The Un

Bobv , appear to be against the UN, but are clueless as to it's functions. How typical.

no i think the un is great idea, just dosnt seem to be what it should be.

ya they do a great job on human aid... but what else

somthing wrong with me tring to get people opinion on that or am i just saposed to goalong with thing and ask no questions ?

Bobv , appear to be against the UN, but are clueless as to it's functions. How typical.

no i think the un is great idea, just dosnt seem to be what it should be.

ya they do a great job on human aid... but what else

somthing wrong with me tring to get people opinion on that or am i just saposed to goalong with things and ask no questions ?

what sucsessfully have they done too stop any wars ?

that wasn't even your original question.

You're original question was answered. I suspect you were unaware of the multitude of examples you were given, in terms of the UN's function in health care, refugee assistance, science, and social services.

Why are you changing your question now?

You're original question was answered. I suspect you were unaware of the multitude of examples you were given, in terms of the UN's function in health care, refugee assistance, science, and social services.

whats wrong with asking questions ?

what do you want me too start a new threat every time i have a question ?

so either leave it alone, or get over it

whats wrong with asking questions ?

what do you want me too start a new threat every time i have a question ?

so either leave it alone, or get over it

why cypress... do you insiste on being an ass ?

what sucsessfully have they done too stop any wars ?

I served as a UN observer in Lebanon for two years and there weren't any wars started there while I was there. I consider my tour as a UN observer as a great success.

Okay, this is the last time I'm responding to your round-and-round we go game of questions.

Example: Haiti. There would have been a civil war in Haiti without UN peacekeepers there.

so what would have you done if one was started ?
my job was to supervise the truce. If a war HAD started, I wouldn't have had a job to do, so..given the fact that I was, by charter, unarmed...I would have hopped in my jeep and driven south into Israel. I have no doubt that the fact that we were there, monitoring the border... patrolling the area of operation...making our presence felt in every little village.... noting the movements of vehicles.... those actions helped prevent war.

Bob the UN is not a military organization. They get troops from member nations to sign on to problem areas for peacekeeping purposes.
Bingo! The U.N. does not conform to most nationalists' ideas of efficiency. That's because it isn't designed for nationalistic purposes.

The UN is only a sum of its parts. Americans often forget the degree of control they have over the UN. The US has used its veto more than any other member of the UNSC.

If you don't like the actions of the UN, maybe a little introspection is needed.

Naaah Anyold, Some would like get rid of the UN thinking it's demise will cure our problems, but we are often the ones causing, contributing to, or obstructing a soloution in the UN.
After all it cant be our (USA) fault.

Back