Theodicy, the problem of evil

Wikipedia The Free Encyclopedia

Theodicy - In the philosophy of religion, a theodicy, (/θiːˈɒdɪsi/) meaning 'vindication of God' in Greek, is an argument that attempts to resolve the problem of evil that arises when omnipotence, omnibenevolence, and omniscience are all simultaneously ascribed to God. Unlike a defence, which merely tries to demonstrate that the coexistence of God and evil is logically possible, a theodicy additionally provides a framework wherein God's existence is considered plausible.
That Christian Nation SCOTUS Rehnquist Uncle Sam I am Klues Klucks duh Klans Fourth Reich July 9/11 Nazi economics where granting standing to Federal Lynching KKK churchstate of hate fiefdom drug trafficking enforcement thieving US Constitution Bill of Rights Mengele "Angel of Death" baptize thine eyes by urinations traditions making homelessness superior to Nazi economics patriot act interpretation of "one nation under God with equal justice under law"....

Last edited:
So you invested all that time and effort in a vain attempt to prove I was supposedly plagiarizing and paraphrasing Wikipedia. How much time did you waste in your failed "gotcha!" research and artwork project? 40 minutes?

Thanks for proving that what I wrote bears no resemblance to the Wikipedia entry in sentence construction, word choice, syntax, grammer. It's written in my own words.

I have been thinking and writing about theodicy for years -->

I know, Voltaire's entire Candide was an indictment that a Judeo-Christian God did not create a perfect world free of earthquakes, muder, and house fires. Most world religions have had to address the question of theodicy.

Augustine and others gave the Christian response to the problem of theodicy.

I think the Bagavad Gita gives the Hindu perspective.

The entire Buddhist religion is based on the observation and fact of unnecessary suffering.
of suffering in the world

Here was another occasion you attempted to compose a "gotcha!" post, it blew up in your face and then you ran away from the thread -->

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/s...y-of-you-are-Christians&p=5597945#post5597945

Last edited:
So you invested all that time and effort in a vain attempt to prove I was supposedly plagiarizing and paraphrasing Wikipedia. How much time did you waste in your failed "gotcha!" research and artwork project? 40 minutes?

Thanks for proving that what I wrote bears no resemblance to the Wikipedia entry in sentence construction, word choice, syntax, grammer. It's written in my own words.

I have been thinking and writing about theodicy for years -->

Here was another occasion you attempted to compose a "gotcha!" post, it blew up in your face and then you ran away from the thread -->

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/s...y-of-you-are-Christians&p=5597945#post5597945

Sybil is another mental case and a liar through his socks. OTOH, unlike Perry, he actually believes that his socks are his friends and different people.

That one undoubtedly has multiple personality disorder!

Typical run of the national religion mill where wearing people as socks in their Christiananality pedophilia tradition schizophrenia of different people practicing Jesus saves themselves......

So you invested all that time and effort in a vain attempt to prove I was supposedly plagiarizing and paraphrasing Wikipedia.
Did I claim that you plagiarized? ... or are you falsely accusing me of claiming that you plagiarized?

I merely endeavored to show the depth of your study, and nothing more. Your threads barely reach the level of material I covered in junior high, i.e. they're stupid and definitely not for educated adults. I can see how uneducated adults might view them as invitations to roleplay thmart perthonth. I know that if anyone tries to elevate the level of discussion in one of your threads by adding stimulating commentary, you get pissy as the level of intellect required exceeds your reach and your ability to scramble for a reasonable response somewhere in Wikipedia.

Mocking you and your overestimation of your intellect is quite fun, especially when done in one of your threads. You aren't looking for intelligent discussion and you aren't looking to learn anything. You are simply looking for others to adore you, and Terry never fails to fit that bill.

How much time did you waste in your failed "gotcha!" research and artwork project? 40 minutes?
Hardly. I do graphics for relaxation. Your meme afforded me about ten to twelve minutes of relaxation. I lift a lot from the internet and I let the tools in GIMP do all the work.

By your tone, it would appear that the meme was quite successful. Thank you.

Thanks for proving that what I wrote bears no resemblance to the Wikipedia entry in sentence construction, word choice, syntax, grammer.
Thanks for confirming that you don't read for comprehension.

Btw, the word is spelled "grammar."

I have been thinking and writing about theodicy for years
Shouldn't you therefore have something much more insightful to write? All you did was present some arguments of others, not your own. You did not add to the body of knowledge in any way except for infusing errors.

43399c83173ca001ba3c172ee1027f35.jpg

IBDaMann;5749248 You did not add to the body of knowledge in any way [/QUOTE said:
That is actually really funny coming from a frantic Googler and someone who runs away from threads when their attempts at composing a "gotcha!" post blows up in their face.

You literally proved I am writing in my own words, syntax , and style. I presented both sides of the argument, and I articulated why I picked the side that made the most sense to me.

There aren't any Einsteins, Bertrand Russells, or Wittgensteins on this forum. You need to tell your shrink that you are coming to an obscure message boards to find geniuses will make original and significant contributions to advancing human knowledge. That's hilarious in an off kilter, slightly unbalanced, out of left field kinda way.

Last edited:
Given the saltydancin paradigm--the existential needs balancing against the manifestation of irrational desires--

one would subconsciously sense more than consciously imagine

that all arrived upon epiphanies and revelations can be either the reality of physical laws or

the perception of supernatural dynamics. Such is the dilemma of a universe in which overripe melons are forced to coexist with

both surgical tools and the fundamentalist acceptance of hip hop on digital media.

