Vaccines

Isn't Jersey the one that wants to force shots on all kids?

Hopefully people take note of articles like this and stop the foolishness of forcing vaccines that can do just as much harm as good.

im pretty much convinced that some kids are susceptible based on genetics in there digestive systems of developing autism as a result of a shock or overload to there system from vaccines.

i think its great that cnn is embracing autism awareness month.

Hopefully people take note of articles like this and stop the foolishness of forcing vaccines that can do just as much harm as good.

yep.. and i would not do it. i would flat out forge a document or move.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/04/02/mccarthy.autsimtreatment/index.html

http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/conditions/03/24/autism.vaccines/index.html

I wonder what the implications of the latest uproar will be in states like mine that seem to be giving Pharmeceuticals money hand over fist

I found this particularly interesting and important: (from the first link)

"We take into account that some children have reactions to medicines like penicillin, for example, yet when it comes to vaccines we are operating as if our kids have a universal tolerance for them. We are acting like ONE SIZE FITS ALL. That is, at the very least, a huge improbability."

Makes a lot of sense. When we find ourselves in a situation where veterinarians have stopped giving annual shots to our pets because they've been found to be harmful and unnecessary after the first ones (all shots, not just rabies!) why would we think that similar problems wouldn't arise in our children and ourselves?

Hey now let the market decide. Free market remember. The drug companies need free speech to make their point :rolleyes:

well for once the information thats been know by parents of autistic children Is finally getting into mainstream media. .. unfortunately not learned by them until after they research it and stop denial.

tell your friends of child bearing age.. you can prevent this. there is alternative vaccination schedules that cut out the unnecessary ones and spread them out so no overdoses.

I don't know, in the debate as to who is correct, emotional parents reacting to their childrens' diagnosis of autism and scientists studying whether vaccines cause autism I tend to come down on the side of the scientists: Vaccines don't cause autism.

Further, suggesting that vaccines "cause just as much harm as good" as SF does up there is just plain stupid.

"We take into account that some children have reactions to medicines like penicillin, for example, yet when it comes to vaccines we are operating as if our kids have a universal tolerance for them. We are acting like ONE SIZE FITS ALL. That is, at the very least, a huge improbability."

Makes a lot of sense. When we find ourselves in a situation where veterinarians have stopped giving annual shots to our pets because they've been found to be harmful and unnecessary after the first ones (all shots, not just rabies!) why would we think that similar problems wouldn't arise in our children and ourselves?

I have never sat down and thought about the pet vaccine thing but you are so right! I think this runs so much deeper than logic though. There's a massive epidemic going on here, but in order for it to be recognized someone will have to pay...and it seems that their funds are limitless.

I don't know, in the debate as to who is correct, emotional parents reacting to their childrens' diagnosis of autism and scientists studying whether vaccines cause autism I tend to come down on the side of the scientists: Vaccines don't cause autism.

Further, suggesting that vaccines "cause just as much harm as good" as SF does up there is just plain stupid.

READ. COMPREHEND.

I said the vaccines CAN cause more harm than good. Which is why you do not force everyone to get them. As Thorn pointed out, the odds of any vaccine being good for everyone falls somewhere between slim and none.... and slim just left.

Your slight twisting of my statement makes it an absolute rather than a chance.

yup.

Crazy isn't it.

Well the thing is scientists can't NOT prove its not the vaccines either. That they have stated as well. Scientists and the medical community DO know that it is an environmental trigger.

Good point.

You're being deliberately obtuse if you don't think there is a chance that over vaccinating your child can cause autism. If you want to take that chance with your kids, by all means, give them 30 vaccinations by the time they are two, but for those parents that would prefer to be a little more prudent, they shouldn't be forced given the testimony of so many other parents.

Secondly, did anyone read the article jenny mccarthy wrote about recovering from autism?

well for once the information thats been know by parents of autistic children Is finally getting into mainstream media. .. unfortunately not learned by them until after they research it and stop denial.

tell your friends of child bearing age.. you can prevent this. there is alternative vaccination schedules that cut out the unnecessary ones and spread them out so no overdoses.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/04/02/mccarthy.autsimtreatment/index.html

"Many people aren't aware that in the 1980s our children received only 10 vaccines by age 5, whereas today they are given 36 immunizations, most of them by age 2. With billions of pharmaceutical dollars, could it be possible that the vaccine program is becoming more of a profit engine then a means of prevention?"

If everyone stopped taking the vaccines that "do more harm than good", millions upon million of innocent children would die.

Again, like Dung, you are twisting the statement into an absolute. No one suggested that everyone stop taking the vaccines. It was suggested that the vaccines not be forced onto the kids.

Again, like Dung, you are twisting the statement into an absolute. No one suggested that everyone stop taking the vaccines. It was suggested that the vaccines not be forced onto the kids.

Or slowed down at the very least.

Back