Trump Says "Charge overseas oligarchs not American citizens"

I couldn't find any reportage whatsoever that was honest. This is a truly amazing idea, but judging by the completely horrified reactions by the America-hating media, they realize it as well.

Let's let tariffs fund our government and leave We the People to keep what we earn.

I'm onboard with that.

If tariffs won't quite cover the entirety of the welfare state, I suppose we could let go of the welfare state. There's plenty of charity to pick up the slack.

I couldn't find any reportage whatsoever that was honest. This is a truly amazing idea, but judging by the completely horrified reactions by the America-hating media, they realize it as well.

Let's let tariffs fund our government and leave We the People to keep what we earn.

I'm onboard with that.

If tariffs won't quite cover the entirety of the welfare state, I suppose we could let go of the welfare state. There's plenty of charity to pick up the slack.
this was done prior to the creation of the INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE.

it would be the second American Renaissance.

American people power and ingenuity would flourish. Our traitor oligarchs have been sidelining us in preferring overseas slave labor and telling us become a "post industrial consumer society" is a reasonable thing.

As originally adopted, the Constitution allowed a national legislature to impose tariffs and coin money while collecting excises and levying taxes—either directly on property or indirectly on imports, exports and consumption. In practice the federal treasury got by for the most part on tariff duties, supplemented by loans. Between 1790 and 1820, custom duties accounted for up to 90 percent of government income. At various points there were taxes on land, slaves, houses, whiskey and carriages, depending on circumstances (e.g., the need to build a U.S. Navy in 1798, the War of 1812, the Mexican War). The American Civil War brought on the first income tax in 1861 and the formation of the Bureau of Internal Revenue, under Commissioner George Boutwell, to enforce it—and it proved more effective in financing the war effort than the Confederacy’s reliance on voluntary state support and its issuance of more paper whose worth swiftly depreciated virtually as fast as the ink dried. The Gilded Age saw a reversion to tariffs as the primary source, but a growing inequity between the burden they put on every American—mostly not well-to-do—who bought anything compared to those making ,millions led to proposals of another progressive income tax in 1894 and its ultimate revival in 1916, as the prospect of American participation in World War I loomed. The emergence of the United States as a world power, especially in the wake of World War II, has kept the federal income tax in effect ever since.

The corporations of the early days of the republic were very different beasts than those of today. They seem to have been creatures of government — or at least of politicians — right?

A: That’s right. Americans inherited the legal form of the corporation from Britain, where it was bestowed as a royal privilege on certain institutions or, more often, used to organize municipal governments. Just after the Revolution, new state legislators had to decide what to do about these charters. They could abolish them entirely, or find a way to democratize them and make them compatible with the spirit of independence and the structure of the federal republic. They chose the latter. So the first American corporations end up being cities and schools, along with some charitable organizations.

We don’t really begin to see economic enterprises chartered as corporations until the 1790s. Some are banks, others are companies that were going to build canals, turnpikes, and bridges — infrastructure projects that states did not have the money to build themselves. Citizens petitioned legislators for a corporate charter, and if a critical mass of political pressure could build in a capital, they got an act of incorporation. It specified their capitalization limitations, limited their lifespan, and dictated the boundaries of their operations and functions.
I should add, too, that as part of this effort to democratize corporations, state charters specifically spelled out how shareholder elections were to be conducted to choose directors. Corporations were supposed to resemble small republics, with directors balancing interests among shareholders. When they printed material or conducted correspondence, it was usually in the name of the “President, Directors, and Shareholders of the X Company.”

A couple months ago the Supreme Court ruled that restricting corporate political spending amounted to restricting free speech. In this view, corporations are pretty much equivalent to people. Would that have seemed reasonable to the Founding Fathers?

In a word, no.

The United States. Did you not know that there was no IRS when the country was founded and flourished?
The USA started as a modern economy? Wow, that is amazing. I had heard that we were an agrarian economy, with slavery in major parts of the country. It is neat that you have discovered that is all a lie.

Do you know what is required to manufacture here? We let the plants go. We stopped building the supporting infrastructure. The apprenticeship schools are gone. Just saying things does not make them true or possible. The head of GE said we wished he could get his plants on barges and move them where the best deals are. We are not even the best market anymore. China and India are bigger untapped markets. The changes have been made and you cannot return.
It will get fixed quick with this sea change in incentives.
:truestory:

The USA started as a modern economy?
Quibbling.. You asked for an example of a modern country where it worked, and I gave you the example of the United States, which is a modern country where it worked to great success.

You specified "worked" which is the past tense. Funding the government with tariffs "worked" for the United States, a modern country.

This is the point where you say "thank you."

Quibbling.. You asked for an example of a modern country where it worked, and I gave you the example of the United States, which is a modern country where it worked to great success.

You specified "worked" which is the past tense. Funding the government with tariffs "worked" for the United States, a modern country.

This is the point where you say "thank you."
The United States stayed what would be considered a fourth world nation with that system, and only became a first world nation with normal taxes.

Your system would set us back to a pre-industrial economy. Look at the parts of the world that have that.

The United States stayed what would be considered a fourth world nation with that system, and only became a first world nation with normal taxes.

Your system would set us back to a pre-industrial economy. Look at the parts of the world that have that.
word games.

globalization fanaticism is stupid.

we need the antidote for now, so stfu and get on the MAGA train.

so an agricultural economy?

that's perfectly fine too.

but we can do it all.

and we have 1000 years of oil in our territory.

all we need to do is expel the globalist traitor anti-humans from policy decisions.

no "retribution", just a polite but firm "no" to all their globalist shit.

Back