was used a lot even in the open but Im old. Now it just proves how ignorant some humans are. Cracker? What a joke. I remember being called a cracker when I was about 9. My first thought was if Im a cracker that person must be burnt toast. My parents taught me better in the 60s. Cracler carries non of the weight the N word carries.
White Lib Crackas pay good money to corporations ... to hear Blacks call each other the N word ... or call Black women ho's and bitches.

:dunno:

Music is all free now basically. I never got that music and never will. I guess its from anger or a brotherhood we don't understand. And I understand that ;)

You'll hear some young people, of all races, use the n-word on occasion because it is so ubiquitous in hip hop and the kids want to be cool, want to be down (meaning they aren't using it in the hateful derogatory sense).

My nephew is (bi-racial) black and in 7th grade. A few weeks ago a classmate of his (a half Asian/half white kid) called him a "hard R". (for those who don't understand that's the n-word with ER at the end instead of an A - but instead of actually saying the n-word he said "hard R" which means the n-word). On one hand kids in middle school still have developing brains and don't fully understand all their actions, we've all been there. At the same time that is obviously completely unacceptable.

As far as this board goes there's just no need for use of the word. This board is dominated by Boomers (none of whom are black) and no one here (to my knowledge at least) grew up in the 'hood and would have a pass for speaking like that in old age.

childish to me.

Yep, a lot of faux poutrage and demands this board be a daycare center, complete with diaper changes.

Nothing ever changes.

Reactions: TOP

childish to me.

Because there really isn't any other word like it in the American language. There's a whole bunch of P.C. (crap) around words like retarded, midget etc. (you want to see some f'ing hilarious comedy then google Ralphie May and retarded - it's from one of his stand up routines and is funny AF).

The question is why do non black people feel the need to use the word? How is one unable to articulate their feelings without it? I have a hard time believing a bunch of non black 'Boomers (let's just say it's all white people for the sake of discussion) saying "hey meet John, he's my n-word". Do you and your friends speak that way?

Because there really isn't any other word like it in the American language. There's a whole bunch of P.C. (crap) around words like retarded, midget etc. (you want to see some f'ing hilarious comedy then google Ralphie May and retarded - it's from one of his stand up routines and is funny AF).

The question is why do non black people feel the need to use the word? How is one unable to articulate their feelings without it? I have a hard time believing a bunch of non black 'Boomers (let's just say it's all white people for the sake of discussion) saying "hey meet John, he's my n-word". Do you and your friends speak that way?
Your example is not that about which I'm speaking.
I agree that what you've illustrated is classless.

Here's an example of what I mean:
"It's considered totally unacceptable among civilized Americans to refer to dark-skinned people as 'niggers.' "

We're just referring to the word. Why do we have to be so hyper-sensitive that we have to say "N-word?"
To me, it's childish. The people with whom I have frequent discourse aren't that delicate.

Back