U.S. soldier uses Quran for target practice; military apologizes

Not every veteran or soldier is a respectful person dispite what Sean Hannity might say.
And what is the point of that statement, other than to rag on Hannity?

That does not excuse disrespect - especially of the kind shown by shooting a Quoran.

A person may not be or feel respectful in their thoughts; but if they were under my command they damned well SHOWED the respect in their actions that was expected of them.

Actually, it was to rag on Hannity and Hannity like people. I feel Hannityish people put great verterans in the same category as the ones who kill and rape innocent women and children and I think that is very disrespectful. Usually on chat forums, Hannityish people stand up for disgraceful soldiers like that and it angers me.

Actually, it was to rag on Hannity and Hannity like people. I feel Hannityish people put great verterans in the same category as the ones who kill and rape innocent women and children and I think that is very disrespectful. Usually on chat forums, Hannityish people stand up for disgraceful soldiers like that and it angers me.

:eek:
Hannityish People..

So because I disagreed with Gunny.........

About how the Staff Sgt should be handled in the target practice of the Quran...this somehow relates to me and other vets who disagree about procedure..as being rapist and killers of women and children and disrespectful!

and by the way I do not listen to Hannity nor Rush...:rolleyes:

I wasn't comparing you and the Quran shooting soldiers to the rapists and murderers. I just brought it up to attack lunatics that might be here.

I think that GL has hit upon it the best, but it has to be reiterated, this act places ALL american service members at greater risk. Unfortunately, American's don't seem to understand the idea that radical Moslems are great at making the argument for guilt by association. This act has the very real possibility of motivating attacks against ALL soldiers for the stupidity of one.

Perhaps the Koran shooter was one of those violent felons the military are accdepting now.
Who knows, but our enlistment standards have dropped.

I think that GL has hit upon it the best, but it has to be reiterated, this act places ALL american service members at greater risk. Unfortunately, American's don't seem to understand the idea that radical Moslems are great at making the argument for guilt by association. This act has the very real possibility of motivating attacks against ALL soldiers for the stupidity of one.
That is my base reason that would cause me to recommend a general court if it were my command.

A second reason is what happens with other soldiers who simply want to be sent home? There is a bunch of them, considering the troop morale for this war iss little better than that seen in Viet Nam. People were putting holes in their own legs (or worse) to get sent home.

This dough head gets sent home, but nothing else happens? Gonna be seeing bullet holes in Quorans all over the place. And since precedence has been set, it would be difficult to prosecute others when the first was not.

That is my base reason that would cause me to recommend a general court if it were my command.

A second reason is what happens with other soldiers who simply want to be sent home? There is a bunch of them, considering the troop morale for this war iss little better than that seen in Viet Nam. People were putting holes in their own legs (or worse) to get sent home.

This dough head gets sent home, but nothing else happens? Gonna be seeing bullet holes in Quorans all over the place. And since precedence has been set, it would be difficult to prosecute others when the first was not.
Wow Point 2 NEVER even occurred to me and it is much easier, and less painfull, to shoot the Koran than shoot your own foot.

Back