THREADBAN POLL 2019

What should JPP do with its threadban feature?

• I am NEUTRAL on this issue. I truly do not care one way or the other.

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • KEEP threadbans.

Votes: 24 47.1%
  • ABOLISH threadbans

Votes: 17 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Threadbans are silly. If you can't handle a couple of trolls or people disagreeing with you, why make a thread on a public board?

The ignore feature exists for a reason and it doesn't mess up the board.

People like Jaded Dragon use the the thread ban feature as a weapon. It is their little toy to F with people they don't like. These kind of people think they have this great power to create a thread, start shit about someone and then ban them from the thread.

Go hide in your bedroom and be silent. Don't go on the internet only to expect to be able to close your proverbial door.

Two different tools for two different purposes.

You are no different than Jade

I used to vote apathetic........after seeing threads go a hundred pages that contain barely a hundred posts that aren't on my ignore list I finally see the need......

Jade is proving in this thread why thread bans should remain

It is funny reading his posts on the topic. The douche is basically saying “just leave it for me and my off topic food threads”

For those who haven’t voted, think about threads where the OCD pricks Jade and Yurt start their little pissing match. It makes a thread unreadable

Threadban Now
Threadban forever

I'd say it's needed in off topic discussions. I've tried it without, and always seem to add a few later on. Some just like rock the boat. I'm curious if you are able to check the vote, to see if socks are giving additional votes? Legion loves doing that, and will even do it on an open one.

If you're trying to have a serious discussion, whether it's off-topic or about politics, there are some who just cannot act like adults and should be excluded. If you look at almost any political discussion here that has more than 3-4 pages, by the time you get to the last page it's almost always degenerated into "You're a dick," "You're an even bigger dick." Or maybe that's just how it is here, there, and everywhere.

I support the 'thread-ban' feature.

I don't use it personally. I come here to listen to everyone.
But I do like seeing others use it. It tells a lot about THEM.

I just Voted. 11 to 7 to keep.

There's a lot of fragile people here that may leave JPP if 'thread-bans' are eliminated, I hope we can keep this feature.
(I know it's wrong for me to say this, but laughing at the 'thread banners' is part of the reason I come here)

I've contacted Amazon Central and have urged them to support the position of USLIAR911.

:) Did anyone visit USLIAR911's thread called "The No Ban Thread" ... and then watch him begin banning people. hahahahahahahaha ...it. was. a. CLASSIC!

Has anyone thought about a limit, so we don't have so much troll spamming? How does legion seriously punch in all those names. Does he have a list ready, that he just pastes?

That's what I was thinking.

Limit the number of posters you can ban to about six or so.

banning is for the weak

That's the way I used to feel until I began to see how a handful of idiot trolls here do nothing for any thread they post in, other than fuck them up.

There are a small group who need to be thread banned by everyone.

That's what I was thinking.

Limit the number of posters you can ban to about six or so.

I COMPLETELY disagree!

Legina.
I LOVE picturing Legina with his 50 Posters on 'thread ban'.
Legina is there on a soapbox, yakking away to a non-existent audience in an empty Park while it is raining. Flailing his arms around, spittle coming from his mouth, jabbing the air with pointed finger to make a salient point. Challenging ANYONE to disagree!

hahahahahahahahahahahah ... please Nomad, DON'T take that from me. :)

That's the way I used to feel until I began to see how a handful of idiot trolls here do nothing for any thread they post in, other than fuck them up.

There are a small group who need to be thread banned by everyone.

THAT'S the Spirit!

Back