Given the saltydancin paradigm--the existential needs balancing against the manifestation of irrational desires--

that all arrived upon epiphanies and revelations can be either the reality of physical laws or

the perception of supernatural dynamics. Such is the dilemma of a universe in which overripe melons are forced to coexist with

both surgical tools and the fundamentalist acceptance of hip hop on digital media.

As there seems to be no discernable supernatural dynamics of the Christiananality pedophilia practice of Islamidiotocracy "death to the infidels" as this Christain Nation SCOTUS Rehnquist Fourth Reich July 9/11 diatribe Washington, D.C. born USA citizens are Islam based on the dilemma of an Islam human reproduction medical pseudoscience virgin Mary immaculate son of Allah Jesus the Christ conception & McHeil's Navy thieving US Constitution Bill of Rights arsonists Federal Lynching KKK churchstate of hate fiefdom drug trafficking enforcement theodicy evil is survival of the fittest fascists national religion as "one nation under God with equal justice under law"....

I won't be able to watch a 52 minute video, but I always like reading about what prominent physicists and astronomers think about gode
You'll watch. You want to be told what to believe. It's not like you'll be calling boooolsch't on anything. Instead, you'll be reciting passages in the same manner as fundamentalist Christians reciting passages from the Bible.

Did you catch Hawking's use of the Marxist "we" in saying "We believe [insert claims about the universe]"? He did not offer any reason for belief in many of the claims, and you will not be demanding any because you are in "parrot" mode. Did you catch Sagan's avoidance of all mention that his speculations are merely his beliefs, while fully implying that his speculations are thettled thienth? Sagan is desperate for attention and recognition. You don't care, do you? You're in full "parrot" mode. There won't be any independent thought coming from you.

The individuals on that panel are fortunate that there was no one like me there to cross-examine them and upset the rhythm of the propaganda.

2b35e207368e06a2bfedb331e62d9ad7.jpg

The fundamental transformation of America from Christiananality pedophilia to Islamidiotocracy as Christian Nation SCOTUS Rehnquist fabricated Washington, D,C. born USA citizens are Islam where Federal Lynching KKK churchstate of hate fiefdom drug trafficking enforcement organized Islam human reproduction medical pseudoscience virgin Mary immaculate son of Allah conception Fourth Reich July 9/11 as "one nation under God with equal justice under law" normal...."serve the Pope or die" Islamidiotocracy "death to the infidels" more perfect union....

no....they come down to atheists starting threads attacking what Christians believe.......I've never seen a thread here started by a Christian trying to prove God exists.....

Cypress seems petrified that when he finally figures out Jesus is YHWH incarnate ! That he won't be impressed with the name dropping that is Cypress's claim to fame.

Did I claim that you plagiarized? ... or are you falsely accusing me of claiming that you plagiarized?

I merely endeavored to show the depth of your study, and nothing more. Your threads barely reach the level of material I covered in junior high, i.e. they're stupid and definitely not for educated adults. I can see how uneducated adults might view them as invitations to roleplay thmart perthonth. I know that if anyone tries to elevate the level of discussion in one of your threads by adding stimulating commentary, you get pissy as the level of intellect required exceeds your reach and your ability to scramble for a reasonable response somewhere in Wikipedia.

Mocking you and your overestimation of your intellect is quite fun, especially when done in one of your threads. You aren't looking for intelligent discussion and you aren't looking to learn anything. You are simply looking for others to adore you, and Terry never fails to fit that bill.

Hardly. I do graphics for relaxation. Your meme afforded me about ten to twelve minutes of relaxation. I lift a lot from the internet and I let the tools in GIMP do all the work.

By your tone, it would appear that the meme was quite successful. Thank you.

Thanks for confirming that you don't read for comprehension.

Btw, the word is spelled "grammar."

Shouldn't you therefore have something much more insightful to write? All you did was present some arguments of others, not your own. You did not add to the body of knowledge in any way except for infusing errors.

43399c83173ca001ba3c172ee1027f35.jpg

Cypress has no views of his own,he gets his nut,dropping names! If you press him for his views,what he believes ,he blocks you!
I have never seen such a mind so filled with contradictory thoughts!

As there seems to be no discernable supernatural dynamics of the Christiananality pedophilia practice of Islamidiotocracy "death to the infidels" as this Christain Nation SCOTUS Rehnquist Fourth Reich July 9/11 diatribe Washington, D.C. born USA citizens are Islam based on the dilemma of an Islam human reproduction medical pseudoscience virgin Mary immaculate son of Allah Jesus the Christ conception & McHeil's Navy thieving US Constitution Bill of Rights arsonists Federal Lynching KKK churchstate of hate fiefdom drug trafficking enforcement theodicy evil is survival of the fittest fascists national religion as "one nation under God with equal justice under law"....

Depends how you look at it, really.

Right. Saltydancin and IBdaman show up at same time. Outed.

I'm torn....on one hand, AI posts used to be Grind's favorite way to pass an idle hour.....but I don't think he pays that much attention to JPP now that he has graduated and has to work for a living.....Legion is probably a better guess.....but I wouldn't discount the possibility of both salty and IB being legion simultaneously with his other persona here.......

I'm torn....on one hand, AI posts used to be Grind's favorite way to pass an idle hour.....but I don't think he pays that much attention to JPP now that he has graduated and has to work for a living.....Legion is probably a better guess.....but I wouldn't discount the possibility of both salty and IB being legion simultaneously with his other persona here.......

Salty doesn't appear to be using full AI. More like "markov chain text generators" like a version of autocomplete on the phone. If it were real AI I would think they would be more coherent.

Back