They’re Voting for Trump to ‘Save Democracy’

Jack MacGuire sounds like a made-up travel consultant. Texas does not have voter registration by party. There is no such think as a Registered Republican, Democrat, or independent.

General Affiliation Questions​

1. How does party affiliation work in Texas?

In Texas, there are several main ways for a voter to affiliate with a party: by being accepted to vote in a party’s primary election, by taking the required oath at a party precinct convention, or by taking a party oath of affiliation generally (§§162.003, 162.006, 162.007). A voter’s affiliation with a party automatically expires at the end of each calendar year, which is December 31. (§162.010). A voter who has affiliated themselves with a party is ineligible to participate in the party affairs of another party during the same calendar year. (§§162.012, 162.013).

If a voter has not voted in a party primary or taken an oath of affiliation with a party this calendar year, they have not yet affiliated with any party. If a voter has not yet affiliated with a party, they are able to vote in either party’s primary election. However, if a voter votes in the primary of one party, they will only be able to vote in that party’s primary runoff election. (§§162.012, 162.013). After being affiliated with a party, a voter is not able to change or cancel their party affiliation until the end of the calendar year. (§162.010).

2. Do I have to register or affiliate with a party before I vote in the primary?

No. A registered voter is not required to pre-register or take any steps towards affiliating themselves with a party before voting in a party’s primary election. (§162.003). Additionally, when a person registers to vote in Texas, they do not register with any kind of party affiliation.

3. Does a voter have to vote in the general primary election in order to vote in a primary runoff election?

No. Section 11.001 of the Texas Election Code prescribes the specific qualifications necessary in order to vote in a Texas election. There is no requirement to have previously voted in the general primary election in order to participate in the subsequent primary runoff election. Therefore, if a qualified voter did not vote in the general primary election, they are still eligible to vote in the primary runoff election.

4. If I have voted for one party in a prior calendar year, do I have to vote in the same partys primary this year?

No. A voter’s party affiliation ends at the end of each calendar year. Affiliation with a party in a prior year does not affect what primary an unaffiliated voter can vote in this year. (§162.010).
  5. How can I change my party affiliation?

After affiliating with a party by voting in a party’s primary or by taking an oath of affiliation with a party, a voter cannot change their party affiliation during the calendar year. (§162.010). However, affiliation will automatically expire at the end of the calendar year.

6. What if I signed a petition for a candidate for a place on the primary ballot?

If a voter signed a candidate’s petition for a place on the primary ballot, that voter is only able to vote in the primary, or participate in the convention, of that candidate’s party during the voting year in which the primary election is held. For example, if a voter signed a Democratic candidate’s petition, that voter is ineligible to vote in the Republican primary or participate in a minor party convention. (§172.026).

7. If I signed a petition for a candidate for nomination in the Libertarian Party or Green Party, can I still vote in a primary election?

No. If a voter signed a candidate’s petition for nomination for the Libertarian Party or Green Party, that voter is ineligible to vote in a primary election or participate in the convention of a different party during the voting year in which the primary election is held. (§§172.026, 141.041).

This post is laughable.
Really

Following Trump's guilty verdict, first swing state poll reveals how it impacts voters' decisions​

The first major swing state poll following former President Trump's guilty verdict in his New York City trial last week revealed a solid lead for one candidate just five months ahead of the November general election.

Georgia voters favor Trump over Biden 49% to 44% in a head-to-head matchup, according to the Quinnipiac University poll released Wednesday, which was taken following the former president's highly publicized and intensely scrutinized conviction on 34 counts of falsifying business records.

Trump's lead over Biden grew to a six-point spread (43%-37%) with the inclusion of independent presidential candidates Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. (8%) and Cornel West (3%), as well as the Libertarian Party's Chase Oliver (3%) and the Green Party's Jill Stein (2%).

Fifty percent said they agreed with the guilty verdict against Trump, while 44% said they disagreed. However, a whopping 54% said the verdict will have no effect on their vote, and 23% said it will make them more likely to vote for the former president. Just 22%, made up mostly of Democrats, said it would make them less likely to vote for Trump.

I think u guys fucked up

Man, can you Maga mooks shovel it!

So ALL the folks and you are in favor of a Stasi type gov't that has neighbors informing on neighbors, medical staff informing on patients and each other, arresting and then forcing a woman or minor impregnated by rape or incest to bring it to term. If that woman/child goes to another state to have an abortion, they will be arrested upon return, jailed and tried. Any doctor, friend, family that helps them will face criminal charges.

This is what the current MAGA GOP call "democracy".

You people disgust me.

