The solar and wind energy lie

I personally know that solar technology - on a very small, personal scaled project - has cut my electricity bill nearly in half, and has cut my LP gas consumption by way more than half with solar hot water. The project payback will happen in less than a year from now. Small scaled projects such as mine could be installed on tons of houses throughout the US.

And my system uses no batteries whatsoever.... when I am making more electricity than I am using, the meter simply spins backwards.

Last edited:
I personally know that solar technology - on a very small, personal scaled project - has cut my electricity bill nearly in half, and has cut my LP gas consumption by way more than half with solar hot water. The project payback will happen in less than a year from now. Small scaled projects such as mine could be installed on tons of houses throughout the US.

And my system uses no batteries whatsoever.... when I am making more electricity than I am using, the meter simply spins backwards.

That's all swell and dandy, but that isn't the topic of this thread is it?

its taking up 6000 acres of dust in the middle of 600,000 acres of dust.......as for wind energy.....I know that some Iowa farmers get $4k per tower annual rent and each one takes up less than an acre.....I wish someone would get obtrusive with my land.....

I'm amused that you think the desert isn't an important ecological habitat and merely a bunch of dust. You don't get out much do you?

As for your anectdotal argument, how is a farmer benefitting fom a very poor source of energy related to the thread topic of huge energy farms?

But again, how much would you appreciate it if you and all your neighbors had huge wind fans in every backyard?

I know, you'll just lie and say you would be fine with it. ;)

a thread entitled the solar and wind energy lie is not about solar energy? ROFLMFAO

You're even more stupid than I thought you possibly could be. You don't like solar and say it isn't green because it doesn't LOOK pretty arrayed out in the desert? Who gives a shit? The environment thinks it's pretty fucking green. You rant about batteries when the technology is available to use solar without batteries.

You're a moron.

I'm amused that you think the desert isn't an important ecological habitat and merely a bunch of dust. You don't get out much do you?

As for your anectdotal argument, how is a farmer benefitting fom a very poor source of energy related to the thread topic of huge energy farms?

But again, how much would you appreciate it if you and all your neighbors had huge wind fans in every backyard?

I know, you'll just lie and say you would be fine with it. ;)

well lets see......a desert.....doesn't contribute any CO2 to the atmosphere.....no one can live there.....you can't go out and visit it during mid-day without protection........can't produce any food......what's the important ecological habitat part.....the fact that road runners and snakes can live there in peace?.....

how is a farmer benefiting from a "very poor source"?.....by getting $4k a year rent from that acre instead of $150 a year rent.....

have you ever actually stood at the base of a wind tower?......I have.....I found it to be a pleasant experience.....no need to lie.....

how many rattlesnakes had to move out?

images

a thread entitled the solar and wind energy lie is not about solar energy?

Dear clueless dumbass; try reading he thread OP instead of removing any doubt what a clueless asshole you are.

You're even more stupid than I thought you possibly could be. You don't like solar and say it isn't green because it doesn't LOOK pretty arrayed out in the desert? Who gives a shit? The environment thinks it's pretty fucking green. You rant about batteries when the technology is available to use solar without batteries.

Where did I claim I don't like solar shit-for-brains? Of course you don't give a shit; the only thing you care about is derailing threads with your reougnant ignorance while removing any doubt what a partisan asshole you are.

As stated earlier in the thread, but apparently above your reading comprehension level, I think that solar energy projects at the local level are a great energy supplement, a good way to save money and energy and I even pointed to Government offices and schools using them as covered parking providing much needed shade. However, I am not certain there is a cost/benefit because I do know that these structures are very expensive to build and would guess it has a very long payback period.

You're a moron.

....says the clueless leftist dunce who cannot comprehend what the OP is about. Want to see what a moron looks like, get a mirror shit-for-brains.

You're one dumb repugnant slum dwelling expat.

Last edited:
my "slum"s all tricked out with every possible solar enhancement. I'll bet your single wide has a beer fridge!

:lol:

well lets see......a desert.....doesn't contribute any CO2 to the atmosphere

Yes it does; do you have anything to support this claim?

.....no one can live there

Millions are living in the desert; where do you think Phoenix is? LMAO

.....you can't go out and visit it during mid-day without protection

Try doing that in the Southeast in summertime. :rolleyes:

........can't produce any food

Again; a lot of food is grown in the California and Arizona deserts. You need to get out more.

......what's the important ecological habitat part.....the fact that road runners and snakes can live there in peace?

Maybe you should pick up a book sometime and learn about desert eco systems? They are quite diverse, interesting and susceptible to massive changes to their eco systems.

how is a farmer benefiting from a "very poor source"?.....by getting $4k a year rent from that acre instead of $150 a year rent.....

I am quite certain that farmers do not rent out farmable land for $150 an acre per year; do you have any sources you can cite? I have some. ;)

have you ever actually stood at the base of a wind tower?......I have.....I found it to be a pleasant experience.....no need to lie.....

That’s a funny question seeing that I live in California and get to see the massive windmill farms producing little energy in the valley where Palm Springs sits. It is a massive eyesore that causes ongoing damage to the surrounding habitat and birds that constantly get killed in their blades.

So let me summarize your argument; you don’t care how inefficient these sources are or the ecological damage they cause because in your myopic world, the desert is nothing but a useless pile of dirt. Is that about it?

I am quite certain that farmers do not rent out farmable land for $150 an acre per year; do you have any sources you can cite? I have some. ;)

???....dude, I OWN farmland that's rented out.....I AM the source....

Millions are living in the desert; where do you think Phoenix is? LMAO

they aren't proposing building this solar array in Phoenix or any place where they are growing food.....they are proposing building it on 6000 acres of dust and rock.....

???....dude, I OWN farmland that's rented out.....I AM the source....

This is anecdotal and not relevant; unless of course you are suggesting that you are representative of ALL farmers in America.

But it also suggests that you may be a fairly poor business person. Hell, I got $3,000 just to allow an oil company to drill a horizontal exploratory well to find oil on mere mineral rights I have in Oklahoma.

they aren't proposing building this solar array in Phoenix or any place where they are growing food.....they are proposing building it on 6000 acres of dust and rock.....

Wrong; many of these solar energy and wind energy sites are quite close to cities and are not just comprised of dust and rock; which in itself suggests a painful ignorance about desert ecological systems.

Back