This is very disturbing...

I don't like the idea of this video, but I cannot think of any law that was broken.

Is there a law that requires that schools represent both candidates equally? Especially considering no one in that school will be voting any time soon.

It's political indoctrination, Sol. Maybe we should have a law about it! This kind of shit is going on all over the country, where Liberals have decided to indoctrinate children instead of educating them. To me, there is really not much difference between religious indoctrination and political indoctrination. If the students had been chanting... "Jesus inspired me to be...whatever" how is this any different than "Obama inspired me to be...whatever"? One is dead, and one is alive, is the only difference, in my opinion. It is a very dangerous standard to set, or to allow to continue. It doesn't have a damn thing to do with when they will be able to vote, and it doesn't have a damn thing to do with education!

I personally think, when you enter a place of education, religious as well as political ideologies, should be checked at the door. (No, waterhead, I don't mean people should be patted down!) I think if we are going to "educate" children in the areas of religion or politics, it should be done in a completely neutral way, with all sides represented and presented, and no particular view endorsed or sanctioned by the educator. Stuff like this, is blatantly teaching children that liberalism is how they should think, and conservatism is wrong. That is pure unadulterated political indoctrination, and every American should be outraged, regardless of which "side" is doing the indoctrinating.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mvP0ArKIGY

The teacher who put this on YouTube has been suspended. It wasn't considered "wrong" to be doing this in a public school, it was "wrong" to put it on the internet, apparently.

This is scary to me. Reminiscent of Fidel Castro and Hitler just before they came to power. This is what our tax dollars are being spent on in MIDDLE SCHOOL, folks!

Its just a religion. Why are you so disturbed?

yep a charter school and especially if it is funded by federal dollars it should abide by the same rules in thie area as public schools.

Never thought I would hear you being against charter schools Dixie.

You are a fucking idiot if you think this complaint is regarding "charter schools." It clearly demonstrates what a fuckwit you are, if that is what you derived from my comments.

I totally find it disturbing.

How could you not?

Come on, if they were saying this about Bush, you lefties would shit, and you'd be goddamned right to do so, because it would be disturbing.

Seriously. Blinders are the biggest problem this country has. Red and blue blinders.

I said I don't like it, but don't know if any law was broken.

Dixie, the reason people would be up in arms if they were chanting about Jesus is that the US Constitution requires a separation of church & state.

There is no separation of state and state.

If there is a law or a rule that was broken, then burn them. But if not, its not an issue.

They have been teaching revised history for decades. But unless there is some law or rule being broken, its not something to get worked up about.

We have been having Black History month for years, but no one raises hell about that.

Dixie, the reason people would be up in arms if they were chanting about Jesus is that the US Constitution requires a separation of church & state.

If there is a law or a rule that was broken, then burn them. But if not, its not an issue.

They have been teaching revised history for decades. But unless there is some law or rule being broken, its not something to get worked up about.

We have been having Black History month for years, but no one raises hell about that.

This is clearly an ethics thing. It doesn't have to violate Sec. 1.A Pg. 12 B.

It shows an utter attempt at political indoctrination and this should be obvious to anyone who has more than three brain cells, which is why it surprises me that it was obvious to Dixie.

Oh lighten up Dix.

Jesus is not religion. He was a man, just like Obama is a man. The "worshiping" nature in this video, is no different than a religious worship. To me, it is exactly the same thing. Because Liberalism isn't "defined" as a religion, doesn't mean it doesn't meet the same criteria. Proselytizing in the school is the same, regardless of what is being proselytized.

No, there is no "law" being broken, if there were, someone would have been arrested, so that is not the issue here. The question is, should we stand for this? Should this be allowed to take place in a tax payer funded institution? I personally don't like the idea of my tax dollar going to indoctrinate children into the Obama Nation, but I would also oppose this if they were being indoctrinated by Conservatives.

Black History month has nothing to do with this, it is a part of our heritage and history, and not a proselytism of political ideology. If the students were chanting... "MLK inspired me to be..." I wouldn't have nearly the problem with that. The fact that it is a political candidate currently running for president, is troubling to me. This is pure political indoctrination of our children, paid for by our taxes. Everyone should be outraged beyond belief over this.

