We can't stop global warming

Nope I don't wanna. I will go with the concensus. SF I bought gold as a hedge when you still said the economy was fine. Sure glad I did not listen to ya then either.

Get a scientific degree and work in climate study for 20 years SF and I might pay some attention to ya on the subject.

Wow... that was quite pathetic.

1) Find a scientist that disagrees with any of my statements (in post #58).

2) The statistical side is quite easy and you do not need a scientific degree to see the results of the data.

3) but thank you for yet again demonstrating just how pathetic your position is on the topic.

Nope I don't wanna. I will go with the concensus. SF I bought gold as a hedge when you still said the economy was fine. Sure glad I did not listen to ya then either.

When was that? Because I have been buying gold for clients for past four years and have been encouraging people on here to do the same since last May. Also, if your senility is stopping you from recalling... I have been saying that we were sliding into a recession since that time as well.

When was that? Because I have been buying gold for clients for past four years and have been encouraging people on here to do the same since last May. Also, if your senility is stopping you from recalling... I have been saying that we were sliding into a recession since that time as well.

I think he is thinking of his fellow democrat toppy.

I just went to some graphs of gold prices, and I picked a point on the graph from last month were gold was at a peak price and took a ruler and "drew a straight line" to today's price, and it proves gold price is trending downward. The trend is down.

This is so cool to see:

This message is hidden because Superfreak is on your ignore list.

I'd recommend it for anyone who is interested in not repeating the same valid argument dozens of times...

I just went to some graphs of gold prices, and I picked a point on the graph from last month were gold was at a peak price and took a ruler and "drew a straight line" to today's price, and it proves gold price is trending downward. The trend is down.

When you look at the past month... the trend line is actually up moron. Now, you can look at multiple time frames and get different results. The longer the time frame you use, the better overall picture you get.

When you look at the past ten year time frame gold is also in an upward trend. Now if the price of gold remains at just under $1000 an ounce for the next ten years.... it will be a record ten year average for gold. But if it doesn't increase beyond the $1000 level then while it may have an record decade of pricing, but it won't see an increase in the pricing.

anybody who thinks they for sure can tell where gold is going is delusional.

In the short term, you are correct. Predicting month by month shifts is like predicting the weather.

however, when you look at the amount of fiat money being pumped into the global economy.... the inflationary pressures on gold leave a very good picture as to the direction gold will be headed over a one year plus holding period.

This is so cool to see:

I'd recommend it for anyone who is interested in not repeating the same valid argument dozens of times...

Probably a good call.

I'm pretty much done with trying to deal with a child like mentality, who thinks that its any kind of valid science to "take a ruler and draw a straight line" between two solitary data points, out of an entire massive data set.

the fact that his cheerleaders are tinfoil Asshat and battleborne says it all. Why waste my time with this crap?

This is so cool to see:

LMAO! Dude, that's pathetic. Wisdom comes through disagreement, you just need to know what triggers your anger and ignore it.

Probably a good call.

I'm pretty much done with trying to deal with a child like mentality, who thinks that its any kind of valid science to "take a ruler and draw a straight line" between two solitary data points, out of an entire massive data set.

the fact that his cheerleaders are tinfoil Asshat and battleborne says it all. Why waste my time with this crap?

LMAO @ Gumby....

The above is simply YOUR strawman attempt at trying to define my position. Moron.

I note you still haven't addressed this Cypress....

Great.... show me any one scientist that would dispute anything I have stated....

1) Global warming has occured over the past 50 years.

2) The period in the 90's saw a dramatic increase to record temperatures.

3) From 1998-2007 we saw the warmest decade on record as those record temperatures were maintained.

4) 2005 was the warmest year on record druing that warmest decade on record.

There... are you still with me? Good.

Now.... find one that will disagree that average global temperatures in 1998 and 2007 were the same.

Nope... can't do that either can you?

LMAO! Dude, that's pathetic. Wisdom comes through disagreement, you just need to know what triggers your anger and ignore it.

There is no further wisdom to be gained from threads that go well past 100 responses, with Superfreak repeating the same flawed argument over & over again, and displaying a seeming inability to listen.

I have no problem with opposing points of view, and enjoy vigorous debate from intelligent people who happen to disagree with me. There is a huge difference between that, and trying to draw a straight line between 1998 & 2007 to show that the climate stopped changing.

To be frank, how do we know either one of you is right?

To be frank...

1) We agree on 95% of what the data is showing us. The first four points in my last post I imagine both Cypress and Lorax agree with.... as does their scientific "consensus"

2) The only point they get hung up on is the fact that the average global temperature did not increase over the past decade. That is according to Goddards satellite data. If their data is wrong, then I am also wrong. But if you will note... both Cypress and Lorax continue to act as though I am ignoring all the data points in between 1998 and 2007. I am not. I recognize that the temperatures have gone up and down during that time frame. My point is on the NET change over the past decade. Which is flat. Which the data supports. Which they continue to ignore because they somehow are of the mindset that by accepting this that man must somehow not be causing global warming.

3) Hell, I even gave them an example of how man could still be causing global warming, but that a natural phenomenon could be offsetting it.... yet they ignore that as well.... because again, they are incapable of admitting what the data clearly shows us.... average global temperatures are the same as they were a decade ago.

There is no further wisdom to be gained from threads that go well past 100 responses, with Superfreak repeating the same flawed argument over & over again, and displaying a seeming inability to listen.

I have no problem with opposing points of view, and enjoy vigorous debate from intelligent people who happen to disagree with me. There is a huge difference between that, and trying to draw a straight line between 1998 & 2007 to show that the climate stopped changing.

You see DD.... the bold above is the strawman that both cling to.... completely ignoring everything else, they focus on the part where I explain to them that a trendline is ALWAYS linear... ALWAYS a straightline.

The part they cannot comprehend is that just because a trendline is linear, it doesn't mean all data points fall upon the line itself.

You see DD.... the bold above is the strawman that both cling to.... completely ignoring everything else, they focus on the part where I explain to them that a trendline is ALWAYS linear... ALWAYS a straightline.

The part they cannot comprehend is that just because a trendline is linear, it doesn't mean all data points fall upon the line itself.

Well, yeah, that's kind of obvious. Trendlines are linear. Points might be all over the place but the actual 'trendline' would stay linear. You answers would be better met with 'I don't know why this decade hasn't shown a net gain in warming. It could be a that we hit a peak, or it just isn't progressing as quickly as it did last decade.' Meeting questions like that with resistance is where it becomes childish.

Back