Time for the Anti-Immigrant crowd to put up or shut up!

I did not.

Your Marxism is shown in your views on the source of value and what sets price. It's not labor. You don't realize that you are a Marxist because you are an economic illiterate.

Labor is a cost. Costs are a consideration when deciding the price. Now who's the economic illiterate? hint: It's you.

Immigration also means we have a younger workforce and a faster-growing economy than many of our competitors, and in an increasingly interconnected world, the diversity of our country is a powerful advantage in global competition.

Immigration also means we have a younger workforce and a faster-growing economy than many of our competitors, and in an increasingly interconnected world, the diversity of our country is a powerful advantage in global competition.

These hold no inherent value on their own. Citizens deserve whatever labor market protections occur as a result of an enforced border. As per the law.

Just a few weeks ago, we had an event of small business owners at the White House, and one business owner was a woman named Prachee Devadas who came to this country, became a citizen, and opened up a successful technology services company.

When she started, she had just one employee.

Today, she employs more than a hundred people.

This past April, we held a naturalization ceremony at the White House for members of our armed forces.

Even though they were not yet citizens, they had enlisted.

One of them was a woman named Perla Ramos, born and raised in Mexico, came to the United States shortly after 9/11, and she eventually joined the Navy, and she said, “I take pride in our flag and the history that forged this great nation and the history we write day by day.”

These women, and men and women across this country like them, remind us that immigrants have always helped to build and defend this country, and that being an American is not a matter of blood or birth.

Just a few weeks ago, we had an event of small business owners at the White House, and one business owner was a woman named Prachee Devadas who came to this country, became a citizen, and opened up a successful technology services company.

When she started, she had just one employee.

Today, she employs more than a hundred people.

This past April, we held a naturalization ceremony at the White House for members of our armed forces.

Even though they were not yet citizens, they had enlisted.

One of them was a woman named Perla Ramos, born and raised in Mexico, came to the United States shortly after 9/11, and she eventually joined the Navy, and she said, “I take pride in our flag and the history that forged this great nation and the history we write day by day.”

These women, and men and women across this country like them, remind us that immigrants have always helped to build and defend this country, and that being an American is not a matter of blood or birth.

our past immigration trends need not be policy in perpetuity. We are not constrained by the past. The future is bold and new, and we can do what we want.

You're a very non-visionary president. Your notions are constrained by the dogma of internationalists fascists. But you're pretty stupid, how could you know better?

Get bent, Prez. God I hope this is really you, fuck nut.

It’s a matter of faith.

It’s a matter of fidelity to the shared values that we all hold so dear.

That’s what makes us unique. That’s what makes us strong.

Anybody can help us write the next great chapter in our history.

Now, we can’t forget that this process of immigration and eventual inclusion has often been painful.

Each new wave of immigrants has generated fear and resentments towards newcomers, particularly in times of economic upheaval.

Labor is a cost. Costs are a consideration when deciding the price. Now who's the economic illiterate? hint: It's you.

Cost doesn't determine price. You don't necessarily get the price you set. You can't sell a carrot for $6 just because it cost $5 to grow and harvest one. You can't even necessarily sell it for $5. If most consumers are only willing to pay a $1 then there will be very few carrot sales and very few sellers.

That’s why businesses must be held accountable if they break the law by deliberately hiring and exploiting undocumented workers.

We’ve already begun to step up enforcement against the worst workplace offenders, and we’re implementing and improving a system to give employers a reliable way to verify that their employees are here legally. But we need to do more.

We cannot continue just to look the other way as a significant portion of our economy operates outside the law.

It breeds abuse and bad practices.

We need to provide farms a legal way to hire the workers they rely on, and a path for those workers to earn legal status, and we should stop punishing innocent young people for the actions of their parents by denying them the chance to stay here and earn an education and contribute their talents to build the country where they’ve grown up.

The DREAM Act would do this, and that’s why I supported this bill as a state legislator and as a U.S. senator and why I continue to support it as president.

So, these are the essential elements of comprehensive immigration reform.

The question now is whether we will have the courage and the political will to pass a bill through Congress, to finally get it done.

Last summer, I held a meeting with leaders of both parties, including many of the Republicans who had supported reform in the past, and some who hadn’t.

I was pleased to see a bipartisan framework proposed in the Senate by Senators Lindsey Graham and Chuck Schumer, with whom I met to discuss this issue.

I’ve spoken with the Congressional Hispanic Caucus to plot the way forward and meet and then I met with them.

Cost doesn't determine price.

It's part of the equation. Companies generally attempt to set a price that covers cost. So saying it's not a factor is a ludicrous absurdity.
You don't necessarily get the price you set.
This doesn't mean costs are not a factor in determiing price.
You can't sell a carrot for $6 just because it cost $5 to grow and harvest one. You can't even necessarily sell it for $5. If most consumers are only willing to pay a $1 then there will be very few carrot sales and very few sellers.

Demand in food is relatively inelastic, i.e. we all gotta eat. So they'll stay in business. And more americans will be afforded a livable wage.

Back