This is very disturbing...

"made the bombs, and he said he wishes more could have been done. How can you interpret that any other way?"

Oh, I dunno - maybe because he said right after that that he's talking about Americans as a whole, and ending the war, and that he didn't want anyone to interpret it as "more bombing"?

Maybe that's why. But I understand that things work better for you politically if you can just take whatever you want out of context, and that I'm "defending" someone by pointing that out. Make up whatever you want, Dix.

I don't see how kids saying they're inspired by someone is wrong.

You cons are just jealous because mccain couldn't inspire a dog to shit.

I dunno the video or programming children to worship the cardboard cutout of bush was pretty sad.
Praying for somebody is different than worshiping them. I don't have much patience for the religion itself, but I certainly can understand that difference regardless.

Awww did I touch on a partisan nerve there ?
Not particularly. It is pretty much the same kind of mind-draining zombieism, they just were being taught to worship a long-dead person that many people think is God. Asking that person to bless another one is not the same as worshiping the recipient of the "blessing".

The only real examples of partisanship are the people who won't admit that this would be very disturbing to them with only very slight changes to the ceremony being performed.

Not particularly. It is pretty much the same kind of mind-draining zombieism, they just were being taught to worship a long-dead person that many people think is God. Asking that person to bless another one is not the same as worshiping the recipient of the "blessing".

You saw the video. A cardboard cutout of Bush ? Really man.

You saw the video. A cardboard cutout of Bush ? Really man.
Yeah, and I also heard the words. "Ask God for a blessing for him" (paraphrased). That's pretty clear who they are aiming the prayer at (God) and who is the intended recipient (Bush) of the blessing.

You and I both have some reason to dislike that particular type of religion, different reasons but they are both there. That doesn't mean I have to twist my head into a dark orifice each time I see somebody praying for another.

Yeah, and I also heard the words. "Ask God for a blessing for him" (paraphrased). That's pretty clear who they are aiming the prayer at (God) and who is the intended recipient (Bush) of the blessing.

You and I both have some reason to dislike that particular type of religion, different reasons but they are both there. That doesn't mean I have to twist my head into a dark orifice each time I see somebody praying for another.

Ohh I support genuine prayer for those in need. Religion aside it shows concern and care. but blessing bush is kinda like demon worship. If it had been a exorcism ceremony now that would be different.

Drive the demons from our leader. in the name of Jaaysus!

Ohh I support genuine prayer for those in need. Religion aside it shows concern and care. but blessing bush is kinda like demon worship. If it had been a exorcism ceremony now that would be different.

Drive the demons from our leader. in the name of Jaaysus!
Not really. If Obama were President they would have asked for prayer for him too. When I was a kid it was Carter, then later Reagan they constantly told us to ask God to help, or to bless. It seems wise, if you believe God will do anything, to ask Him/Her to give positive attention to people who make decisions that effect our lives.

Onzies, you do realize you are defending a domestic terrorist, right?

Imagine this is the 50's, and Onceler is saying that just because someone had ties to the communist party 30 years back doesn't mean they should go to jail, and Dixie says "Onzies, you do realize you are defending a commie, right?" It doesn't matter who you're defending if the defense is right.

Yes, you are defending him. He is a domestic terrorist, he was responsible for at least 20 bombings, he made the bombs, and he said he wishes more could have been done. How can you interpret that any other way? He wishes he, we, other Americans, could have committed domestic terrorism more! His solution for ending the war in Vietnam, was to instigate domestic terrorism! Maybe he wishes they could have done more, as in make more deadly bombs, perhaps nuclear bombs or dirty bombs? Maybe he wishes they could have done more, as in killing more innocent people? You know, I really don't give a fuck what he meant, he is a domestic terrorist, that says enough for me!

The point remains, this man is closely associated with Obama, and Obama can deny that all he likes, the proof is there. It seems, Obama has this amazing tendency to be close to all kinds of radical extremist people, who he has 'no idea' of their views. I just find that impossible to believe. I think he is lying his ass off, and you jackasses have been so duped by the fact that he is not Bush, you will buy anything he says. Hell, maybe he'll appoint Ayers Secretary of Defense, and he will know how best to defeat radical terrorists?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weatherman_(organization)#Described_as_terrorists

no one was killed by WUO bombs.

BTW, it was the "Wheatherman", you dumb fuck.

The point remains, this man is closely associated with Obama, and Obama can deny that all he likes, the proof is there.

Bill Ayers and Barack Obama at one time lived in the same neighborhood in the city of Chicago, and both had worked on education reform in the state of Illinois. The two met "at a luncheon meeting about school reform."[41] Obama was named to the Chicago Annenberg Challenge Project Board of Directors to oversee the distribution of grants in Chicago. Later in 1995, Ayers hosted "a coffee" for "Mr. Obama's first run for office."[42] The two served on the board of a community anti-poverty group, the Woods Fund of Chicago, between 2000 and 2002, during which time the board met twelve times.[42] In April 2001, Ayers contributed $200 to Obama's re-election fund to the Illinois State Senate.[41] Since 2002, there has been little linking Obama and Ayers.[42] The senator said in September 2008 that he hadn't "seen him in a year-and-a-half."[43] In February 2008, Obama spokesman Bill Burton released a statement from the senator about the relationship between the two: "Senator Obama strongly condemns the violent actions of the Weathermen group, as he does all acts of violence. But he was an eight-year-old child when Ayers and the Weathermen were active, and any attempt to connect Obama with events of almost forty years ago is ridiculous."[41] CNN's review of project records found nothing to suggest anything inappropriate in the non-profit projects in which the two men were involved.[44] Internal reviews by The New York Times, The Washington Post, Time magazine, The Chicago Sun-Times, The New Yorker and The New Republic "have said that their reporting doesn't support the idea that Obama and Ayers had a close relationship".[45]

SOUNDS LIKE A VERY CLOSE ASSOCIATION TO ME!

Dixie's statement was "KILL EVEN MORE SOLDIERS AND INNOCENT CIVILIANS!"

Rush Limbaugh should be fined a billion dollars for every lie he tells on air that goes into the head of people like this.

If kids made a routine supporting someone who murdered millions of people, I think outrage is justified.

Kids making up a routine supporting a political candidate is a different issue.

If white kids in Idaho made this video on school property, with school equipment, in support of David Duke when he ran for president I would feel the same way. As long as their support was not in such a manner as to be overtly racist. I am not against anyone being positive and for something.

Perhaps this board WOULD be ranting if it were a video for McCain. But I would be saying the same thing.
Ok change it from Hitler to David Duke. Same outcome.

Back