‘Tim Walz Reenlisted After 9/11’ Is The Latest Lie About His Military Record

Fun fact: I didn't vote for Biden, and won't vote for him in November.

I actually don't really care that Trump got 4 deferments. I just find it ironic that Trump's supporters would want to try to find something to make hay out of in Walz's 24 years of service to this country, which were served HONORABLY.

The remark about McCain may have been made in anger, but the added "I like the guys who weren't captured" was a stunningly offensive comment to not just people who actually put themselves in harm's way from someone who didn't, but people who had to endure what were often horrible, unimaginable circumstances as part of that service. They deserve nothing but gratitude.

And it wasn't a one-off. Trump has had a pattern of disparaging our military.
Link?

So, Trump gets 4 deferments (pretty questionably, based on the reporting), says a war hero isn't a war hero because he "likes the guys who weren't captured", allegedly calls those who died in war "suckers and losers," and says the Presidential Medal of Honor is better than the military Medal of Honor....and conservatives want to keep talking about things related to the military, and disparage a guy who served for over 2 decades?
(pssssssssssssssst...... don't tell these morons that nobody cares. It might spoil the fun of watching them twist and squirm..... )

😆

If Walz just had not lied and inflated his service for political gain things would be fine. He did not have to retire to run for Congress other members of Congress have served in the NG and Congress. Tulsi Gabbard did in fact. She is a Lieutenant Colonel. Walz left TWO YEARS before his commitment was finished. Walz never finished the training to be a Command Sargent Major to that title was stripped from him BEFORE he retired.
He was not stripped of his rank. He was dropped for retirement purposes. He did not finish all the requirements. Stripped implies so much more than it was. But it is very Trumpian of you. You are swiftboating.

Walz retired two months before his unit went for a deployment to Iraq in 2005

there is no evidence he filed paperwork quit/retired in April of 2001 and than reenlisted
I'm not saying he did, but he could have. After your first enlistment is completed, you are also "voluntary" in staying in the service. You can quit before your contract is finished in such a case, but the military will discharge you such that you are coded as having had honorable service but are ineligible to reenlist, instead of honorable and eligible for reenlistment. That code is on the DD 214. If I recall, it's in the lower right corner. The honorable and eligible code is, for example, RE01.

If Walz just had not lied and inflated his service for political gain things would be fine. He did not have to retire to run for Congress other members of Congress have served in the NG and Congress. Tulsi Gabbard did in fact. She is a Lieutenant Colonel. Walz left TWO YEARS before his commitment was finished. Walz never finished the training to be a Command Sargent Major to that title was stripped from him BEFORE he retired.
In fact, Walz would have been in a very select group as one of the only--I believe Senator John Tower of Texas was the only one--that was both enlisted and serving while a member of Congress. Gabbard and a few others were officers while serving.

In fact, I can recall Tower showing up on the Senate floor in uniform on at least a couple of occasions, something unique that an officer likely couldn't do given the differences in the way their service contracts work.

He was not stripped of his rank. He was dropped for retirement purposes. He did not finish all the requirements. Stripped implies so much more than it was. But it is very Trumpian of you. You are swiftboating.
His rank was "brevet" or "frocked" not permanent. That means he was that rank but not getting paid for it and it wasn't yet permanent. When he quit he reverted to his permanent rank of Master Sargeant.

did he retire as a as a command master sergeant?

He didn't serve. He partied in the TANG and never completed his required programs.
Walz never completed his required programs to retire as a command master sergeant

But he lied and said he retired a command master sergeant----- Bush never lied about his service

Back