The world reacts to Obama as a possibility for president

evince

Truthmatters
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2008/06/04/international/i011854D95.DTL&tsp=1

They are very happy

"has sent out a lot of positive signals around the world."

"He has a very appealing persona — elegant, fluent, strings lots of sentences together into paragraphs," Cox said. "But in terms of (his) actual policies towards the Middle East, Iraq, Iran, China, Europe — actually, we don't know."

"Obama makes history."

"Obama waits on the threshold of history,"

"I've just watched him on television, and as a family we are very happy. Really, it is something that is a trendsetter," the politician's uncle, Said Obama, told The Associated Press from the port city of Kisumu in western Kenya.

"Bush was for the elite. Obama is of the people," she said.

The German government's coordinator on U.S. relations, Karsten Voigt, said many Germans "find (Obama's) mixture of Martin Luther King and John F. Kennedy very attractive."

"has rekindled America's faith in its prodigious powers of reinvention — and the world's admiration for America."

"He seems to be a peace lover," said Ngo Van Hung, a Vietnamese real-estate salesman. "He would have a better understanding of how to treat people of different nationalities and different countries."

Last edited:
The wright wingers conclusion from that will be that we are surrounded by communists and terrorists.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2008/06/04/international/i011854D95.DTL&tsp=1

They are very happy

"has sent out a lot of positive signals around the world."

"He has a very appealing persona — elegant, fluent, strings lots of sentences together into paragraphs," Cox said. "But in terms of (his) actual policies towards the Middle East, Iraq, Iran, China, Europe — actually, we don't know."

"Obama makes history."

"Obama waits on the threshold of history,"

"I've just watched him on television, and as a family we are very happy. Really, it is something that is a trendsetter," the politician's uncle, Said Obama, told The Associated Press from the port city of Kisumu in western Kenya.

"Bush was for the elite. Obama is of the people," she said.

The German government's coordinator on U.S. relations, Karsten Voigt, said many Germans "find (Obama's) mixture of Martin Luther King and John F. Kennedy very attractive."

"has rekindled America's faith in its prodigious powers of reinvention — and the world's admiration for America."

"He seems to be a peace lover," said Ngo Van Hung, a Vietnamese real-estate salesman. "He would have a better understanding of how to treat people of different nationalities and different countries."

I wonder if chimp reads the papers. stuff like this must kill him!

Its called perspective, often when you step outside a situation, you can see whats best for that situation better than those who have not steped outside.

I know plenty well why they do. Doesn't mean they are right and doesn't mean we have to change our system in America to appease them.

They are right about their own best interests and when the last remaining superpower starts killing countries to get their oil and using a pack of lies to do it on then nieghbors tend to not like it. It just kills me how so many cons think that other countries and us have NO common interests.

They are right about their own best interests and when the last remaining superpower starts killing countries to get their oil and using a pack of lies to do it on then nieghbors tend to not like it. It just kills me how so many cons think that other countries and us have NO common interests.

We have plenty of common interests. Not sure what gave you the idea that I would think we didn't. European countries liking Democrats goes back far before 2003.

Foreigners supporting a U.S. Democrat over a Republican. That's something new for you.

You’re starting to sound bitter! Watch out, or you will find yourself posting emo poems, and crying to the board about some girl who done you wrong.

Its called perspective, often when you step outside a situation, you can see whats best for that situation better than those who have not steped outside.

So the Europeans know what's best for America because they don't live here? Fair enough. They don't have a vote however.

Back