Tony Rezko To Start Singing, Obambi Worried

RockX

Banned
Possible change of heart
Rezko talked with prosecutors, may aid probe, sources say

By David Kidwell, John Chase and Jeff Coen * Chicago Tribune reporters
5:24 PM CDT, September 27, 2008

Antoin "Tony" Rezko, a convicted influence peddler who was once one of Gov. Rod Blagojevich's most trusted confidants, has met with federal prosecutors and is considering cooperating in the corruption probe of the governor's administration, sources told the Tribune.

Rezko's possible change of heart—after years of steadfast refusal—has sent ripples through a tight circle of prominent defense attorneys who represent dozens of potential witnesses and targets in the wide-ranging probe.

His cooperation would give prosecutors investigating the governor and his wife access to someone they have described as an ultimate political insider at the center of a pervasive pay-to-play scheme.

Rezko's trial this year laid bare a culture of scams, bribes and backroom deals stretching from City Hall to the Statehouse. It even became fodder in the presidential campaign of Democratic nominee Barack Obama, whose fundraising and personal ties to Rezko go back more than a decade.

Rezko was a political supporter of Obama going back to when he was running for state Senate. Obama's ties to Rezko have become a political albatross for the presidential nominee, who has been forced to defend the convicted felon's fundraising activities for him and revelations Obama bought his South Side mansion on the same day in 2005 that Rezko purchased a vacant lot next door.

LOL

I imagine a hit has already been put in place from the Obambi camp to kill Rezko.

Hell, how could this change anything? Obama is annointed, no Chicago politics could interfere.

This isn't going to be half as a damaging to Obama as Palin will be to McCain when she starts talking during the debates.

Republican desperation is a sad, and pathetic thing to witness.

The country is melting down, the GOP nominated an ancient out of touch midget, and they're pinning their hopes on Rezko.

This isn't going to be half as a damaging to Obama as Palin will be to McCain when she starts talking during the debates.
I am looking forward to that debate. I am interested to see how she'll do. It seems that the expectation is for her to show up drool a lake and say "Gridlock!"...

I am looking forward to that debate. I am interested to see how she'll do. It seems that the expectation is for her to show up drool a lake and say "Gridlock!"...

I think she's going to do better than people expect.

I don't think she's going to look like a rocket scientist. But, I think debates are, or should be, easier formats than journalistic interviews for politicians to handle. The political parties have total control over how the debates are structured. Its an opportunity for candidates to fillibuster and repeat some talking points. It doesn't really have the back and forth dynamics of an interview. And supposedly, the NY Times reported that the republicans negotiated a way to stage manage the debate so it will be less free flowing than the Obama-McCain debates.

I don't think she's versed at all in national/international affairs. I think that's her problem. She's totally unqualified to be a step away from the presidency. I don't think she's neccessarily dumb. Or, at least I hope not.

This morning Axelrod and other Obama campaign people are playing Palin UP. They are talking about how well she did in her debates in Alaska and how she can hold her own. The dems are building her up.

I can't wait; I know that we're all guilty of setting expectations too low for her, and she can speak fairly well at times, but she's not making it through a whole debate without some sort of "Putin rearing his head in Alaska's airspace" comment or 2....

I think she's going to do better than people expect.

I don't think she's going to look like a rocket scientist. But, I think debates are, or should be, easier formats than journalistic interviews for politicians to handle. The political parties have total control over how the debates are structured. Its an opportunity for candidates to fillibuster and repeat some talking points. It doesn't really have the back and forth dynamics of an interview. And supposedly, the NY Times reported that the republicans negotiated a way to stage manage the debate so it will be less free flowing than the Obama-McCain debates.

I don't think she's versed at all in national/international affairs. I think that's her problem. She's totally unqualified to be a step away from the presidency. I don't think she's neccessarily dumb. Or, at least I hope not.
That's pretty much what I expect, but man...

The things I have read.... I suspect there are people out there who expect her to slip into "speaking tongues" at any moment, rolling on the floor, and casting out demons and killing witches, and that is just in the greeting portion.

