Wages for unskilled labor.

• Thread starter Thread starter WinterBorn
  • Start date Start date
Again with the substition, I was talking total economy he was talking his own struggles.
I lived in Houston, I know very well Texas is one of the best states economically. What I said didn't contradict that brozilla.

I didn't mean to say you did.

Production was.

They were out produced by the allies at that point.

They didn't have the replacements for the tanks, planes, etc that they were making.

While they were producing more at that time than ever before, the allies were out producing them.

With better technology and replacements.

Ahh, you might want to consult your colleg history books, Germany was getting raped in late 1943.
though I do agree that republican police state tactics on the poor look very gestapo.

I was talking about their production.

Check out post 83.

Production was.

They were out produced by the allies at that point.

They didn't have the replacements for the tanks, planes, etc that they were making.

While they were producing more at that time than ever before, the allies were out producing them.

With better technology and replacements.

Not really. They didn't have the materials needed to produce half of what they needed and the constant allied bombing didn't help. They had no naval power to speak of, the Russians were cutting off their eastern supply lines, etc.

Not really. They didn't have the materials needed to produce half of what they needed and the constant allied bombing didn't help. They had no naval power to speak of, the Russians were cutting off their eastern supply lines, etc.

Maybe I should review this a little more.

I've always been led to believe that they were producing more than ever at the beginning of 1944.

Maybe I should review this a little more. I've always been led to believe that they were producing more than ever at the beginning of 1944.

Maybe the nice lady in the Special Needs department at the library will show you how to do an online search, Liability. You could ride the short bus there and back.

Maybe the nice lady in the Special Needs department at the library will show you how to do an online search, Liability. You could ride the short bus there and back.

Coming from someone who can't come up with the taxes paid by GE, and Exxon is funny.

It's time people faced reality. The days of unskilled labor commanding equitable wages are gone. If people continue to insist that unskilled labor be somehow subsidized to bring them to a specified standard of living, it will simply force employers to use technological replacements for unskilled labor. We live in a world in which unskilled labor simply has far less relative value than in the days referred to. 50 years ago there were no computers. Today computers are used to make machinery do the jobs that were formerly occupied by unskilled labor. This trend is the result of people like you who insist on artificially inflating the value of labor of all kinds. Unions, minimum wage laws, and all of those types of plans in which labor value is artificially inflated through political and/or economic pressures are the primary factor which makes it cheaper to buy an expensive machine hooked to an expensive computer to do the job of 20 unskilled laborers. Your fantasy of utopia in which people who can barely count change should command similar wages to those who spent the time and effort to learn a marketable skill is EXACTLY why unskilled labor has lost its value.

I don’t think you understand my position. The reason unskilled labor demands higher wages is because people have to live. The major reason they do not have a marketable skill is due to lack of money permitting them to learn a trade or profession. A 35 - 40 year old family supporter (male or female) can not return to school full time should they be laid off from a job. They have bills to pay.

I’m all for technology to replace people. That’s the whole idea of technology, to reduce man’s (men and women) burden.

In the past anyone who wanted to work could find a job as there was always work to be done, thus, anyone who didn’t work was considered lazy. Digging foundations, planting fields, the feeding and cleaning of livestock…..there was always something. That is not the case today, yet, many people still think the same way.

How can people see the advancements technology has brought and still think the same way? Why do they think society can operate on the principals it operated on 100 years ago?

It has nothing to do with utopia. It has to do with common sense. Technological advancements have passed our ability….well, not our ability…more like our willingness to change. Certain segments of the population have made outstanding financial gains by utilizing technology while resisting social change that should accompany technological advancement.

The primary goal of a job should be to accomplish something, not simply be a way to obtain money to live. If a machine can do a job, great! Why would anyone want to see a human being doing something that a machine can do?

Look at how automated automobile production and farming are today. Surely we don’t want to see someone doing tedious, backbreaking work just to say they have a job. It is a waste of human potential.

As a society we have to look at things in a different light.

Try using more up to date figures than the ones you pull out of the 80s. Universal health plans world wide are being scaled back because they have become too expensive to sustain.

There are all sorts of charts here for 2007. Scroll down to “Health costs, stats, charts. By nation.”
oecd_2007_health_gdp.gif
http://www.angelfire.com/rnb/y/universal.htm#stat

And other charts that might interest you. For example: Expenditure per capita. (2007)

As for countries scaling back it depends from what they’re scaling back. For example, in France the doctor makes house calls! The last time I’ve seen that here was in western movies circa the latter part of the 1800’s. HA! Or if one was Michael Jackson.

Back