Wagner Chief Attempts ‘Armed Insurrection’ in Russia: Kremlin | antiwar.com

The Russian state setting up Wagner under the fiction that it was a private company, and then installing an unstable figurehead, was an unforced error. Putin is now forced to explain it to China and the rest of Russias friends.

I find this speculation that the West played a part in this mutiny vaguely possible but unlikely. It makes sense without any Western involvement, and the West in its hubris always tends to assume that it has everything to do with everything. I do note that people I tend to find right a high percentage of the time do think that the West was likely involved, probably through the Brits.

I am increasingly grooving towards Col Tony Schaffer's speculation that Prigozhin is being allowed to live for the moment, as Russian intel figures out exactly what happened, who all was involved.

Last edited:
Not just who was involved, who knew about it before it was launched and did not take appropriate action... those people will also be out if not dead.

Maybe. One thing, I definitely think that Putin made the right decision in cutting a deal with Prigozhin. It seems all he gave Prigozhin was safe passage to Belarus and an agreement not to prosecute those who followed him in his "march for justice". Not bad, considering how much more messy the situation could have become.

I tend to doubt it, betraying the Motherland in time of war must carry substantial consequences.

I think the main issue may be the substantial consequences if Putin were to, say, order Prigozhin killed. It has to do with the integrity of one's word. From what I understand Putin said or at least implied that Prighozhin would not be harmed if he went into exile in Belarus. People can say that Putin lies all the want, but I haven't actually ever caught him in a lie. The more a person lies, the less valuable their word is, and I think Putin likes having his word being valued.

I think the main issue may be the substantial consequences if Putin were to, say, order Prigozhin killed. It has to do with the integrity of one's word. From what I understand Putin said or at least implied that Prighozhin would not be harmed if he went into exile in Belarus. People can say that Putin lies all the want, but I haven't actually ever caught him in a lie. The more a person lies, the less valuable their word is, and I think Putin likes having his word being valued.

Those who betrayed Russia in time of war against the West have very limited projected lifespans....this is not tolerated.

He ended the insurrection before it even began

Sounds pretty good to me

Wish we had a leader that strong

the one time we agree.

We had this incredibly weak guy as POTUS during our insurrection.

7qxbh9.jpg

and if instead we had this boss in charge that insurrection too would have been over before it started.

giphy.gif

Shit, Ritter too is now aboard the theory that the West was involved in the mutiny, he says that the Russians today hitting a hotel in Ukraine with a bunch of Western military inside is proof.

I read that Putin wanted to take the Wagner troops and put them under his control. He also was going to use them in parts as Putin's generals saw fit. In short, he was wrecking Wagner. I am sure Prigozin was seeing his money drying up.

Yeah, looks like Prigozhin is pretty much off the map and the part of Wagner that didn't participate in the 'march for justice' is getting assimilated into Russia's regular army. Looks like Prigozhin himself was just a henchman for someone higher up the chain to begin with, and that someone else has now probably been arrested in turn.

Do you find that the revolving door of generals, using criminal and convicted mercenaries, making a “feint” to Kyiv resulting in losing a significant portion of the most elite troops and military hardware , forgiving a mutinous leader and targeting civilians that pose no military threat that only reinforces the resolve of the invaded country, is an odd way to conduct a war special military operation ? :thinking:
Or is there some new military strategy at work here we’ve never seen before?

Last edited:
Yeah, looks like Prigozhin is pretty much off the map and the part of Wagner that didn't participate in the 'march for justice' is getting assimilated into Russia's regular army. Looks like Prigozhin himself was just a henchman for someone higher up the chain to begin with, and that someone else has now probably been arrested in turn.

At least 3/4 of Wagner, and all of the officers, did not support the mutiny.

Back