The Women Thing

A11 said "apathy is death", not me. I'm just tired. And Asshat's a sexist. I do not go over to the British National Parties website because I know exactly what I'm going to read; blatant racism. I do not read Asshat's posts because I know all I'm going to get is sexism and anti-semitism.
That's because you worship jewelry... and people who build boats...

How do you figure???? About $3.5 million to pay staff per Senator. What the hell do they all do?
You don't think that each Senator actually writes that legislation or reads the bills they are voting on, do you? They read reams of legislation and bullet-point it, while writing reams for other staffers to read and bullet-point. They meet with the poor lobbyists so the Senator can deal with the monied interest, and they work as 'flappers' (which book am I referencing here folks?) to keep the general unwashed public at bay.

*note, TRIVIA ALERT, a sneaky bastage went and added a trivia question in this post.

How do you figure???? About $3.5 million to pay staff per Senator. What the hell do they all do?

They do a lot. They travel, they have to have eyes and ears everywhere to help their constituents. Between IT departments, rental space, travel, and doing actual work. $3.5M for a state senator based in Chicago is reasonable.

You don't think that each Senator actually writes that legislation or reads the bills they are voting on, do you? They read reams of legislation and bullet-point it, while writing reams for other staffers to read and bullet-point. They meet with the poor lobbyists so the Senator can deal with the monied interest, and they work as 'flappers' (which book am I referencing here folks?) to keep the general unwashed public at bay.

*note, TRIVIA ALERT, a sneaky bastage went and added a trivia question in this post.

Got to love Big Government.

Got to love Big Government.

I don't think that's too unreasonable for a state senator. I can't tell if Damo was being sarcastic or not, but I thought he brought up a really good point about staffers having having to read, and cliff note legislation and they are really the ones who come up with their positions on certain issues. They cost money.

If I may.....I consider myself somewhat of a good career coach. And that's one advice I give people above anything. Keep a log of the good stuff you do and any improvements you make and tactfully brag during your review.

thats one way or you can be like me and basically tell the boss ahead of time this is what i expect and if i don't get it i will leave the department or company. end of story no bull shit career development goals.

But then again i can do that in this area with a finance/econ degree and an MBA.

thats one way or you can be like me and basically tell the boss ahead of time this is what i expect and if i don't get it i will leave the department or company. end of story no bull shit career development goals.

But then again i can do that in this area with a finance/econ degree and an MBA.

Women are too risk averse to actually walk.

That's what I did at my last job. That was a great place to be if you had no career growth aspirations. The work was easy and you weren't going anywhere.

There is not an ANSWER to it. As it's not a question. It's the reason men get paid more.

I wouldn't say it's an answer as to why men get paid more so much as it's a rationalization. It's a bogus one too. Equal work, equal pay. If a woman is expected to work at the same level of productivity and skill as a man she should be paid equally. If she's provided the same level of skill, productivity, time in service, loyalty and leadership she should be promoted on an equal basis.

I wouldn't say it's an answer as to why men get paid more so much as it's a rationalization. It's a bogus one too. Equal work, equal pay. If a woman is expected to work at the same level of productivity and skill as a man she should be paid equally. If she's provided the same level of skill, productivity, time in service, loyalty and leadership she should be promoted on an equal basis.

It's not bogus. Salaries are a negotiation, and men are MORE MOTIVATED to hold out for more, because their relationships and status depend on this one factor moreso than a woman's does. Why do men make more? Women demand it. Many (not all) women will only be with a guy who makes more. They see being with someone who makes less as "settling". It's just true and you know it.

Back