Unions

• Thread starter Thread starter Guns Guns Guns
  • Start date Start date
Depends on the industry, experience, etc. But right now the auto industry is around $70-85 dollars and hours when you factor in benefits. So in a 40 hour work week that'd be around $3000. Like I said, I'm factoring in benefits and not deducting taxes, so actual take home is less. Now if you wanted to see skilled labor wages, that's a whole other ball of wax.

Billy must be drunk again. What a surprise.

Q: Do auto workers really make more than $70 per hour?
A: No. That figure is derived from what the auto companies pay in wages, health, retirement and other benefits, and includes the cost of providing benefits to retirees.

http://www.factcheck.org/2008/12/auto-worker-salaries/

Billy must be drunk again. What a surprise.

Q: Do auto workers really make more than $70 per hour?
A: No. That figure is derived from what the auto companies pay in wages, health, retirement and other benefits, and includes the cost of providing benefits to retirees.

http://www.factcheck.org/2008/12/auto-worker-salaries/

My question, which I must stress was not intended to elicit an answer, was to show that if the American economy shrinks and the Chinese economy was to continue its present growth America might become the ideal replacement candidate for out sourcing. So it is the $70.00 which is significant for that is what it would cost be to outsource to the US.
Don't worry, it won't happen for a long long time! When you get down to about $120 per week, we might be able to cut a deal! $70 bucks total isn't a lot though, when and if I work I would charge $55-$60 of your dollars and wouldn't leave my home. But I would never work more than 4 or 5 hours/day absolute max. otherwise they would try to tax me!!

My question, which I must stress was not intended to elicit an answer, was to show that if the American economy shrinks and the Chinese economy was to continue its present growth America might become the ideal replacement candidate for out sourcing. So it is the $70.00 which is significant for that is what it would cost be to outsource to the US.
Don't worry, it won't happen for a long long time! When you get down to about $120 per week, we might be able to cut a deal! $70 bucks total isn't a lot though, when and if I work I would charge $55-$60 of your dollars and wouldn't leave my home. But I would never work more than 4 or 5 hours/day absolute max. otherwise they would try to tax me!!
Well when China has the trained industrial capacity for skilled labor (not line workers), then you will be paying about the same.

Read it again, Mittens.
So you lied. Ok.

So how does that climb to more than $70? Add in benefits: life insurance, health care, pension and so on. But not just the benefits that the current workers actually receive – after all, it’s pretty rare for the value of a benefits package to add up to more than wages paid, even with a really, really good health plan in place. What’s causing the number to balloon is the cost of providing benefits to tens of thousands of retired auto workers and their surviving spouses.
Retirement is a benefit.

Well when China has the trained industrial capacity for skilled labor (not line workers), then you will be paying about the same.
Indeed. That day is rapidly approaching. It is the governments policy now to encourage local product development and branding. Here's a snippet from Bloomberg, the rest is readily available:

This little tale neatly sums up the story of China's emerging brands today. Tremendous excitement about the brands, but a good dose of fear about their staying power. Global business executives are certainly agog at the prospect that the next stage of China's superfast development will be the establishment of power brands in everything from retailing to white goods to autos and more -- brands strong enough both to dominate at home and thrive overseas. "They are definitely going global," says Glen Murphy, the Shanghai-based managing director of ACNielsen in China. "With their resources and production base, they are large enough to reach out to the world."

If I was an American entrepreneur, I doubt that I could do much better than get an exclusive distributorship deal or two in the bag.

Indeed. That day is rapidly approaching. It is the governments policy now to encourage local product development and branding. Here's a snippet from Bloomberg, the rest is readily available:

This little tale neatly sums up the story of China's emerging brands today. Tremendous excitement about the brands, but a good dose of fear about their staying power. Global business executives are certainly agog at the prospect that the next stage of China's superfast development will be the establishment of power brands in everything from retailing to white goods to autos and more -- brands strong enough both to dominate at home and thrive overseas. "They are definitely going global," says Glen Murphy, the Shanghai-based managing director of ACNielsen in China. "With their resources and production base, they are large enough to reach out to the world."

If I was an American entrepreneur, I doubt that I could do much better than get an exclusive distributorship deal or two in the bag.
Then of course you are aware that the same afflictions we face today will affect China in the near future. Except that we have the capacity to be (relatively) self sufficient.

Then of course you are aware that the same afflictions we face today will affect China in the near future. Except that we have the capacity to be (relatively) self sufficient.

One of the PRCs policies at present is exactly that, to become more self sufficient. They are well aware that they will face difficulties as costs increase and global markets either decline or become more competetive. The country is not run by idiots, we may not like them, we may despise all they stand for, but they know what they are doing (at the moment).
They have one huge advantage over the west. They have, basically, no opposition to their economic plans. All roads are investigated all pitfalls are considered long, long before anything is announced to the public or the press. So far they are doing things right. If they want to build a high speed railway between A and B, they do it. Simple. They do their best to compensate people they move, but often the compensation is woefully inadequate or pocketed by minor officials who face the death sentence if caught. The country knows that it is far more likely than not that the nation will benefit in the long term.
Watch how an ant hill is built and consider how many ants sacrifice themselves to the ant hill.
So, like it or not, by hook or by crook, the PRC will outperform every other economy within a generation. Personally I find that rather disturbing. All we will do is substitute China for the US.
Perhaps then, if we all survive, those who think I hate America will suddenly join me, for it is not America I despise but stupid, mindless bullies and if the PRC follows past patterns of super powers there will be plenty to fight.

Back