Last Thursday, Donald Trump became the first president in U.S. history to be convicted of a felony.

As the news broke, cheers reportedly erupted in President Joe Biden’s campaign headquarters. Within minutes, Biden had swooped in for donations on social media: “There’s only one way to keep Donald Trump out of the Oval Office: At the ballot box,” he wrote on X. “Donate to our campaign today.”

But many Americans had a different impression of the Trump verdict: that his conviction was proof of corruption, not justice. And while a snap poll showed that 54 percent of registered voters “strongly” or “somewhat” approved of the guilty verdict, more than a third of voters said they “strongly” or “somewhat” disapproved.

Meanwhile, as media analysts were busy celebrating the verdict, with ABC’s chief White House correspondent calling it a “political gift to Democrats,” searches for “donate to Trump” spiked on Google. So many people were rushing to Trump’s fundraising page that the site temporarily crashed. By the next morning, his campaign announced that nearly $35 million had poured in overnight—almost 30 percent of which appeared to come from first-time Trump donors. By late Friday, the campaign stated that the total had climbed to nearly $53 million.

Who are these sudden supporters? We wanted to find out. Here, seven people tell us how they made the journey from Never Trump to Trump Now.

Shaun Maguire: “The Republican Party is less of a danger to democracy than the Democratic Party right now.”

Maguire, 38, is a Los Angeles–based partner at Sequoia, one of the most well-known venture capital firms in the country. He previously worked at Google, but left in 2019 when he says the company became too “woke.” The married father of two says he’s never voted for a Republican presidential candidate before. In 2016, he donated to Hillary Clinton’s campaign. But within an hour after Thursday’s news, Maguire posted on X that he’d donated $300,000 to Trump—a candidate he says once made him feel “deathly afraid.”...
Kate Nitti: “I feel the need to send a message to the Democrats.”

Kate Nitti, 40, is a marketing consultant and a married mother of two now living in New Jersey. A lifelong Democrat, she said she voted solely for her party’s representatives for more than twenty years when she still lived in Brooklyn. But then, in 2021, she marked her ballot for a Republican for the first time—Curtis Sliwa, the GOP candidate for NYC mayor—to protest how Democrats had “abused their power” during Covid with school lockdowns, and vaccine and mask mandates for kids. ....

Jack MacGuire: “I’m all in with the MAGA people, because this has to end.”

MacGuire, 48, a travel consultant in Houston, Texas, “couldn’t stand Trump” so much that he actually changed his voter registration from Republican to independent in 2016. He voted for Hillary Clinton that year, who he picked because he felt she would bring “continuity and competence” to the country and because she was “the lesser of two evils.” In 2020, MacGuire didn’t vote at all because he felt “disillusioned.” ...

Emery Barter: “Trump doesn’t scare me.”

Barter, 40, a guitar instructor and recording engineer in Oakland, California, is a lifelong Democrat, having canvassed for Hillary Clinton in 2016 and cast his ballot for Biden last time around. But he started questioning his allegiance to the Democratic Party when he said “hyper-progressive policies” encouraged by left-wing District Attorney Pamela Price—including defunding the city’s police force—actually led to a crime wave in Oakland. “Trump Derangement Syndrome,” he said, has made people blind to threats within their own camps. The last five years have also made him question the media narrative on various issues....

Adam Mortara: “It’s a danger to America if Joe Biden wins the election.”

Back in 2016, Mortara, a lecturer at the University of Chicago Law School, was more of a Rubio or Cruz guy. “I thought Trump was a wild card, not all that conservative,” said Mortara, 49, who lives in Nashville, Tennessee, with his family. During Trump’s term, he found himself “pretty pleased” with the then-president’s isolationist politics and economic performance, but even so, in 2020, he decided not to vote because he felt his vote wouldn’t matter. Now, he tells The Free Press, the recent verdict has pushed him to not just vote for Trump this November, but to donate $3,300 to his campaign....

Daniel Kotzin: “I don’t want better experts. I want no experts.”

Kotzin, 54, lives in Denver, Colorado, with his wife Jennifer Sey, the former brand president at Levi Strauss, and their two kids. A stay-at-home dad and a former attorney, he’s a lifelong Democrat who voted for Obama twice and also worked for his campaign. In 2016, he also voted for Hillary Clinton. But during the pandemic, he became adamantly opposed to the lockdowns and considered voting for Trump in 2020, but instead went with the Libertarian Party due to the then-president’s vaccine push. But after the verdict came through Thursday, he has no doubt: he’ll be voting for Trump come November.....

Eric Brakey: “Democrats don’t preserve democracy.”

