The purpose of 9-12 was to bring America back to where we were the day after 911?

uscitizen

Villified User
Does anyone really want to go back there?
I mean think about it folks.
All those people dead.
The fear it spawned.
It allowed us to be misled into a WRONG war.
And wound up causing Bush to be elected AGAIN!

The purpose of 9-12 was to bring America back to where we were the day after 911?
Does anyone really want to go back there?
I mean think about it folks.
All those people dead.
The fear it spawned.
It allowed us to be misled into a WRONG war.
And wound up causing Bush to be elected AGAIN!

???....first I heard that was the purpose....

???....first I heard that was the purpose....
9/12 is about remembering how we all came together as one regardless of political party, race, etc., it's about the silver lining, not the negative. Only the penultimate pessimist would be capable of only seeing what was listed here.

9/12 is about remembering how we all came together as one regardless of political party, race, etc., it's about the silver lining, not the negative. Only the penultimate pessimist would be capable of only seeing what was listed here.

Are you talking about the date 9/12 or the "massive" spectacle in Washington?
Somehow, I don't remember seeing many olive branches there, either in the audience or among the speakers.

Somehow, I don't remember seeing many olive branches there, either in the audience or among the speakers.

The spectacle in WA. It was what Glen Beck said and others.

But as you pointed out it it failed Damo's expectations big time.
The clips I have seen all were filled with shouting hate filled faces and signs.

That "spectacle" was a protest against something else. I am speaking of the 9/12 movement, which was mixed a bit with the protest but the aim of which is to try to bring back the moment where we were all "Americans" rather than "those evil liberals and those evil conservatives."

That "spectacle" was a protest against something else. I am speaking of the 9/12 movement, which was mixed a bit with the protest but the aim of which is to try to bring back the moment where we were all "Americans" rather than "those evil liberals and those evil conservatives."

That's the movement that mentally ill chap on the telly started isn't it? Odd looking fellow, always talking nonsense or weeping.

That pretty much describes everybody on the telly, you'll have to be more specific.

:D

Yes, we in Britain love your crazy news people and their strange ways.

Is is all like this? Everywhere?

(some swearyness involved, if you're watching at work)

Don't know.

There's some youtube video of Glenn Beck crying and sobbing, where he explains it.

I know of no "9/12 movement". It certainly is not part of the politics of today and among talk show hacks it is merely a means of increasing listenership(read money) without a bit of sincerity involved.
Maybe I was watching the wrong "spectacle", but through the lenses from which I saw the event, reconciliation did not exist, nor was it part of the plan.

I know of no "9/12 movement". It certainly is not part of the politics of today and among talk show hacks it is merely a means of increasing listenership(read money) without a bit of sincerity involved.
Maybe I was watching the wrong "spectacle", but through the lenses from which I saw the event, reconciliation did not exist, nor was it part of the plan.

This event was touted by right wing hacks as a 912 event.

Damo is just being a right wing apologist.

:D

Yes, we in Britain love your crazy news people and their strange ways.

Is is all like this? Everywhere?

(some swearyness involved, if you're watching at work)

YouTube - Charlie Brooker on the American News Media. Funny

In addition to the feigned sincerity, I am particularly amused by the verbal masturbation of one Fox talk show host "seriously" interviewing another Fox talk show host or "contributor".
Thanks for the video, we sure must look stupid to the civilized world. I was going to say "to the rest of the civilized world", but somehow it didn't fit.

Back