was I antiwar on Iraq or prowar?

you people change and change your names and expect everyone to remember your old names.

that problem is nonexistant with me huh

thing fucking lied

he takes rightwing positions all the time and gobbles up the right wing lies like candy

My Father, who nearly lost his job for saying that the Spanish War was the first round of the coming World War, always used to say that you get no medals for having been right. I marched with about two million others against the Iraq War, and the Bliar Government didn't even blink. We should, at a minimum, have blocked the motor-ways.

I really don't think he ever lied. He's proven himself to be an upright fellow, though we do disagree politically quite a bit. I think it is a reference to supporting Hillary when she voted to go to Iraq...though I must admit I haven't read all of the conversations. For the record I remember that you were anti going to Iraq as well. I can't remember whether you were pro Afghanistan or not.

That's the same point I disagreed with Dem's on as well. They were anti-war but gave their elected representatives a pass for voting to authorize the use of force. I even remember a few Dem's arguing that they supported that vote at the time because Bush needed leverage, but he would never use it. I don't remember Desh being one of them, but I do remember her giving the Dem's a pass after the vote because 'Bush lied'. Ehh, Sanders and Paul saw through the charade at the time at least.

That's the same point I disagreed with Dem's on as well. They were anti-war but gave their elected representatives a pass for voting to authorize the use of force. I even remember a few Dem's arguing that they supported that vote at the time because Bush needed leverage, but he would never use it. I don't remember Desh being one of them, but I do remember her giving the Dem's a pass after the vote because 'Bush lied'. Ehh, Sanders and Paul saw through the charade at the time at least.

It was a pretty cowardly vote. The Bush admin did an excellent job of shrouding the whole vote in patriotism, and framing it around showing Saddam a "unified front" to force his hand on inspections. Except that everyone knew Bush didn't care about inspections and couldn't wait to get the war going.

Those Dems who voted in favor will never get a pass from me. This is what we'll get w/ Hillary, though - she's really a lot like Bill in that respect. She won't be a bad President necessarily, but she doesn't really have a core, and she'll be politically expedient & go whichever way the wind is blowing for the most part.

if you go back and look they were given doctored intel.

how many people were talked to by close admin people or Bush and cheney themselves.

theycan SAY things to people that will never be known.

Look at what those top fuckers told us right on national TV.

they gave them doctored intel and lied in their faces.

the people who voted FOR the war(yes even other Rs) were lied to and bent toward believing their president.

lies are not the fault of the people fooled by them

they are the fault of the asshole who tells them

It was a pretty cowardly vote. The Bush admin did an excellent job of shrouding the whole vote in patriotism, and framing it around showing Saddam a "unified front" to force his hand on inspections. Except that everyone knew Bush didn't care about inspections and couldn't wait to get the war going.

Those Dems who voted in favor will never get a pass from me. This is what we'll get w/ Hillary, though - she's really a lot like Bill in that respect. She won't be a bad President necessarily, but she doesn't really have a core, and she'll be politically expedient & go whichever way the wind is blowing for the most part.

how were they to know just how evil Bush was ?

how were they to know just how evil Bush was ?

A) They never should have trusted him
B) Quit blaming the intel. Even if the intel was correct, Saddam wasn't even a threat to his immediate neighbors.

You shouldn't give them a pass. That was a politically scared vote. They didn't want to seem "unpatriotic," and a lot of people died as a result.

A) They never should have trusted him
B) Quit blaming the intel. Even if the intel was correct, Saddam wasn't even a threat to his immediate neighbors.

You shouldn't give them a pass. That was a politically scared vote. They didn't want to seem "unpatriotic," and a lot of people died as a result.

what was the wording asshole

they said they would inspect first then Bush cheesed on

what was the wording asshole

they said they would inspect first then Bush cheesed on

What was the wording of what? The resolution?

When they voted yes on that, they ceded all authority to Bush. How can you give them a pass for that? Everyone knew Bush wanted war.

with Hillary it wasn't just Iraq...anyone could be excused given the immediacy of 9-11.
I mean it's a black mark against her judgement, but if she had learned from it..OK then,,

But she didn't . she led the way on Libya ( international organizing) and was the key voice of the White House NSC -
in fact Gates said she was the deciding factor to start the bombing..

To this day she still defends the destruction of Libya by US/NATO as "smart power" And of course her stellar work in Syria....*barf*

Iraq is interesting looking back, but looking forward there is Hillary the Warhawk looming as POTUS - never learning from her mistakes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_Resolution

The resolution cited many factors as justifying the use of military force against Iraq:[3][4]
Iraq's noncompliance with the conditions of the 1991 ceasefire agreement, including interference with U.N. weapons inspectors.

Iraq "continuing to possess and develop a significant chemical and biological weapons capability" and "actively seeking a nuclear weapons capability" posed a "threat to the national security of the United States and international peace and security in the Persian Gulf region."
Iraq's "brutal repression of its civilian population."

Iraq's "capability and willingness to use weapons of mass destruction against other nations and its own people".
Iraq's hostility towards the United States as demonstrated by the 1993 assassination attempt on former President George H. W. Bush and firing on coalition aircraft enforcing the no-fly zones following the 1991 Gulf War.
Members of al-Qaeda, an organization bearing responsibility for attacks on the United States, its citizens, and interests, including the attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, are known to be in Iraq.
Iraq's "continu[ing] to aid and harbor other international terrorist organizations," including anti-United States terrorist organizations.
Iraq paid bounty to families of suicide bombers.
The efforts by the Congress and the President to fight terrorists, and those who aided or harbored them.
The authorization by the Constitution and the Congress for the President to fight anti-United States terrorism.
The governments in Turkey, Kuwait, and Saudi Arabia feared Saddam and wanted him removed from power.
Citing the Iraq Liberation Act of 1998, the resolution reiterated that it should be the policy of the United States to remove the Saddam Hussein regime and promote a democratic replacement.

The resolution "supported" and "encouraged" diplomatic efforts by President George W. Bush to "strictly enforce through the U.N. Security Council all relevant Security Council resolutions regarding Iraq" and "obtain prompt and decisive action by the Security Council to ensure that Iraq abandons its strategy of delay, evasion, and noncompliance and promptly and strictly complies with all relevant Security Council resolutions regarding Iraq."

The resolution authorized President Bush to use the Armed Forces of the United States "as he determines to be necessary and appropriate" in order to "defend the national security of the United States against the continuing threat posed by Iraq; and enforce all relevant United Nations Security Council Resolutions regarding Iraq."

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...ans-blix-saddam-hussein-inspections-more-time

Inspectors say Iraq cooperating

U.S. policy rebuked at UN council

February 15, 2003|By Howard Witt, Tribune senior correspondent.

NEW YORK — Top UN weapons experts reported Friday that Iraq was showing new signs of cooperation with inspection efforts, prompting a majority of Security Council member nations to call for giving the inspections more time to work before resorting to the use of force to disarm Saddam Hussein's regime.

The reports by chief inspectors Hans Blix and Mohamed ElBaradei, followed by strong anti-war speeches by France, Russia, China and Germany, together amounted to a sharp rebuke of the Bush administration's insistence that Hussein has failed to comply with UN disarmament demands and deserves no further chances.

Back