Brakey, 35, is a state senator in Maine who calls himself a “Ron Paul Republican” and has voted for the Libertarian candidate in both of the last presidential elections. Until Trump’s conviction, he says he was “undecided,” flirting with a vote for Robert F. Kennedy Jr. this November. But after a colleague blurted out news of the verdict in the middle of a conference call, he said it hit him that “a clear principle” was at stake: “The principle is that the people get to choose our president.”

On Friday morning, he donated to Trump’s campaign.

On the campaign trail, Biden has often warned voters that “democracy is on the line.” But Brakey told The Free Press that the recent verdict is “a very blatant attack on democracy itself.”

“Democrats don’t preserve democracy,” said Brakey. “They’re afraid that the people, when presented a democratic choice, will not vote for them.”

He added: “Democracy is when the people decide.”

=====================================

This corruption of our legal system was a HUGE mistake for the Democrats. It is blowing back on the Democrats in increased donations and voters to the Republican party. My older brother is a never Trumper he has voted Libertarian in 2016 and 2020. He knew it was a protest vote but this year he thinks his vote will make a bigger protest by voting for Trump. He HATES what the Democrats did by using a corrupt judge.
Blah.

Blah.

Blah.

So ALL the folks and you are in favor of a Stasi type gov't that has neighbors informing on neighbors, medical staff informing on patients and each other, arresting and then forcing a woman or minor impregnated by rape or incest to bring it to term. If that woman/child goes to another state to have an abortion, they will be arrested upon return, jailed and tried. Any doctor, friend, family that helps them will face criminal charges.

You people disgust me.
You should take your anti-paranoia medication.

You people disgust me.

Really

Following Trump's guilty verdict, first swing state poll reveals how it impacts voters' decisions​

The first major swing state poll following former President Trump's guilty verdict in his New York City trial last week revealed a solid lead for one candidate just five months ahead of the November general election.

Georgia voters favor Trump over Biden 49% to 44% in a head-to-head matchup, according to the Quinnipiac University poll released Wednesday, which was taken following the former president's highly publicized and intensely scrutinized conviction on 34 counts of falsifying business records.

Trump's lead over Biden grew to a six-point spread (43%-37%) with the inclusion of independent presidential candidates Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. (8%) and Cornel West (3%), as well as the Libertarian Party's Chase Oliver (3%) and the Green Party's Jill Stein (2%).

Fifty percent said they agreed with the guilty verdict against Trump, while 44% said they disagreed. However, a whopping 54% said the verdict will have no effect on their vote, and 23% said it will make them more likely to vote for the former president. Just 22%, made up mostly of Democrats, said it would make them less likely to vote for Trump.

I think u guys fucked up
This sounds like something that Breitbart would publish.

Last Thursday, Donald Trump became the first president in U.S. history to be convicted of a felony.

As the news broke, cheers reportedly erupted in President Joe Biden’s campaign headquarters. Within minutes, Biden had swooped in for donations on social media: “There’s only one way to keep Donald Trump out of the Oval Office: At the ballot box,” he wrote on X. “Donate to our campaign today.”

But many Americans had a different impression of the Trump verdict: that his conviction was proof of corruption, not justice. And while a snap poll showed that 54 percent of registered voters “strongly” or “somewhat” approved of the guilty verdict, more than a third of voters said they “strongly” or “somewhat” disapproved.

Meanwhile, as media analysts were busy celebrating the verdict, with ABC’s chief White House correspondent calling it a “political gift to Democrats,” searches for “donate to Trump” spiked on Google. So many people were rushing to Trump’s fundraising page that the site temporarily crashed. By the next morning, his campaign announced that nearly $35 million had poured in overnight—almost 30 percent of which appeared to come from first-time Trump donors. By late Friday, the campaign stated that the total had climbed to nearly $53 million.

Who are these sudden supporters? We wanted to find out. Here, seven people tell us how they made the journey from Never Trump to Trump Now.

Shaun Maguire: “The Republican Party is less of a danger to democracy than the Democratic Party right now.”

Maguire, 38, is a Los Angeles–based partner at Sequoia, one of the most well-known venture capital firms in the country. He previously worked at Google, but left in 2019 when he says the company became too “woke.” The married father of two says he’s never voted for a Republican presidential candidate before. In 2016, he donated to Hillary Clinton’s campaign. But within an hour after Thursday’s news, Maguire posted on X that he’d donated $300,000 to Trump—a candidate he says once made him feel “deathly afraid.”...
Kate Nitti: “I feel the need to send a message to the Democrats.”

