Trump lacked power to declassify secret nuclear arms document

BidenPresident

Verified User
WASHINGTON, June 18 (Reuters) - Even when he was president, Donald Trump lacked the legal authority to declassify a U.S. nuclear weapons-related document that he is charged with illegally possessing, security experts said, contrary to the former U.S. president’s claim.

The secret document, listed as No. 19 in the indictment charging Trump with endangering national security, can under the Atomic Energy Act only be declassified through a process that by the statute involves the Department of Energy and the Department of Defense.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/tr...nuclear-arms-document-experts-say-2023-06-18/

Everyone is corrupt therefore Trump is innocent. Is this your argument?

No I am saying that Trump is the boss of those agencies so he is part of them

So if only those two agencies can declassify them then Trump had the authorization to do so

This isn’t rocket science here

No I am saying that Trump is the boss of those agencies so he is part of them

So if only those two agencies can declassify them then Trump had the authorization to do so

This isn’t rocket science here

Trump had no authority unless he went through proper procedures, which obviously he didn't.

WASHINGTON, June 18 (Reuters) - Even when he was president, Donald Trump lacked the legal authority to declassify a U.S. nuclear weapons-related document that he is charged with illegally possessing, security experts said, contrary to the former U.S. president’s claim.

The secret document, listed as No. 19 in the indictment charging Trump with endangering national security, can under the Atomic Energy Act only be declassified through a process that by the statute involves the Department of Energy and the Department of Defense.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/tr...nuclear-arms-document-experts-say-2023-06-18/

Your "experts" are full of shit. The DOE and DOD have ZERO AUTHORITY over the POTUS and his/her powers.

The DOJ is politically motivated to get Trump

They are just trying anything at this point and it will all be dismissed

I hope you keep believing that up until the point Trump is found guilty.
I can't wait to see you MAGA morons below:

6234108.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
LazyOldAegeancat-small.gif
funny-gif-baby-concerned-girl-crying1.gif

So only the DOE and DOD can declassify those types of documents huh?

Guess who runs those departments?

Hahaha

Nope. ONLY the Secretary of Energy can declassify, the President SPECIFICALLY cannot. Not the Department, the person. Of course it makes no difference, because no one is claiming in a court of law that Trump declassified the documents. It is not an argument that is being advanced in the case.

You lose. Again.

Nope. ONLY the Secretary of Energy can declassify, the President SPECIFICALLY cannot. Of course it makes no difference, because no one is claiming in a court of law that Trump declassified the documents. It is not an argument that is being advanced in the case.

You lose. Again.

So the secretary of energy has more power than the president?

Wow

Back