They’re Voting for Trump to ‘Save Democracy’

Bananas shouldn't be asked to drive cars.
After 5 years you still think the laptop is a story? It has been in the hands of crazy Trumps, including Giuliani. You try convincing a court that all those years of right wing control makes it a good piece of evidence.

General Affiliation Questions​

1. How does party affiliation work in Texas?

In Texas, there are several main ways for a voter to affiliate with a party: by being accepted to vote in a party’s primary election, by taking the required oath at a party precinct convention, or by taking a party oath of affiliation generally (§§162.003, 162.006, 162.007). A voter’s affiliation with a party automatically expires at the end of each calendar year, which is December 31. (§162.010). A voter who has affiliated themselves with a party is ineligible to participate in the party affairs of another party during the same calendar year. (§§162.012, 162.013).

If a voter has not voted in a party primary or taken an oath of affiliation with a party this calendar year, they have not yet affiliated with any party. If a voter has not yet affiliated with a party, they are able to vote in either party’s primary election. However, if a voter votes in the primary of one party, they will only be able to vote in that party’s primary runoff election. (§§162.012, 162.013). After being affiliated with a party, a voter is not able to change or cancel their party affiliation until the end of the calendar year. (§162.010).

2. Do I have to register or affiliate with a party before I vote in the primary?

No. A registered voter is not required to pre-register or take any steps towards affiliating themselves with a party before voting in a party’s primary election. (§162.003). Additionally, when a person registers to vote in Texas, they do not register with any kind of party affiliation.

3. Does a voter have to vote in the general primary election in order to vote in a primary runoff election?

No. Section 11.001 of the Texas Election Code prescribes the specific qualifications necessary in order to vote in a Texas election. There is no requirement to have previously voted in the general primary election in order to participate in the subsequent primary runoff election. Therefore, if a qualified voter did not vote in the general primary election, they are still eligible to vote in the primary runoff election.

4. If I have voted for one party in a prior calendar year, do I have to vote in the same partys primary this year?

No. A voter’s party affiliation ends at the end of each calendar year. Affiliation with a party in a prior year does not affect what primary an unaffiliated voter can vote in this year. (§162.010).
  5. How can I change my party affiliation?

After affiliating with a party by voting in a party’s primary or by taking an oath of affiliation with a party, a voter cannot change their party affiliation during the calendar year. (§162.010). However, affiliation will automatically expire at the end of the calendar year.

6. What if I signed a petition for a candidate for a place on the primary ballot?

If a voter signed a candidate’s petition for a place on the primary ballot, that voter is only able to vote in the primary, or participate in the convention, of that candidate’s party during the voting year in which the primary election is held. For example, if a voter signed a Democratic candidate’s petition, that voter is ineligible to vote in the Republican primary or participate in a minor party convention. (§172.026).

7. If I signed a petition for a candidate for nomination in the Libertarian Party or Green Party, can I still vote in a primary election?

No. If a voter signed a candidate’s petition for nomination for the Libertarian Party or Green Party, that voter is ineligible to vote in a primary election or participate in the convention of a different party during the voting year in which the primary election is held. (§§172.026, 141.041).
You do realize this proves that at least one person in your original post is lying since there is no Independent party primary so there is no way for anyone to change their party registration to Independent in Texas as was claimed.

After 5 years you still think the laptop is a story? It has been in the hands of crazy Trumps, including Giuliani. You try convincing a court that all those years of right wing control makes it a good piece of evidence.
The laptop is a story only about the need of Trumpers to find dirt where there isn't any ...but you may have replied to the wrong member.

Translation: I know I should take my anti-paranoia medication.
:rolleyes: Since you're speaking English, why would you have to "translate" telling us that you need to take your meds?

You're not "translating" anything, genius. You're making a declarative sentence. THINK next time before your fingers hit the keys.

The FBI said it was always real you moron. The DOJ is using it a evidence in Hunter's trial. Biden LIED to the American public in the debate and you bought it. :laugh:

What if she just decides she does not want to parent the child because she and the father have split.
So WTF is it to you? You christo-fascist freaks would be the first to wail like stuck pigs if as a single parent she partakes in any public assistance program. Hell, you clowns in your MAGA mook guise all vote to defund such programs across the board.

So again, since NO ONE is asking you or yours to do a damned thing, MYOFB!

Did you not read post #21
Clearly you didn't read it. There is no way under Texas law to change your party affiliation. The law actually says you can't change your party affiliation in the same year you declare one. Then your party affiliation is cancelled by the state at the end of each year leaving you with no affiliation until you declare one again. There is no way for anyone to change their party affiliation from one party to independent since there is no such thing as independent under Texas law. There are only people that haven't declared an affiliation to a party for a given year.

So WTF is it to you? You christo-fascist freaks would be the first to wail like stuck pigs if as a single parent she partakes in any public assistance program. Hell, you clowns in your MAGA mook guise all vote to defund such programs across the board.

So again, since NO ONE is asking you or yours to do a damned thing, MYOFB!
Actually I have called for helping mothers that choose life and give up their child for adoption. So STFU you chronic liar.

You do realize this proves that at least one person in your original post is lying since there is no Independent party primary so there is no way for anyone to change their party registration to Independent in Texas as was claimed.
I see nothing inconsistent between the OP and post 21......be specfic about what you are confused about.......

Clearly you didn't read it. There is no way under Texas law to change your party affiliation. The law actually says you can't change your party affiliation in the same year you declare one. Then your party affiliation is cancelled by the state at the end of each year leaving you with no affiliation until you declare one again. There is no way for anyone to change their party affiliation from one party to independent since there is no such thing as independent under Texas law. There are only people that haven't declared an affiliation to a party for a given year.
In Texas, there are several main ways for a voter to affiliate with a party: by being accepted to vote in a party’s primary election, by taking the required oath at a party precinct convention, or by taking a party oath of affiliation generally (§§162.003, 162.006, 162.007). A voter’s affiliation with a party automatically expires at the end of each calendar year, which is December 31. (§162.010). A voter who has affiliated themselves with a party is ineligible to participate in the party affairs of another party during the same calendar year. (§§162.012, 162.013).

So once a person has affiliated with a party you think there is no way to ever change that affiliation? Really?....:rofl2:

How do you change your voter registration to Independent in Texas?
Go read the OP and see where one person claimed they changed their voter registration that way.
You let your registration expire and change it to another party.

After affiliating with a party by voting in a party’s primary or by taking an oath of affiliation with a party, a voter cannot change their party affiliation during the calendar year. (§162.010). However, affiliation will automatically expire at the end of the calendar year.

and wouldn't a person who has not chosen to affiliate with a party BE an independent whether or not there is an "independent party"?......
They could consider themselves independent but they have not changed their voter registration to independent.
MacGuire, 48, a travel consultant in Houston, Texas, “couldn’t stand Trump” so much that he actually changed his voter registration from Republican to independent in 2016.

Under Texas law someone that is not affiliated with a party does not have an independent voter registration. According to Texas law anyone that is affiliated with a party cannot change that registration for the rest of the year. That affiliation expires on Dec 31. If we accept your argument that someone can register as an independent than no one could affiliate themselves with the Republicans or the Democrats since all persons in Texas would be independent on Jan 1. No one needs to change their registration to independent. No one can actually register as independent.

Back