Kate Nitti, 40, is a marketing consultant and a married mother of two now living in New Jersey. A lifelong Democrat, she said she voted solely for her party’s representatives for more than twenty years when she still lived in Brooklyn. But then, in 2021, she marked her ballot for a Republican for the first time—Curtis Sliwa, the GOP candidate for NYC mayor—to protest how Democrats had “abused their power” during Covid with school lockdowns, and vaccine and mask mandates for kids. ....

Jack MacGuire: “I’m all in with the MAGA people, because this has to end.”

MacGuire, 48, a travel consultant in Houston, Texas, “couldn’t stand Trump” so much that he actually changed his voter registration from Republican to independent in 2016. He voted for Hillary Clinton that year, who he picked because he felt she would bring “continuity and competence” to the country and because she was “the lesser of two evils.” In 2020, MacGuire didn’t vote at all because he felt “disillusioned.” ...

Emery Barter: “Trump doesn’t scare me.”

Barter, 40, a guitar instructor and recording engineer in Oakland, California, is a lifelong Democrat, having canvassed for Hillary Clinton in 2016 and cast his ballot for Biden last time around. But he started questioning his allegiance to the Democratic Party when he said “hyper-progressive policies” encouraged by left-wing District Attorney Pamela Price—including defunding the city’s police force—actually led to a crime wave in Oakland. “Trump Derangement Syndrome,” he said, has made people blind to threats within their own camps. The last five years have also made him question the media narrative on various issues....

Adam Mortara: “It’s a danger to America if Joe Biden wins the election.”

Back in 2016, Mortara, a lecturer at the University of Chicago Law School, was more of a Rubio or Cruz guy. “I thought Trump was a wild card, not all that conservative,” said Mortara, 49, who lives in Nashville, Tennessee, with his family. During Trump’s term, he found himself “pretty pleased” with the then-president’s isolationist politics and economic performance, but even so, in 2020, he decided not to vote because he felt his vote wouldn’t matter. Now, he tells The Free Press, the recent verdict has pushed him to not just vote for Trump this November, but to donate $3,300 to his campaign....

Daniel Kotzin: “I don’t want better experts. I want no experts.”

Kotzin, 54, lives in Denver, Colorado, with his wife Jennifer Sey, the former brand president at Levi Strauss, and their two kids. A stay-at-home dad and a former attorney, he’s a lifelong Democrat who voted for Obama twice and also worked for his campaign. In 2016, he also voted for Hillary Clinton. But during the pandemic, he became adamantly opposed to the lockdowns and considered voting for Trump in 2020, but instead went with the Libertarian Party due to the then-president’s vaccine push. But after the verdict came through Thursday, he has no doubt: he’ll be voting for Trump come November.....

Eric Brakey: “Democrats don’t preserve democracy.”

Brakey, 35, is a state senator in Maine who calls himself a “Ron Paul Republican” and has voted for the Libertarian candidate in both of the last presidential elections. Until Trump’s conviction, he says he was “undecided,” flirting with a vote for Robert F. Kennedy Jr. this November. But after a colleague blurted out news of the verdict in the middle of a conference call, he said it hit him that “a clear principle” was at stake: “The principle is that the people get to choose our president.”

On Friday morning, he donated to Trump’s campaign.

On the campaign trail, Biden has often warned voters that “democracy is on the line.” But Brakey told The Free Press that the recent verdict is “a very blatant attack on democracy itself.”

“Democrats don’t preserve democracy,” said Brakey. “They’re afraid that the people, when presented a democratic choice, will not vote for them.”

He added: “Democracy is when the people decide.”

=====================================

This corruption of our legal system was a HUGE mistake for the Democrats. It is blowing back on the Democrats in increased donations and voters to the Republican party. My older brother is a never Trumper he has voted Libertarian in 2016 and 2020. He knew it was a protest vote but this year he thinks his vote will make a bigger protest by voting for Trump. He HATES what the Democrats did by using a corrupt judge.
Voting for Trump to Save Democracy is like voting for Hitler to Save Democracy; voting for Saddam Hussein to Save Democracy; voting for Muammar Gaddafi to Save Democracy; voting for Stalin to Save Democracy; voting for Mao, Pol Pot; or Kim JongUn to Save Democracy.

You people are fucking nuts!

General Affiliation Questions​

1. How does party affiliation work in Texas?

In Texas, there are several main ways for a voter to affiliate with a party: by being accepted to vote in a party’s primary election, by taking the required oath at a party precinct convention, or by taking a party oath of affiliation generally (§§162.003, 162.006, 162.007). A voter’s affiliation with a party automatically expires at the end of each calendar year, which is December 31. (§162.010). A voter who has affiliated themselves with a party is ineligible to participate in the party affairs of another party during the same calendar year. (§§162.012, 162.013).

