Trump praises 'fantastic guy' Jason Aldean after CMT pulls the country star's 'Try

Lyrics
Play "Try That In A Sma…"
on Amazon Music Unlimited (ad)
"Try That In A Small Town"

Sucker punch somebody on a sidewalk
Car jack an old lady at a red light
Pull a gun on the owner of a liquor store
Ya think it's cool, well, act a fool if ya like
Cuss out a cop, spit in his face
Stomp on the flag and light it up
Yeah, ya think you're tough

Well, try that in a small town
See how far ya make it down the road
'Round here we take care of our own
You cross that line, it won't take long
For you to find out, I recommend you don't
Try that in a small town

Got a gun that my granddad gave me
They say one day they're gonna round up
Well, that shit might fly in the city, good luck

Try that in a small town
Full of good ol' boys, raised up right
If you're looking for a fight
Try that in a small town
Try that in a small town

Try that in a small town
(See how far ya make it down the road)
Try that in a small town
Try that in a small town, mm-mm

Try that in a small town

Try that in a small town

This is a call to violence

Lyrics
Play "Try That In A Sma…"
on Amazon Music Unlimited (ad)
"Try That In A Small Town"

Sucker punch somebody on a sidewalk
Car jack an old lady at a red light
Pull a gun on the owner of a liquor store
Ya think it's cool, well, act a fool if ya like
Cuss out a cop, spit in his face
Stomp on the flag and light it up
Yeah, ya think you're tough

Try that in a small town

Got a gun that my granddad gave me
They say one day they're gonna round up
Well, that shit might fly in the city, good luck

Try that in a small town
Try that in a small town
Try that in a small town

Try that in a small town
(See how far ya make it down the road)
Try that in a small town
Try that in a small town, mm-mm

Try that in a small town

Sung when Joe got elected !!https://genius.com/Cardi-b-wap-lyrics:laugh: Joe loves Cardi

A Timeline of Jason Aldean’s Controversies: Blackface and Confederate Flags

October 2015: Aldean wears blackface for Halloween

[FONT=&]Jason Aldean had already logged two Number One and several multi-platinum albums by 2015, the year he decided to dress as Lil Wayne for Halloween, according to The Guardian. His costume included a red bandana, a wig of braided hair, and blackface.

Nearly a year later, the singer offered a qualified apology to anyone who found it “disrespectful” in a Billboard interview. “Me doing that had zero malicious intent,” he said. “I get that race is a touchy subject, but not everybody is that way. Media tends to make a big deal out of things. If that was disrespectful to anyone, I by all means apologize. That was never my intention.”

[/FONT]

2015 – 2019: Aldean wears a Confederate flag shirt onstage

[FONT=&]As Americans have taken stock of their country’s past and the generational trauma that has lasted since the Civil War, more and more people have recognized the Confederate flag as a symbol of racism, oppression, and support of slavery. In 2015 — in the wake of the racially motivated mass shooting in Charleston, South Carolina — several musicians who had previously used the symbol on their merchandise, calling it an emblem of Southern pride, changed their minds and removed them.

Aldean nevertheless continued wearing the flag, which was part of a Hank Williams Jr. T-shirt; the image has been floating around online since 2018, according to a TinEye search. That same year, a purportedly official Aldean tour shirt that included the Confederate flag was available to purchase online. He also wore an Alabama shirt with a Confederate flag on it in 2019. News reports from 2015 and from 2017 suggest his association with the flag goes back years earlier.[/FONT]

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/timeline-jason-aldean-controversies-blackface-204636813.html

Guano, do your self a favor, never attend one of his concerts. Now, go grab a Bud Light and sit on your front porch shouting at kids on your lawn.

If you are not from our town we will be violent to you and won’t wait for the police to deal with legal protests such as burning a flag

They are calling for hate of black people and killing them in the street

Did he show any clips of J/6 crimes?

Nope

Those racist crimes were fine with these “good ole boys”

Guano, don't you find it interesting how the barking moonbat lefties can screech about this song and history? I wonder if they are singing that tune while they are tearing down statues and monuments that remind us of history while putting up statutes of St. George of Floyd that thug that held a gun to a woman's belly and threatened to kill her.
Even a fake Jew ought to cring at that bit of hypocrisy.

