There are no Red States. Only Red farms.

I don't have Geek's diverse background, having never lived in a rural area, or even a suburban one for very long,
but we have racists in the navy blue cities as well.
There were plenty of Italians in my neighborhood as a young boy who referred to blacks as "eggplants" in Italian.
Not in my own family, but it wasn't uncommon.
It was a different kind of racism, though.
It was less a matter of disliking the race than disliking the jive.
We disliked white hicks, too.
If you were a black surgeon at Mass General, nobody had a bad thing to say about you.
Not saying that that was right, either.
Just a different kind of racism.

I have never felt I had a reason to ever lie about anything! Sir, I just tell the truth, because the Truth is usually bad enough already!

I am actually proud to be who I am, and no one like you will ever change that about me!

And what makes me so proud is that I do not have to live any lies, and I can just be who I am.

"my family said nigger a lot....."

stop lying.

"my family said nigger a lot....."

stop lying.

That does strike an element of truth, as my dad once referred to Blacks as Nigger-O's. And I can remember by Grandmother referring to Blacks as Nigras!

But, I also remember how they dropped those racial terms in the 60's and just referred to them as Black People from then on.

Me, since I was about 10, I just look at all men as men, and I do not actually see a color, I just see men.

Thanks!

That does strike an element of truth, as my dad once referred to Blacks as Nigger-O's. And I can remember by Grandmother referring to Blacks as Nigras!

But, I also remember how they dropped those racial terms in the 60's and just referred to them as Black People from then on.

Me, since I was about 10, I just look at all men as men, and I do not actually see a color, I just see men.

Thanks!

so you have a visual disorder then?

Back