We bleed black and gold

christiefan915

Catalyst
This isn't news to anybody living in da 'burgh. :cry:

The black & gold blues: Steelers fans take losses the hardest in the NFL

A recent study proves what most in this city have long known: Steelers fans hate to lose.

Pittsburgh football fans are the saddest fans in the NFL after a loss, according to Michael Lewis and Manish Tripathi, two marketing professors from Emory University who published a study on the subject of fan emotions.

The duo analyzed messages posted using the social media tool Twitter after every game of the 2012 National Football League season, using an algorithm to categorize tweets as positive or negative. In the two-day window that followed Steelers losses last season, 33.1 percent of tweets from the Pittsburgh area about the team were positive, the lowest percentage of any NFL team...

If anything, the percentage might seem high to anybody who has turned on talk radio or sat in a barber shop after a Steelers loss...

"We have a lot of Steelers fans that if they lose, they'll call off work the next day," said Jim Coen, owner and founder of Yinzers in the Burgh, a sports apparel store headquartered in the Strip District. "They're very passionate about their team."

(Continued)

My heart pumps pee for Steeler fans and come Saturday night were going to give them the opportunity to bleed some more black and gold. WHO DEY!! :)

Heard that Rana....last thing I want to see is another mediocre Denver team using their altitude advantage to get home field advantage through out the playoff only to get blown out again in the SB.

Heard that Rana....last thing I want to see is another mediocre Denver team using their altitude advantage to get home field advantage through out the playoff only to get blown out again in the SB.

The fact that it was in their house made it even sweeter!

The fans are very quiet this morning! I am being nice and not taunting them! It takes a great deal of self control, lol

Last edited:
The fact that it was in their house made it even sweeter!

The fans are very quiet this morning! I am being nice and not taunting them! It takes a great del of self control, lol
I'm not worrying to much about Denver. I'm pulling for New England to lose another game so my Bengals can usurp their bye spot.

You mean people actually watch hockey!?

True story: My older brother was playing Scrabble one time and he never was the best reader or speller. In fact, he was terrible. Anyway, it was his turn and I was watching him from behind. He had the letters to spell "hockey" but hadn't seen it. Finally I couldn't stand it and pointed out to him that he could spell "hockey." He was aghast. No way would he put that on the board ... He didn't know about the game of hockey. He just thought it was another word for "crap." :). Like I said, he wasn't the sharpest crayon in the box.

You mean people actually watch hockey!?

True story: My older brother was playing Scrabble one time and he never was the best reader or speller. In fact, he was terrible. Anyway, it was his turn and I was watching him from behind. He had the letters to spell "hockey" but hadn't seen it. Finally I couldn't stand it and pointed out to him that he could spell "hockey." He was aghast. No way would he put that on the board ... He didn't know about the game of hockey. He just thought it was another word for "crap." :). Like I said, he wasn't the sharpest crayon in the box.

Well, of course watch hockey, we are right next to Canada!

Funny story! :)

My heart pumps pee for Steeler fans and come Saturday night were going to give them the opportunity to bleed some more black and gold. WHO DEY!! :)

Only a Bengals wimp would say his heart pumps pee. A Steelers fan says "my heart pumps purple piss for Bengals fans." :D

Pride goeth before a fall...

images

Back