THREADBAN POLL 2019

What should JPP do with its threadban feature?

• I am NEUTRAL on this issue. I truly do not care one way or the other.

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • KEEP threadbans.

Votes: 24 47.1%
  • ABOLISH threadbans

Votes: 17 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BRUTALITOPS

on indefiniate mod break
Contributor
SUMMARY

Once again, we are revisiting the issue of whether or not JPP should have threadbans.

• This poll will be open for 10 days. It's starting 12:00amish monday so It will close 12:00amish thursday next week. I want everyone to have the opportunity to vote. Walls might be spammed O_O

• If the vast majority of people vote rather quickly it may be closed earlier.

• If the vote appears to be an obvious runaway it may be closed earlier.

• VOTE WILL BE ANONYMOUS, even after votes are in. That way, if you wanna be two-faced and claim you hate threadbanning but secretly you want to support it, you will be allowed to do so. The mod team will not out you.

• We might however provide general stats if people are interested, and in the name of transparency.

RULE TIME

Rule 1 - Only those that meet the following qualifications are allowed to vote -

- must have 500 or more posts
- must have a JPP account for at least 6 months

Rule 2 - DO NOT multi-vote

We might have to count up 50+ votes, I dont' want to IP check everyone. If you multi vote and we catch you, none of your votes will count, and it may lead to a ban of an unspecified length. If you end up voting twice on different names because you are a retard and can't help yourself, let us know before we find out on our own.

SUMMARY

Once again, we are revisiting the issue of whether or not JPP should have threadbans.

• This poll will be open for 10 days. It's starting 12:00amish monday so It will close 12:00amish thursday next week. I want everyone to have the opportunity to vote. Walls might be spammed O_O

• If the vast majority of people vote rather quickly it may be closed earlier.

• If the vote appears to be an obvious runaway it may be closed earlier.

• VOTE WILL BE ANONYMOUS, even after votes are in. That way, if you wanna be two-faced and claim you hate threadbanning but secretly you want to support it, you will be allowed to do so. The mod team will not out you.

• We might however provide general stats if people are interested, and in the name of transparency.

RULE TIME

Rule 1 - Only those that meet the following qualifications are allowed to vote -

- must have 500 or more posts
- must have a JPP account for at least 6 months

Rule 2 - DO NOT multi-vote

We might have to count up 50+ votes, I dont' want to IP check everyone. If you multi vote and we catch you, none of your votes will count, and it may lead to a ban of an unspecified length. If you end up voting twice on different names because you are a retard and can't help yourself, let us know before we find out on our own.

:clap::clap::clap:

I cannot imagine this board going to back to pre thread ban days. Especially with the troll infestation over the past handful of years.

Has anyone thought about a limit, so we don't have so much troll spamming? How does legion seriously punch in all those names. Does he have a list ready, that he just pastes?

Has anyone thought about a limit, so we don't have so much troll spamming? How does legion seriously punch in all those names. Does he have a list ready, that he just pastes?

"If you multi vote and we catch you, none of your votes will count, and it may lead to a ban of an unspecified length. If you end up voting twice on different names because you are a retard and can't help yourself, let us know before we find out on our own."

When the thread ban first passed, I was using a list to paste/ban every single active poster as a means to satirize it. Sometimes I even banned myself. That's really the only way to do it.

I have my own personal thoughts on the issue but I will wait for others to weight in for a while.

I'd say it's needed in off topic discussions. I've tried it without, and always seem to add a few later on. Some just like rock the boat. I'm curious if you are able to check the vote, to see if socks are giving additional votes? Legion loves doing that, and will even do it on an open one.

Last edited:
When the thread ban first passed, I was using a list to paste/ban every single active poster as a means to satirize it. Sometimes I even banned myself. That's really the only way to do it.

Weirdly though, there are often discrepancies between lists. Legion, and Teflon forget some people on occassions.

By and large I think thread bans are lame.

That said, there are a handful of posters that are insufferable and do nothing but trash up the thread. Maybe put a cap on the the number of posters banned?

I'd say it's needed in off topic discussions. I've tried it without, and always seem to add a few later on. Some just like rock the boat. I'm curious if you are able to check the vote, to see if socks are giving additional votes? Legion loves doing that, and will even do it on an open one.

Yeah, like you troll my off topic threads...

Seriously, why do you bitch about the very same shit you dish out?

Threadbans are silly. If you can't handle a couple of trolls or people disagreeing with you, why make a thread on a public board?

The ignore feature exists for a reason and it doesn't mess up the board.

People like Jaded Dragon use the the thread ban feature as a weapon. It is their little toy to F with people they don't like. These kind of people think they have this great power to create a thread, start shit about someone and then ban them from the thread.

Go hide in your bedroom and be silent. Don't go on the internet only to expect to be able to close your proverbial door.

Back