Jesus is not religion. He was a man, just like Obama is a man. The "worshiping" nature in this video, is no different than a religious worship. To me, it is exactly the same thing. Because Liberalism isn't "defined" as a religion, doesn't mean it doesn't meet the same criteria. Proselytizing in the school is the same, regardless of what is being proselytized.

No, there is no "law" being broken, if there were, someone would have been arrested, so that is not the issue here. The question is, should we stand for this? Should this be allowed to take place in a tax payer funded institution? I personally don't like the idea of my tax dollar going to indoctrinate children into the Obama Nation, but I would also oppose this if they were being indoctrinated by Conservatives.

Black History month has nothing to do with this, it is a part of our heritage and history, and not a proselytism of political ideology. If the students were chanting... "MLK inspired me to be..." I wouldn't have nearly the problem with that. The fact that it is a political candidate currently running for president, is troubling to me. This is pure political indoctrination of our children, paid for by our taxes. Everyone should be outraged beyond belief over this.

Right, Jesus was just a man? WTF?

Look, what I saw on that video isn't what I am worried about in public schools.

I saw 6 or 8 young men doing a routine about a candidate.

I didn't see the entire school doing it. I saw no indication that it was started by the school itself. I saw no indication that it was done at a school assembly.

In fact, I didn't see anything that shows me that this was the only routine done or that there weren't other routines done about other candidates.

No, it doesn't make me feel better about the schools. But to call it indoctrination would mean that the schools were initiating it, and I saw nothing to show that. It could just as easily have been initiated by the students.

And even if this was initiated by the faculty, if it gets a young black student to study and achieve rather than be bored and drop out, I don't care if they campaign for Putin. They just saved me big money and made our society better.

Folks, here you have it. This is how Liberals feel about things like this. As long as we brainwash kids with Liberalism, everything is perfectly fine and dandy, nothing to worry about, no need for concern or alarm at all! Let these students utter one word of praise about Jesus or Bush, and they would literally start having cows!

Right, Jesus was just a man? WTF?

Look, what I saw on that video isn't what I am worried about in public schools.

I saw 6 or 8 young men doing a routine about a candidate.

I didn't see the entire school doing it. I saw no indication that it was started by the school itself. I saw no indication that it was done at a school assembly.

In fact, I didn't see anything that shows me that this was the only routine done or that there weren't other routines done about other candidates.

No, it doesn't make me feel better about the schools. But to call it indoctrination would mean that the schools were initiating it, and I saw nothing to show that. It could just as easily have been initiated by the students.

And even if this was initiated by the faculty, if it gets a young black student to study and achieve rather than be bored and drop out, I don't care if they campaign for Putin. They just saved me big money and made our society better.

So, no problem? Nothing to see here right?

Folks, here you have it. This is how Liberals feel about things like this. As long as we brainwash kids with Liberalism, everything is perfectly fine and dandy, nothing to worry about, no need for concern or alarm at all! Let these students utter one word of praise about Jesus or Bush, and they would literally start having cows!

Yep, here we have it. If you disagree with someone you can make up facts about what they said. No need to worry about the accuracy of the quotes, just spout what you want.

Ok Dixie, let me see if I can explain this to you again.

Please show me where you get that this video was initiated by a member of the faculty? Or do you just know it the same way you knew what I would say about students praising Bush.

The US Constitution and the US Supreme Court both say that there must be a separation of church & state.

Please show me where any rule says anything about students not being allowed to do a project about a presidential candidate.

And yes, if there is no rule against it we do not prohibit it. That is what freedom means. It means that people are free to do what is not illegal.

Oh, and please show me where I said anything about not allowing the same thing to be done for any candidate or politician? I would certainly like to see it. Not what you "know", but actual facts.

I don't like it at all. One of the problems with charter schools though. they teach those family values stuff.
;)

One of the advantages of charter schools you can easially pull your kid out.
the real question is how do the parents feel ? Is this the kind of stuff they support ? is that why their kids are there in the first place ?

