The Spouses

No but 3 of my sisters do. I helped pay their way thru college.
I also know those who have gotten law degrees.

Is there a bar exam type of thing for masters ?

So a Masters is less than a law degree?

The initial post was from the resident idiot. That by itself should tell you that you should have questioned the validity. Would you take Dano at his word in such a manner?

I didn't think so.

I didn't focus on college degree in my initial post.

I specifically referred to their professional careers. Some of those women had professional careers, some choose to mostly be homemakers, of sorts.

And yes, in general, a law degree is harder to get than a master's degree. IMO. Although, I would be freaked out by a master's degree in quantum physics. :)

What exactly are you basing this analysis from? Oh yeah, you take the word of the resident idiot.

I guess I should say that if the initial post is true the Republican wives listed are less educated, and even with the update that fact remains true.

So a Masters is less than a law degree?

The initial post was from the resident idiot. That by itself should tell you that you should have questioned the validity. Would you take Dano at his word in such a manner?

I didn't think so.

1) A masters is less than a Juris Docterate!
2) I almost ALWAYS take Dano's word on just about anything.

The Democratic women are all Lawyers, which implies they have a Juris Doctorate, except for Kuchenich whose wife has a MS.

The Republican women are mostly silent on education except for Laura Bush who has an AA.

Masters Degree can be done in 2 additional years, Law degrees are 3 years long. Ph.D in just about anything is more work than a J.D. As a Law student I wrote 3 papers in excess of 75 pages but never had to defend them like you would a thesis. Then again, a masters in WHAT compared to a JD. My bet is a Masters in Physics is an ass kicker that a JD cannot compare to. But a Masters Sociology or Psychology? Probably no so much. I tire of listening to my lawyer friends pretend that we worked so much harder than Masters students. I graduated from Law School right in the middle of the pack. I knew I was going to work for the public defender's department and so I didn't have to bust my ass to get the top 10 grades so I could get the Judicial clerkship or associates position in the high power firm billing 1700 hours a year and never see the inside of the courtroom. A Law Degree is just a hoop to jump through and that is all. Doesn't make anyone smarter because they have one.

I dont know the answer to that, they are both Doctorate degrees.
A JD is no where near the same amount of work as a Ph.D. A JD is called a Juris Doctorate but there are several schools that offer an advanced Doctor of Laws degree which is a Ph.D. a Ph.D is typically 2more years than a Masters and then writing a Dissertation and defending it.

Masters Degree can be done in 2 additional years, Law degrees are 3 years long. Ph.D in just about anything is more work than a J.D. As a Law student I wrote 3 papers in excess of 75 pages but never had to defend them like you would a thesis. Then again, a masters in WHAT compared to a JD. My bet is a Masters in Physics is an ass kicker that a JD cannot compare to. But a Masters Sociology or Psychology? Probably no so much. I tire of listening to my lawyer friends pretend that we worked so much harder than Masters students. I graduated from Law School right in the middle of the pack. I knew I was going to work for the public defender's department and so I didn't have to bust my ass to get the top 10 grades so I could get the Judicial clerkship or associates position in the high power firm billing 1700 hours a year and never see the inside of the courtroom. A Law Degree is just a hoop to jump through and that is all. Doesn't make anyone smarter because they have one.

Some of that depends on what subjects you are good at and what you are not good at. A BS in chemistry would have been much harder for me than my J.D. was.

A JD is no where near the same amount of work as a Ph.D. A JD is called a Juris Doctorate but there are several schools that offer an advanced Doctor of Laws degree which is a Ph.D. a Ph.D is typically 2more years than a Masters and then writing a Dissertation and defending it.

You can get an LLM, which is an advanced law degree.

"The Master of Laws is an advanced academic degree, or research degree, and is commonly abbreviated LL.M. (also LLM or LL.M) from its Latin name, Legum Magister. (For female students, the less common variant Legum Magistra may also be used.) The LL.M. degree is a course of specialized research pursued after earning a first degree in law (such as a LL.B., B.C.L. or J.D.)." - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_of_Laws

If you have a "doctorate" degree that doesn't entitle you to call yourself "Doctor" (like a JD), it isn't a doctorate.

A PhD is a shitload of work for the masochists that don't mind being paid nothing.

Back