If a voter has not voted in a party primary or taken an oath of affiliation with a party this calendar year, they have not yet affiliated with any party. If a voter has not yet affiliated with a party, they are able to vote in either party’s primary election. However, if a voter votes in the primary of one party, they will only be able to vote in that party’s primary runoff election. (§§162.012, 162.013). After being affiliated with a party, a voter is not able to change or cancel their party affiliation until the end of the calendar year. (§162.010).

2. Do I have to register or affiliate with a party before I vote in the primary?

No. A registered voter is not required to pre-register or take any steps towards affiliating themselves with a party before voting in a party’s primary election. (§162.003). Additionally, when a person registers to vote in Texas, they do not register with any kind of party affiliation.

3. Does a voter have to vote in the general primary election in order to vote in a primary runoff election?

No. Section 11.001 of the Texas Election Code prescribes the specific qualifications necessary in order to vote in a Texas election. There is no requirement to have previously voted in the general primary election in order to participate in the subsequent primary runoff election. Therefore, if a qualified voter did not vote in the general primary election, they are still eligible to vote in the primary runoff election.

4. If I have voted for one party in a prior calendar year, do I have to vote in the same partys primary this year?

No. A voter’s party affiliation ends at the end of each calendar year. Affiliation with a party in a prior year does not affect what primary an unaffiliated voter can vote in this year. (§162.010).
  5. How can I change my party affiliation?

After affiliating with a party by voting in a party’s primary or by taking an oath of affiliation with a party, a voter cannot change their party affiliation during the calendar year. (§162.010). However, affiliation will automatically expire at the end of the calendar year.

6. What if I signed a petition for a candidate for a place on the primary ballot?

If a voter signed a candidate’s petition for a place on the primary ballot, that voter is only able to vote in the primary, or participate in the convention, of that candidate’s party during the voting year in which the primary election is held. For example, if a voter signed a Democratic candidate’s petition, that voter is ineligible to vote in the Republican primary or participate in a minor party convention. (§172.026).

7. If I signed a petition for a candidate for nomination in the Libertarian Party or Green Party, can I still vote in a primary election?

No. If a voter signed a candidate’s petition for nomination for the Libertarian Party or Green Party, that voter is ineligible to vote in a primary election or participate in the convention of a different party during the voting year in which the primary election is held. (§§172.026, 141.041).
Exactly what I said. There is no such thing as a registered Democrat, Republican, or independent in Texas. Any registered voter can vote in the Democratic or Republican primary in any year.

We aren't telling them what the can do with their bodies we are telling them what they cannot do with someone elses body. Question : Are you OK with a woman terminating the life of her unborn infant one week before its term due date?
Oh, but you ARE telling women what they can do with their bodies when you legislate that she can't terminate her pregnancy for any reason before the fetus becomes viable.

And yes, if there is the possibility of the woman dying while giving birth, due to some problem with the fetus, then I am fine with her terminating the pregnancy.

Trump leads Biden 47% to 46%, according to the Times/Siena survey that found Trump has lost one point and Biden has gained one among the same group of 2,000 voters polled in April and May, before Trump was convicted last Thursday by a Manhattan jury of 34 felony counts of falsifying business records.

One percent polling point, my pointy hooded friend. That's the latest lead. Good luck wishing it'll get better for Cheeto Jeezus.
So again
you are in favor of a Stasi type gov't that has neighbors informing on neighbors, medical staff informing on patients and each other, arresting and then forcing a woman or minor impregnated by rape or incest to bring it to term. If that woman/child goes to another state to have an abortion, they will be arrested upon return, jailed and tried. Any doctor, friend, family that helps them will face criminal charges.

You people disgust me.

Oh, but you ARE telling women what they can do with their bodies when you legislate that she can't terminate her pregnancy for any reason before the fetus becomes viable.

And yes, if there is the possibility of the woman dying while giving birth, due to some problem with the fetus, then I am fine with her terminating the pregnancy.
What if she just decides she does not want to parent the child because she and the father have split.

If you didn’t already know Trump and Trumpers give not a shit about democracy their sliming of the 2020 election because they lost should have informed you, informed you clearly.

If you didn’t already know Trump and Trumpers give not a shit about democracy their sliming of the 2020 election because they lost should have informed you, informed you clearly.
Biden LIED to the public about Hunter's laptop during the pResidential debate and had the FBI which knew it belonged to Hunter coerce social media to suppress the laptop story.

Back