U.S. Says Iran Has Enough Material for Nuclear Bomb

Thanks to Trump. He pulled out of the nuke deal that kept Iran from nukes because Obama made the deal. His childish jealousy has made the world a more dangerous place.

Israel has been attacked by Iran most of the last 60 years. True, Iran does it via terrorist organizations that it funds, but nonetheless Isarel has been under attack by them.

The propaganda machine funded by petro dollars in the ME has created this idiocy that people like you then espouse as fact. When you make statements that Israel wants to "wipe Iran off the map" and then are unable to back that up with anything to prove it, you act the pawn perpetuating the lie.

Israel in maintaining an aggressive posture against a nation whose leaders have stated, and quite publically so, that they want to annihilate Israel, (wipe them off the map) should be expected!

If you can't back up a claim, then don't make it.

yeah, ever since they kicked the Palestinians out of their homes and treated them like pariahs. Hard to believe some took that as an affront.

How did Obama's 'deal' keep Iran from making a nuke?

They agreed to not seek a bomb. They were monitored and inspected. They actually trashed equipment that could be used for a bomb and removed many, many centrifuges. The nations involved had access to their land and nuke sites.

They agreed to not seek a bomb. They were monitored and inspected. They actually trashed equipment that could be used for a bomb and removed many, many centrifuges. The nations involved had access to their land and nuke sites.

So? All monitoring and inspections had to be pre-arranged well in advance and there were no surprise or spot inspections. The Iranians had to agree to the timing and date of such inspections and not all Iranian nuclear facilities were inspectable.

The Iranians agreed to get rid of essentially worn out and obsolete equipment. They could still conduct missile testing for a delivery system.

Depending on who you want to believe, Iran was somewhere between slowed down in getting a nuclear weapon by this deal, and has already stockpiled sufficient uranium, and possibly plutonium too, to manufacture several nuclear weapons. Their ballistic missile program has developed a reasonably accurate and reliable IRBM.

So? All monitoring and inspections had to be pre-arranged well in advance and there were no surprise or spot inspections. The Iranians had to agree to the timing and date of such inspections and not all Iranian nuclear facilities were inspectable.

The Iranians agreed to get rid of essentially worn out and obsolete equipment. They could still conduct missile testing for a delivery system.

Depending on who you want to believe, Iran was somewhere between slowed down in getting a nuclear weapon by this deal, and has already stockpiled sufficient uranium, and possibly plutonium too, to manufacture several nuclear weapons. Their ballistic missile program has developed a reasonably accurate and reliable IRBM.

Anything they need their new friends China and Russia will help with.

Story here

<snip>WASHINGTON — The United States now believes that Iran has amassed enough uranium that with further purification could be used to build an atomic bomb, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff declared Sunday.<snip>

This post is from March 2009, 15 years ago.

People have been claiming for 30 years that Iran is right on the cusp of building a nuclear weapon

This post is from March 2009, 15 years ago.

People have been claiming for 30 years that Iran is right on the cusp of building a nuclear weapon

And, it's likely they are. There are obviously good reasons for Iran to wait to actually produce and demonstrate they have a weapon ready. Israel says they have nukes but have never set one off. Do you believe them?

Once you have sufficiently enriched uranium in sufficient quantity, or plutonium in sufficient quantity, building a bomb isn't difficult. It's getting the material for it that is.

Iran has been enriching uranium for decades, far longer than it took the US in the Manhattan project with inferior technology to do it. There is every reason to believe they have the material they need but simply haven't demonstrated that they have a bomb--same as Israel.

And, it's likely they are. There are obviously good reasons for Iran to wait to actually produce and demonstrate they have a weapon ready. Israel says they have nukes but have never set one off. Do you believe them?

Once you have sufficiently enriched uranium in sufficient quantity, or plutonium in sufficient quantity, building a bomb isn't difficult. It's getting the material for it that is.

Iran has been enriching uranium for decades, far longer than it took the US in the Manhattan project with inferior technology to do it. There is every reason to believe they have the material they need but simply haven't demonstrated that they have a bomb--same as Israel.

People like you tried to convince me that Saddam Hussein was armed to the teeth with WMD and on the verge of acquiring nuclear weapons.

I didn't fall for it then, and I'm not falling for it when the same people make the same claims about Iran.

Under Obama we had IAEA inspectors on the ground in Iran to monitor their activities

People like you tried to convince me that Saddam Hussein was armed to the teeth with WMD and on the verge of acquiring nuclear weapons.

I didn't fall for it then, and I'm not falling for it when the same people make the same claims about Iran.

Under Obama we had IAEA inspectors on the ground in Iran to monitor their activities

I figured he has chemical weapons. That made sense since he used them widely in his war with Iran. That's the only "WMD" which I don't see as a WMD because of their relative ineffectiveness. He certainly didn't have any nuclear weapons as he had no means to make the materials for one.

There was good reason in Saddam's case to suspect he was hiding chemical weapons from inspection based on his prior use of them.

The so is the deal ended Iran's attempt to make a bomb. Some of us think that is a big deal. After Daffy Donald all by himself broke the deal, Iran still did not resume working on a bomb. They waited a few months hoping someone would rekindle it.
We know who you want to believe. Obama ended the threat and what we have now is Trump's fault.

The so is the deal ended Iran's attempt to make a bomb. Some of us think that is a big deal. After Daffy Donald all by himself broke the deal, Iran still did not resume working on a bomb. They waited a few months hoping someone would rekindle it.
We know who you want to believe. Obama ended the threat and what we have now is Trump's fault.

Prove it. Nobody else could, including the inspectors when the treaty was quasi in force. Obama bought into the absurd idea that a theocratic dictatorship would actually act honestly rather than in their own interests.

I figured he has chemical weapons. That made sense since he used them widely in his war with Iran. That's the only "WMD" which I don't see as a WMD because of their relative ineffectiveness. He certainly didn't have any nuclear weapons as he had no means to make the materials for one.

There was good reason in Saddam's case to suspect he was hiding chemical weapons from inspection based on his prior use of them.

In fact, German companies sold the chemical weapons to Saddam and he used them up. We also knew he did not have nukes. https://www.newsweek.com/2015/05/29/dick-cheneys-biggest-lie-333097.html Do rightys ever question whether Trump, Bush, and other rightys are telling them the truth or not? The answer is they are lying to you.

Last edited:
Back