Trouble with your analogy is the "torn down" statues and monuments were tributes to a civic order that embraced legal slavery which in no way implies approval of protestors who break the law. Even a fake social critic ought to see that.

Last edited:
If you are not from our town we will be violent to you and won’t wait for the police to deal with legal protests such as burning a flag

They are calling for hate of black people and killing them in the street

Did he show any clips of J/6 crimes?

Nope

Those racist crimes were fine with these “good ole boys”

Are you okay with flag burning even if it is legal? Only one person here talks about killing people more than you do so I'm surprised these lyrics bother you...

You and white trash Jason Aldean are going into the dustbin of history

But as I keep trying to educate you,.....You will be in that dustbin LONG before any White people are. The Hispanics dominate you now and it gets no better in the future. Good luck with all that. ;)

Merle Haggard lived to regret what ended up being his legacy SWAN Song- Okie From Muskogee.

It was also a song that made Merle Haggard very popular with Redneck Republicans! The Redneck Republicans sucked it up, like hogs slopping a trough!

Richard Nixon jumped on it, like a fly on SHit, and invited Merle to come to the White House numerous times to sing it live.

It also divided his fans and he lost about half of them. He learned to regret that song, and regretted how his song was being used politically to divide not just his fans but the people of the nation and even around the world. He later admitted he was stupid for writing such a redneck song and creating all the political controversy and divisions the song caused. By the 80's Merle said he had already completely changed his thoughts and opinions in 180 degrees, about ever single line he wrote in that song.

Although this song crossed the charts even into the rock and roll top 40, and was his most popular song ever.

But one that Merle Haggard lived to regret, ended up being ashamed of writing it, and wished it could be removed from his legacy altogether.

Last edited:
That in a Small Town' video

Trump threw his support behind country star Jason Aldean, joining a growing list of Republicans.
The former president's support came after CMT pulled Aldean's "Try That In A Small Town" video.
Aldean has defended the video which was filmed at the site of a 1927 lynching.

According to multiple reports, CMT pulled the music video for Aldean's "Try That In A Small Town" earlier this week. The network has not expanded on the decision, but critics pointed out that it was filmed in front of the Maury County Courthouse in Columbia, Tennessee, the site of the 1927 lynching of Henry Choate, a Black teenager.

Aldean has defended his song and video in the face of criticism. The video depicts images of Black Lives Matter protests and other unrest being projected on the building as Aldean warns of what would happen if similar scenes happen in small-town America.

"Well, try that in a small town," Aldean sings. "See how far ya make it down the road. Around here, we take care of our own. You cross that line, it won't take long. For you to find out, I recommend you don't."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...f?cvid=35038b452dd64fc98afe0d903c3afec6&ei=14

Thanks Terrorist.

I don't like country music, but I just bought the song.

Need to support decent Americans.

Jason Aldean’s Try That in a Small Town sums up the delusions of the right wing

Perhaps you’re wondering which quaint small town Aldean grew up in. The answer is: he didn’t. Aldean is from Macon, Georgia – a city with a population of about 153,000 people. Now he lives in Nashville, a city with a population of approximately 700,000. The small town he’s singing about is a product of his imagination.

But that’s conservatives for you. Last month Nikki Haley tweeted about how much better the US used to be back in the days before marginalized people had rights. “Do you remember when you were growing up, do you remember how simple life was, how easy it felt? It was about faith, family, and country,” she tweeted.

Was the past really that easy for the former South Carolina governor? By her own admission things have got a hell of a lot better for people who, like her, aren’t 100% white. “Years ago I was disqualified from a pageant because they didn’t know whether to put me in the white category or the black,” she wrote on Facebook in 2012. “I was neither. Tonight I watched my daughter get first place in her school pageant. God has an amazing way of bringing things full circle.” God also has an amazing away of depriving people like Haley of self-awareness.

