This is very disturbing...

The teacher who put this on YouTube has been suspended. It wasn't considered "wrong" to be doing this in a public school, it was "wrong" to put it on the internet, apparently.

This is scary to me. Reminiscent of Fidel Castro and Hitler just before they came to power. This is what our tax dollars are being spent on in MIDDLE SCHOOL, folks!

Of course to those of weak minds.

Well, aside from the indoctrination and the militaristic chanting for Obama by middle school students, in a tax payer-funded school, what is disturbing is, they suspended the teacher for exposing it to the rest of the world.

Listen, I am devoutly Conservative, I wish we could indoctrinate every student with the principles of Conservatism, but I bet you'd have a real problem if these kids were chanting for McCain or Palin. Our schools are no place for partisan political brainwashing, and that is exactly what is going on here.

This is funny. We had a 300 post thread on this board over whether a kid should have to stand up in class to say the pledge of allegiance. But kids being forced to chant for a presidential candidate is cool with citizen. And middle school kids have 'weak minds' if they let this effect them? I'm sure those with kids middle school age will tell us their kids think they know everything but most people living in the real world realize kids don't know everything at ages 12 - 15.

It was completely improper. I would not like it if they were chanting Obama, McCain or Ron Paul ( hey look Damo he was mentioned again). We should ALL be upset with this and the teacher should be looking for a job already. Preferably doing something that does not involve children.

It was completely improper. I would not like it if they were chanting Obama, McCain or Ron Paul ( hey look Damo he was mentioned again). We should ALL be upset with this and the teacher should be looking for a job already. Preferably doing something that does not involve children.

Well the school administrator who sanctioned it, is still on the job... she suspended the teacher who put the video on YouTube!

I hope 100% that Obama has a postive impact on black youth and if he is seen as a role model that is great. I hope he inspires these kids. But I'm with you to have this forced in school? Unless you are telling kids how great USC is this type of activity should not be condoned in schools.

In regards to Middle School, I was totally disconnected from politics until high school. Ignorance was bliss, and I had a great time trying to be cool, causing problems, celebrating the latest fads, salivating over Britney Spears' body, becoming totally corrupted morally, and so forth. Let 'em enjoy the chaos while it lasts!

Do you really think these kids were forced to do this?

What if these kids had the idea themselves and the teacher helped them put it together?

Do you really think these kids were forced to do this?

What if these kids had the idea themselves and the teacher helped them put it together?

I don't give a damn who's idea it was, this was done at the school, on school time, with school resources. Although it was a charter school, it is funded by federal tax dollars. Would you be okay with students using your tax dollars to make a praise video for McCain or Palin? What if they were saying, "Because of Christ, I am inspired to be..." Would it matter to you who's idea it was? The school is no place for this kind of thing. If you want to have mock debates, where both sides are represented, or you want to have students put together these 'motivational chants' for both candidates, maybe an argument could be made for that. However, the militaristic tone and cult-like nature of this, is a little creepy to me.

I don't give a damn who's idea it was, this was done at the school, on school time, with school resources. Although it was a charter school, it is funded by federal tax dollars. Would you be okay with students using your tax dollars to make a praise video for McCain or Palin? What if they were saying, "Because of Christ, I am inspired to be..." Would it matter to you who's idea it was? The school is no place for this kind of thing. If you want to have mock debates, where both sides are represented, or you want to have students put together these 'motivational chants' for both candidates, maybe an argument could be made for that. However, the militaristic tone and cult-like nature of this, is a little creepy to me.

yep a charter school and especially if it is funded by federal dollars it should abide by the same rules in thie area as public schools.

Never thought I would hear you being against charter schools Dixie.

I don't like the idea of this video, but I cannot think of any law that was broken.

Is there a law that requires that schools represent both candidates equally? Especially considering no one in that school will be voting any time soon.

Back