The solar and wind energy lie

because 6840 acres of sand, rock, and windborn dust is so much better looking.....

Yes it is; and the fact that solar is a massive waste of energy and effort for very little result.

I'm always amused when people do not understand or have an appreciation for desert beauty and the variety of life that inhabits the desert.

I have solar panels at my mountain retreat. Useful, but not something you want to rely on. My hydro is much more reliable.

People who think solar can replace fossil fuels are fools and do not understand thermodynamics.

As for LEDs? I will never own them. I am an incandescent man. I have enough for two lifetimes.

I have a good sized box at my shop that I'm trying to give away. $10 shipping and its yours.

Lowes has 40W eq. LED bulbs for $5 ea now...

I have a good sized box at my shop that I'm trying to give away. $10 shipping and its yours.

Lowes has 40W eq. LED bulbs for $5 ea now...

No thanks. I am extremely happy with my incandescent bulbs. Give them to the po who are getting screwed by these policies

I always find it humorous when libbies wring their effete hands over the poor yet impose policies that increase their expenses like these stupid lightbulbs. That is why I laugh at douchetips like Prune when they wax poetic about the poor yet espouse debunked theories like man mad global warming.

The Warmers are freaking out because they thought they had a winning issue

no....you just wanted to accuse me of something without bothering to have any basis in fact and it didn't work.....that has nothing to do with my knowledge of metaphors.......

What am I accusing you of other than desperately avoiding the substance of the thread? So you’re here to argue how efficient and environmentally harmless solar and wind energy is?

The OP is a real stretch.

The thing to remember is that we're at the beginning stages on alternative energy. It will get more efficient, more cost-effective, less obtrusive.

Regardless, it's the future, and everyone should embrace that. This isn't a liberal or conservative issue. Developing renewable sources of energy is ultimately the best course not just for sustainability & the environment, but for issues like national security, as well.

I'll never really get why conservatives celebrate every failure & downplay its importance. Same as the folks who argued 30 years ago that computers wouldn't really amount to anything, because they were so big & clunky.

The OP is a real stretch.

The thing to remember is that we're at the beginning stages on alternative energy. It will get more efficient, more cost-effective, less obtrusive.

Regardless, it's the future, and everyone should embrace that. This isn't a liberal or conservative issue. Developing renewable sources of energy is ultimately the best course not just for sustainability & the environment, but for issues like national security, as well.

I'll never really get why conservatives celebrate every failure & downplay its importance. Same as the folks who argued 30 years ago that computers wouldn't really amount to anything, because they were so big & clunky.

The bolded part is the fabulous lie of "renewable" energy sources. They can't get "less" intrusive based on their reliance on ancient technology.

One cannot harness wind and solar without being very intrusive, not to mention the toxic waste from battery manufacturing and the subsequent toxic garbage when batteries have spent their useful lives.

The OP is right on target proving what an intrusive and inneficient technology such efforts entail.

Please make the case then. I am stumped to find anything as environmentally intrusive as a massive solar or wind energy plant taking up 6,000 acres of land to produce a modicum of energy as being harmless.

its taking up 6000 acres of dust in the middle of 600,000 acres of dust.......as for wind energy.....I know that some Iowa farmers get $4k per tower annual rent and each one takes up less than an acre.....I wish someone would get obtrusive with my land.....

Back