Aldean’s song doesn’t just epitomize manufactured rightwing nostalgia, it also encapsulates rightwing paranoia. People on the right are obsessed with the idea that big cities are violent hotbeds of crime where you risk your life every time you nip out for a pint of milk. In reality, however, big cities tend to be safer than small towns. A 2013 study by the University of Pennsylvania, for example, found the risk of death from an injury was more than 20% higher in rural small towns than in larger cities. “Cars, guns and drugs are the unholy trinity causing the majority of injury deaths in the US” one of the researchers told NBC News at the time.

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...an-try-that-in-a-small-town-rightwing-embrace

Merle Haggard lived to regret what ended up being his legacy SWAN Song- Okie From Muskogee.

It was also a song that made Merle Haggard very popular with Redneck Republicans!

It also divided his fans and he lost about half of them. He learned to regret that song, and regretted how his song was being used to divide not just his fans but the people of the nation and even around the world. He later admitted he was stupid for writing such a redneck song and creating all the political controversy and divisions the song caused.

Although this song crossed the charts even into the rock and roll top 40, and was his most popular song ever.

But one that Merle Haggard lived to regret, ended up being ashamed of writing it, and wished it could be removed from his legacy altogether.

Sounds like a story you just made up.

Jason Aldean’s Try That in a Small Town sums up the delusions of the right wing

Perhaps you’re wondering which quaint small town Aldean grew up in. The answer is: he didn’t. Aldean is from Macon, Georgia – a city with a population of about 153,000 people. Now he lives in Nashville, a city with a population of approximately 700,000. The small town he’s singing about is a product of his imagination.

But that’s conservatives for you. Last month Nikki Haley tweeted about how much better the US used to be back in the days before marginalized people had rights. “Do you remember when you were growing up, do you remember how simple life was, how easy it felt? It was about faith, family, and country,” she tweeted.

Was the past really that easy for the former South Carolina governor? By her own admission things have got a hell of a lot better for people who, like her, aren’t 100% white. “Years ago I was disqualified from a pageant because they didn’t know whether to put me in the white category or the black,” she wrote on Facebook in 2012. “I was neither. Tonight I watched my daughter get first place in her school pageant. God has an amazing way of bringing things full circle.” God also has an amazing away of depriving people like Haley of self-awareness.

Aldean’s song doesn’t just epitomize manufactured rightwing nostalgia, it also encapsulates rightwing paranoia. People on the right are obsessed with the idea that big cities are violent hotbeds of crime where you risk your life every time you nip out for a pint of milk. In reality, however, big cities tend to be safer than small towns. A 2013 study by the University of Pennsylvania, for example, found the risk of death from an injury was more than 20% higher in rural small towns than in larger cities. “Cars, guns and drugs are the unholy trinity causing the majority of injury deaths in the US” one of the researchers told NBC News at the time.

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...an-try-that-in-a-small-town-rightwing-embrace

Oh look, you Nazis are trying to Cancel Aldean.

Go fuck yourself, Hamas bitch.

No

Just the ones who talk about beating up black people for hating racism

So every video ever filmed in Alabama means they support slavery.

Because back in the 1800s Alabama supported slavery.

Who cares where he filmed this video.

Every place on the planet has a history.

That in a Small Town' video

Trump threw his support behind country star Jason Aldean, joining a growing list of Republicans.
The former president's support came after CMT pulled Aldean's "Try That In A Small Town" video.
Aldean has defended the video which was filmed at the site of a 1927 lynching.

According to multiple reports, CMT pulled the music video for Aldean's "Try That In A Small Town" earlier this week. The network has not expanded on the decision, but critics pointed out that it was filmed in front of the Maury County Courthouse in Columbia, Tennessee, the site of the 1927 lynching of Henry Choate, a Black teenager.

Aldean has defended his song and video in the face of criticism. The video depicts images of Black Lives Matter protests and other unrest being projected on the building as Aldean warns of what would happen if similar scenes happen in small-town America.

"Well, try that in a small town," Aldean sings. "See how far ya make it down the road. Around here, we take care of our own. You cross that line, it won't take long. For you to find out, I recommend you don't."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...f?cvid=35038b452dd64fc98afe0d903c3afec6&ei=14

Of course he does, probably will become a standard at his pep rallies, the Trumpkins just love thinking they live in Mayberry when in reality they grow old in Pleasantvilles and their gated communities

Back