The Women Thing

Annie

Not So Junior Member
http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewPolitics.asp?Page=/Politics/archive/200806/POL20080630a.html

Obama's for Equal Pay, Yet Pays Female Staffers Less Than Males
By Fred Lucas
CNSNews.com Staff Writer
June 30, 2008

(CNSNews.com) - While Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama has vowed to make pay equity for women a top priority if elected president, an analysis of his Senate staff shows that women are outnumbered and out-paid by men.

That is in contrast to Republican presidential candidate John McCain's Senate office, where women, for the most part, out-rank and are paid more than men...

Pay inequity exists because pay is more central to the life of a man. A woman will be loved by a man even if she makes less, hence, her relationships are not dependant on her ability to provide. Women generally will not go for men who make less than them, hence a man's relationships are dependant on his economic superiority, and therefore, he will be motivated to move on if he is not given what he wants. he is more motivated by human sociology to insist on high pay, and is more willing to move on if not duly compensated according to what the females in his life insist upon.

Too young to understand that you can learn something from people you disagree with.

And this is from the kid who just the other day stated that "apathy is death"...

A11 said "apathy is death", not me. I'm just tired. And Asshat's a sexist. I do not go over to the British National Parties website because I know exactly what I'm going to read; blatant racism. I do not read Asshat's posts because I know all I'm going to get is sexism and anti-semitism.

Well, I do not like apathy, to be honest. But 99% of the time I fall short of any high-minded philosophy I may have for the sake of convenience.

Oh wait, this isn't confession hour?

Carry on then.

Pay inequity exists because pay is more central to the life of a man. A woman will be loved by a man even if she makes less, hence, her relationships are not dependant on her ability to provide. Women generally will not go for men who make less than them, hence a man's relationships are dependant on his economic superiority, and therefore, he will be motivated to move on if he is not given what he wants. he is more motivated by human sociology to insist on high pay, and is more willing to move on if not duly compensated according to what the females in his life insist upon.

This has to be in the top three of your stupidest posts to date.

STFU and let the adults handle this? ummm kay? thanks.

A11 said "apathy is death", not me. I'm just tired. And Asshat's a sexist. I do not go over to the British National Parties website because I know exactly what I'm going to read; blatant racism. I do not read Asshat's posts because I know all I'm going to get is sexism and anti-semitism.

It's not sexist to describe why men get paid more. Women demand it. Nor it it racist to point out race based supremacism in others.

This has to be in the top three of your stupidest posts to date.

STFU and let the adults handle this? ummm kay? thanks.

I saw it yesterday, almost answered it, and then thought “why?”

I wonder why Asshat doesn't have a girlfriend?

Since these are based on averages, its pretty easy for one or two men from the category to skew the numbers.

Additionally, one the real and pressing issues women face in corporate America is an unwillingness to ask for more money and brag about themselves to their bosses. A lot of times (and I've noticed this in my personal experience too), Jane will do just as good of a job as John, however John, will be more likely to talk up his job performance and inquire about upper mobility. I tell anyone I mentor that they have to speak up!

Since these are based on averages, its pretty easy for one or two men from the category to skew the numbers.

Additionally, one the real and pressing issues women face in corporate America is an unwillingness to ask for more money and brag about themselves to their bosses. A lot of times (and I've noticed this in my personal experience too), Jane will do just as good of a job as John, however John, will be more likely to talk up his job performance and inquire about upper mobility. I tell anyone I mentor that they have to speak up!

That’s definitely the case. Men, in general, tend to find themselves to be indispensible, and are always saying so.

True. Women are not as motivated to ask and press for it because their value to their mate is not based on their income. Despite the gyny movement, the majority of women still look at men as providers and symbols of their own social status.

True. Women are not as motivated to ask and press for it because their value to their mate is not based on their income. Despite the gyny movement, the majority of women still look at men as providers and symbols of their own social status.

Didn't I tell you to SFTU already?

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

That’s definitely the case. Men, in general, tend to find themselves to be indispensible, and are always saying so.

If I may.....I consider myself somewhat of a good career coach. And that's one advice I give people above anything. Keep a log of the good stuff you do and any improvements you make and tactfully brag during your review.

Back