This morning Axelrod and other Obama campaign people are playing Palin UP. They are talking about how well she did in her debates in Alaska and how she can hold her own. The dems are building her up.

Expect her to come out attacking and not to stop. Read Kristol’s column today. Not because Mr. Cakewalk has anything smart to say, but because he gets all the inside info.

COURIC: Well, explain to me why that enhances your foreign policy credentials?

PALIN: Well, it certainly does because our next door neighbors are foreign countries. they're in the state that i am the executive of. And there in Russia --

COURIC: Have you ever been involved with any negotiations for example, with the Russians?

PALIN: We have trade missions back and forth. We do -- it's very important when you consider even national security issues with Russia -- as Putin rears his head and comes into the airspace of the United States of America, where do they go?

It's Alaska, It's right over the border. It is from Alaska, that we send those out to make sure an eye is being kept on this very powerful nation, Russia, because they are right there, they are right next to our state.

"Better than expected" would be if she can spell her first name.

That's pretty much what I expect, but man...

The things I have read.... I suspect there are people out there who expect her to slip into "speaking tongues" at any moment, rolling on the floor, and casting out demons and killing witches, and that is just in the greeting portion.

The things you’ve read? You mean the things you’ve seen don’t you. Or maybe you were impressed with her Couric interview. Anyone who wants that thing one heart beat away, hates this country. Fact.

The things you’ve read? You mean the things you’ve seen don’t you. Or maybe you were impressed with her Couric interview. Anyone who wants that thing one heart beat away, hates this country. Fact.
No the things I have read, the things people have said about her.

If she shows up, strings coherent sentences together without breaking into prayer and tongues at inappropriate moments, then she's pretty much overwhelmed the low expectation.

No the things I have read, the things people have said about her.

If she shows up, strings coherent sentences together without breaking into prayer and tongues at inappropriate moments, then she's pretty much overwhelmed the low expectation.

Oh I see. Just the things you’ve read. Not what you’ve seen from her.
I really feel sorry for this country that produced such hacks that they would even consider this nonsense. And with conservative writers becoming more and more unwilling to pin their own reps on this thing, we still see them here, and on FOX, and it just sickens me. But, that’s on you. Have fun carrying it. I never would.

I'm tired of the expectations game, anyway. What was any reasonable person supposed to do after the Couric interview? Sssshhhhh....don't say anything about how stupid she sounded; we may set the bar too low for her debate expectations! Americans don't care if you're actually smart of capable...just that you beat expectations in a debate!

I am expecting her to do great, she will pretend Biden does not exist and then go after Obama hard core. It will be interesting.

She will beat expections. By a long shot.

I'm tired of the expectations game, anyway. What was any reasonable person supposed to do after the Couric interview? Sssshhhhh....don't say anything about how stupid she sounded; we may set the bar too low for her debate expectations! Americans don't care if you're actually smart of capable...just that you beat expectations in a debate!

Yeah, that appears to be the case, fabulously modeled here by Damo.

If she does well in the debate some Americans will see the interview performance as a one-time thing.

Remember we are talking about the same people who actually gave Bush bumps because he outperformed in the expectations game. Truly, he never won a single debate, not against Gore, not against Kerry.

If she does well in the debate some Americans will see the interview performance as a one-time thing.

Remember we are talking about the same people who actually gave Bush bumps because he outperformed in the expectations game. Truly, he never won a single debate, not against Gore, not against Kerry.

One time thing?

I think she looked ill informed and inarticulate in both interviews that the Midget allowed her to partake in. Shockingly so. There is not a reasonable person who could look at either of those interviews and conclude she's ready to be a potential president.

She looked like a fool, especially on foreign policy and national policy.

This is pretty much as bad as Perot's ill fated Admiral Stockdale choice. If the bar is so low for her at the debates, than anything short of her blabbing about banning Harry Potter books makes her look competent, then this country is fucked.

Wow.... such hatred... good to see such an open tolerant mind.

Good to see that a strong woman who is a Rep, becomes a 'thing'. Guess you really DON'T give a shit about women. You just care about women who think and believe exactly as you do. Quite pathetic.

Back