Todd palin was member of Alaskan Independence Party

Well, it was interesting because the GOP all week kept implying that Michelle Obama hates America (and I think Palin had a comment about that), but her husband actually wanted to secede....

Well, it was interesting because the GOP all week kept implying that Michelle Obama hates America (and I think Palin had a comment about that), but her husband actually wanted to secede....
According to what?

It isn't part of the party's platform.

"Gail Fenumiai, director of the Alaska Division of Elections, said Todd Palin twice registered under the Alaskan Independence Party — in 1995 and 2000. Some members of the party have advocated secession from the United States, though that is not a goal listed in the party’s platform."

http://www.ajc.com/services/content...alin_husband.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=15

So, being a member of this party does not automatically make one want to secede, in fact "some" is not even the majority of the party.

I saw that. I also saw that it includes " "the complete repatriation of the public lands, held by the federal government, to the state and people of Alaska"

But we can continue to split hairs if you want. You're good at splitting hairs.

No, he resigned when his wife was working on contracts with the oil companies.

He took a leave of absence for a time and then went back to BP in a different job.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Todd_Palin"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Todd_Palin[/ame]

I checked before I posted that Damo.
:D

Last edited:
I saw that. I also saw that it includes " "the complete repatriation of the public lands, held by the federal government, to the state and people of Alaska"

But we can continue to split hairs if you want. You're good at splitting hairs.
Which doesn't mean secession, it means they want the Federal parks, etc to be available for purchase as private property. You are good at attempting to split hairs, but you seem to only want to attempt the thick and short ones and wind up cutting yourself.

Some of their members advocate complete secession, but it is certainly not part of their platform, nor does it mean every member believes that is the route to go. This is simple talking point repetition rather than any urge to be accurate.

Which doesn't mean secession, it means they want the Federal parks, etc to be available for purchase as private property. You are good at attempting to split hairs, but you seem to only want to attempt the thick and short ones and wind up cutting yourself.

Some of their members advocate complete secession, but it is certainly not part of their platform, nor does it mean every member believes that is the route to go. This is simple talking point repetition rather than any urge to be accurate.

Yes, and I'm sure that you were just as careful with claims of Michele Obama being anti-American and tarring Obama for being a member of Trinity Church, right?

Please, Damo. Enough of the bullshit.

Which doesn't mean secession, it means they want the Federal parks, etc to be available for purchase as private property.

Well, you should read the FAQ's I posted before trying to conjecture what they "mean."

Tomato, toma-toe...alright, they don't specifically want to SECEDE. Her husband loves America, yet he just wants independence for Alaska & the repatriotization of public lands there from the American gov't.

Good call. Are there any lengths you won't go to in order to defend a Republican, from anything?

Yes, and I'm sure that you were just as careful with claims of Michele Obama being anti-American and tarring Obama for being a member of Trinity Church, right?

Please, Damo. Enough of the bullshit.
Find any of my posts where I ever suggested she was "anti-American" and you might have a point. Hint: You won't find it.

Well, you should read the FAQ's I posted before trying to conjecture what they "mean."

Tomato, toma-toe...alright, they don't specifically want to SECEDE. Her husband loves America, yet he just wants independence for Alaska & the repatriotization of public lands there from the American gov't.

Good call. Are there any lengths you won't go to in order to defend a Republican, from anything?
He isn't a republican, and I simply went there to find out what the heck was up. Does the party really want to secede? It turns out that they don't. Yes, I like to be accurate regardless of who we are speaking about.

Just taking a spin through their "Statehood Primer," I came across this:

Alaska is nothing more than a colonial warehouse of natural resources to fuel the factories of the United States. Calling our association with the United States "statehood" is only a false mask for their continued exploitation. We believe that the above matter makes an irrefutable case of concealment, duplicity, and treachery upon the part of the United States against Alaskans and the Non-Self-Governing Territory of Alaska. We believe that it is a shameful and scandalous exhibition of selfish colonialism in its most blatant form.

Country First!

And then there's this:

Alaskans will never know the true facts of the above events. Some of us now wonder if the United States did not have just one goal in mind for Alaska and that because of our natural resources, we were deliberately kept in ignorance of our status as a Non-Self-Governing Territory, and deliberately herded into statehood with the aid of military personnel voting in our statehood election?

We ask that a courageous member of the United Nations sponsor us to appear before the General Assembly to present our case, that we may be restored to the list of Non-Self-Governing Territories so that we may eventually secure our right to self determination. We would also like to take the matter before the International Court of Justice if such is feasible.

But no, they don't want to secede, just to become a Non-Self-Governing Territory and they ask to be able to bring their case to the UN and the ICJ.

Hilarious.

Back