US cities may have to be bulldozed in order to survive

USFREEDOM911

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN
US cities may have to be bulldozed in order to survive.

I wonder why this is being ignored, seeing as how this is really change.
Maybe we couild ask the Chinese to show us how this is done; seeing as how they make forced moves, of their citizens, all the times.
And then when they protest the move, they get to shot them.

I heard about this the other day...We will be so lucky to get to live in dormitory housing from what I saw in the article..

I read that article too it was in China.
You must have some good drugs.

wrong, it was about here in the Us...if they deem a town dead, they want to move the rest of people who live there into dormatory housing near a big city, so they don't have to pay to maintain a dead town...don't forget it's the "GOVERNMENTS" money who is paying for your town..well according to the Obama, anyway. we all need to be in one place so they can control us subjects..

The radical experiment is the brainchild of Dan Kildee, treasurer of Genesee County, which includes Flint.

Yep like the treasurer of one county is going to spearhead this :)

There are elves walking upside down inside this hollow earth. Run for your lives they will eat your children!

Thanks for the link.

I've got mixed feelings on this: on the one hand, it makes sense: since people are leaving areas for "greener pastures" (economically speaking), I can see putting some nature back into the area rather than just leave a wasteland of decaying buildings and other infrastructure.

On the other hand, I've always been frustrated by the unwillingness of the private and public center to make the effort to keep urban areas vital. Case in point, here in New York City you've had buildings that had been abandoned for years. People labeled "squatters" moved in and collectively renovated the buildings. All they needed was running electricity and water...the petitioned the city to have their renovations inspected by professionals and said they would pay utility rates. Instead, the city threw them out, and instead of punishing the negligent landlords, allowed them sell the ownership to businesses that turned the buildings into residency for yuppies.

Why can't we have both? Decent rents for working people, and buildings/infrastructure thats ecologically and ergonomically sound? Maybe I'm asking for too much, but given the offered alternatives, is my question that far fetched?

good thoughtful post.

I guess some think we should just leave the abandoned decaying areas as is?

I've had discussions with folk of that mindset...who believe that when the economy rights itself, developers and residents will come back and revitalize these areas. Thing is, that process is not as prevelent as imagined. To use what I know as yet another example: In Manhattan, New York during the early 1980's we had the "gentrification" wars. This was landlords raising their rents to attract the white collar yuppie crowd....in effect turning Manhattan into a sort of kingdom....where the serving class commuted in, worked, and left...while the owners, middle and upper management had all the great restaurants, shops, clubs, etc., to themselves (serviced by more commuters). This is all well and good until Wall St. goes south, and then all those yuppies can't afford to live in those apartments....and you have a LOT of empty apartments, and landlords going through all types of financial coniptions.

The radical experiment is the brainchild of Dan Kildee, treasurer of Genesee County, which includes Flint.

Yep like the treasurer of one county is going to spearhead this :)

There are elves walking upside down inside this hollow earth. Run for your lives they will eat your children!

You should have really read more; but I don't mind helping.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/financetopics/financialcrisis/5516536/US-cities-may-have-to-be-bulldozed-in-order-to-survive.html

Having outlined his strategy to Barack Obama during the election campaign, Mr Kildee has now been approached by the US government and a group of charities who want him to apply what he has learnt to the rest of the country.

Mr Kildee said he will concentrate on 50 cities, identified in a recent study by the Brookings Institution, an influential Washington think-tank, as potentially needing to shrink substantially to cope with their declining fortunes.

You should have really read more; but I don't mind helping.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/financetopics/financialcrisis/5516536/US-cities-may-have-to-be-bulldozed-in-order-to-survive.html

Having outlined his strategy to Barack Obama during the election campaign, Mr Kildee has now been approached by the US government and a group of charities who want him to apply what he has learnt to the rest of the country.

Mr Kildee said he will concentrate on 50 cities, identified in a recent study by the Brookings Institution, an influential Washington think-tank, as potentially needing to shrink substantially to cope with their declining fortunes.

I read that too. I just do not believe the article is fully correct. The brookings institute may have identified cities in a shrinking phase, but are they working with the county treasurer?
How much of this is actual and how much hyperbole from the county treasurer or the writer of the article? I will wait for more sources to determine the accuracy of this article.

I could likely obtain the same info from the brookings institute.

Back