Yep, here we have it. If you disagree with someone you can make up facts about what they said. No need to worry about the accuracy of the quotes, just spout what you want.

Ok Dixie, let me see if I can explain this to you again.

Please show me where you get that this video was initiated by a member of the faculty? Or do you just know it the same way you knew what I would say about students praising Bush.

The US Constitution and the US Supreme Court both say that there must be a separation of church & state.

Please show me where any rule says anything about students not being allowed to do a project about a presidential candidate.

And yes, if there is no rule against it we do not prohibit it. That is what freedom means. It means that people are free to do what is not illegal.

Oh, and please show me where I said anything about not allowing the same thing to be done for any candidate or politician? I would certainly like to see it. Not what you "know", but actual facts.

1. The Administrator was on the radio yesterday in an interview, and she said that the school had sanctioned this 'routine' or whatever the fuck it was. I don't give a rat's ass who "initiated" it, this is not an appropriate venue for a political homage to any particular candidate. My tax dollars are not intended to be spent, indoctrinating children into the Obama Army, or whateverthefuck they call themselves.

2. The US Constitution says NOTHING about separation of church and state. And up until the early 1900's, the vast majority of primary education in this country, was sponsored by religious organizations and churches. I would venture to conclude, if the Founding Fathers had a problem with that, they would have addressed it when they wrote the Constitution.

3. The issue is not what rules or laws have been violated. Clearly, no rule or law was broken, or someone would have been fired or sent to jail. That is not the issue. We are discussing if this is appropriate in a school environment. Most posters have indicated, it is not. You, being a devout Liberal, have no problem with this, apparently. However, I would venture to say, if these were white southern kids doing a 'chant' of praise for McCain and Palin, you would be LIVID that your tax dollars were paying for it.

4. There are a LOT of things there once was "no rule against" and it has nothing to do with "freedom." In the early 1800's there was no rule against buying and selling black people... was that "freedom" in your opinion?

5. Again, had this been a white southern group, praising McCain, Palin, or Jesus... on school property, on school time, with school resources, you would be having a cow about it, and liberals would be melting down the message board in protest. It would not matter one whit, who "initiated" it, or who "sponsored" it, you would not care!

I don't like it at all. One of the problems with charter schools though. they teach those family values stuff.
;)

One of the advantages of charter schools you can easially pull your kid out.
the real question is how do the parents feel ? Is this the kind of stuff they support ? is that why their kids are there in the first place ?

Again, retard... this has NOTHING to do with the fact that it happened to be a charter school! It also doesn't matter if the parents condone it, or are okay with it! This is not the place for political pep rallies for Obama! Our tax dollars should never be spent to put on 'routines' praising ANY politician! It doesn't matter who the politician is, it doesn't matter where it is, what kind of school it's in, who supported it, who was okay with it, or why it was being done! This is wrong, bottom line!

I don't give a damn who's idea it was, this was done at the school, on school time, with school resources. Although it was a charter school, it is funded by federal tax dollars. Would you be okay with students using your tax dollars to make a praise video for McCain or Palin? What if they were saying, "Because of Christ, I am inspired to be..." Would it matter to you who's idea it was? The school is no place for this kind of thing. If you want to have mock debates, where both sides are represented, or you want to have students put together these 'motivational chants' for both candidates, maybe an argument could be made for that. However, the militaristic tone and cult-like nature of this, is a little creepy to me.
If this was a charter school in Idaho with a bunch of white kids in support of Hitler, this thread would be 10 posts long with EVERYONE agreeing with Dixie.

The way I know this is NOT a partisan issue is that Dixie and I agree. We NEVER agree on anything. Except now. Mark this date.

No, the most important issue is how America is about to elect a president who has ties to terrorist extremists and Islamic fundamentalists. QUOTE]

He sat on a board with a person who was a member of the wheatherman thirty years back. He has no ties to 'Islamic fundamentalists', unless you are counting his atheist father who was born a Muslim. You are worse than Hannity and more bigoted than a Klan member.

Back