We could do a lot worse than Chris Christie

Disagreed. Good thing you can't force people to vote the way you like. :)

Being a Third Party, as large as it is, the Libertarian party has a higher percentage of kooks. I'm hoping that, if the Republican Party keeps becoming the White Supremacist Party, that more true conservatives will become Libertarians and bring more sanity to the Libertarian Party.

7p6wxt.jpg

The Libertarian Party certainly could use a LOT of "more sanity." I personally think about libertarianism about the way I think of Trumpism.

The Libertarian Party certainly could use a LOT of "more sanity."

I personally think about libertarianism about the way I think of Trumpism.

Agreed on "more sanity".

Since you're a die-hard Democrat who demeans anyone who votes differently than you, I can see why you think that way. :)

I am not a Democrat...I am a registered, capital "I" Independent.

Who thinks voting Independent is wrong?

I voted Republican for 38 years. Romney was my last Republican vote. After the RNC spurned their own "Growth & Opportunity Project" results in favor of racism, I began voting straight Libertarian tickets. I refuse to support the Democratic agenda which favors authoritarianism. How have you voted in the past six Presidential elections?

The guy is right about a lot of things. When he speaks of gun control he at least is willing to compromise calling it the most difficult public policy question facing the nation.

On abortion he is wrong saying he supported the decision to overturn Roe v Wade. At least here he is not for any federal ban but to leave the decision up to the states.

His thoughts on Social Security include something I have professed for years. If you are Warren Buffet, do you really need a social security check? Do you just want tour money at the cost of someone trying to make ends meet with food and shelter? The very rich should be congratulated for their success by making them ineligible for funds designed for those who need it. Changing the age of retirement is not a good idea since our life expectancy is going down but at least he is not for any cuts.

I’m not sure how to address China but he sees the threat and that we need to be fair but we won’t be chumps.

When he says Trump’s refusal to accept defeat in the 2020 election is like a child throwing a tantrum after failing a test at school and that Trump is self centered and doesn’t give a damn about the American people he hits the nail on the head. When he says that other candidates are supporting him now in hopes to compete for his supporters should he be forced out of the race he also hits the nail on the head. He is also not ignorant enough to compare Trumps actions to anyone else.

I won’t vote for him but I guess what I’m saying here is if a republican were to win the next general election, and I had to choose now, it would be Christie.

"I won’t vote for him...." so the whole thing is just mental masturbation. The fact is if any Republican wins they will be treated the same way trump has been treated. Again it's the fucking pretending that you people engage in that's most annoying. I'm not sure did it's a lack of balls or brains, it's definitely a lack of morals to be disingenuous. That's should be the name of the Democratic party and we wont have to change anything you maggots can keep the the D after your names.

Who thinks voting Independent is wrong?

I voted Republican for 38 years. Romney was my last Republican vote. After the RNC spurned their own "Growth & Opportunity Project" results in favor of racism, I began voting straight Libertarian tickets. I refuse to support the Democratic agenda which favors authoritarianism.

There is no way whatsoever that the Democratic agenda favors authoritarianism. Not sure where you get that from, although I suspect it is from your previous Republican indoctrination. If either agenda favors authoritarianism, it would be the Republican agenda, although even them I would give the benefit of the doubt on that item.

As for your voting a "strait Libertarian ticket"...unless you are in a solid red or blue state, you are not voting Libertarian at all. You are voting for the minority party in your state.

It is my personal opinion that the Libertarian agenda is as impoverished of morality and decency as is the Trump agenda...and I feel that way despite the Libertarians attempts to recruit me as their candidate for a local council opening when I ran as an Independent. (They agreed with the trust of my "platform"...I did not agree with theirs.)

How have you voted in the past six Presidential elections?

The last Republican presidential candidate I voted for was Ronald Reagan in his first run. Subsequent to that, I have voted for the Democratic candidate each time, because I see the Democratic agenda as vastly superior to the Republican. My Independent affiliation has only to do with local matters. I would never allow it to make me waste my vote by an Independent vote in a presidential election.

There is no way whatsoever that the Democratic agenda favors authoritarianism. Not sure where you get that from, although I suspect it is from your previous Republican indoctrination. If either agenda favors authoritarianism, it would be the Republican agenda, although even them I would give the benefit of the doubt on that item.

As for your voting a "strait Libertarian ticket"...unless you are in a solid red or blue state, you are not voting Libertarian at all. You are voting for the minority party in your state.

It is my personal opinion that the Libertarian agenda is as impoverished of morality and decency as is the Trump agenda...and I feel that way despite the Libertarians attempts to recruit me as their candidate for a local council opening when I ran as an Independent. (They agreed with the trust of my "platform"...I did not agree with theirs.)

The last Republican presidential candidate I voted for was Ronald Reagan in his first run. Subsequent to that, I have voted for the Democratic candidate each time, because I see the Democratic agenda as vastly superior to the Republican. My Independent affiliation has only to do with local matters. I would never allow it to make me waste my vote by an Independent vote in a presidential election.
Disagreed on Democratic authoritarianism. What turned me off about Republicans is that they became too much like Democrats; authoritarian spendthrifts.

You're free to insult me as a defense of your position. It's what all the authoritarians, Left or Right, do. :)

Disagreed on Democratic authoritarianism. What turned me off about Republicans is that they became too much like Democrats; authoritarian spendthrifts.

You're free to insult me as a defense of your position. It's what all the authoritarians, Left or Right, do. :)

Where do you feel I have insulted you?

"Insulting you" was certainly not my intention.

Where do you feel I have insulted you?

"Insulting you" was certainly not my intention.

"your previous Republican indoctrination" implies a person is too stupid to think for themselves. It's no different than saying they are brainwashed, a sheeple or otherwise an unthinking person.

2012 was over a decade ago. Do you really think a normal, intelligent person can't learn something over that period of time?

The guy is right about a lot of things. When he speaks of gun control he at least is willing to compromise calling it the most difficult public policy question facing the nation.

On abortion he is wrong saying he supported the decision to overturn Roe v Wade. At least here he is not for any federal ban but to leave the decision up to the states.

His thoughts on Social Security include something I have professed for years. If you are Warren Buffet, do you really need a social security check? Do you just want tour money at the cost of someone trying to make ends meet with food and shelter? The very rich should be congratulated for their success by making them ineligible for funds designed for those who need it. Changing the age of retirement is not a good idea since our life expectancy is going down but at least he is not for any cuts.

I’m not sure how to address China but he sees the threat and that we need to be fair but we won’t be chumps.

When he says Trump’s refusal to accept defeat in the 2020 election is like a child throwing a tantrum after failing a test at school and that Trump is self centered and doesn’t give a damn about the American people he hits the nail on the head. When he says that other candidates are supporting him now in hopes to compete for his supporters should he be forced out of the race he also hits the nail on the head. He is also not ignorant enough to compare Trumps actions to anyone else.

I won’t vote for him but I guess what I’m saying here is if a republican were to win the next general election, and I had to choose now, it would be Christie.

I feel the same way. Christie caught all kinds of flak from (R)s for meeting with and publicly thanking Pres. Obama for his swift reaction in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. Christie behaved as a real leader does -- he stuck up for ALL of his citizens, not just the ones who voted for him, and he behaved like a mensch rather than a thwarted toddler. Contrast that with #TRE45ON, who at first balked at sending federal aid to California during the horrible wildfires.

"your previous Republican indoctrination" implies a person is too stupid to think for themselves. It's no different than saying they are brainwashed, a sheeple or otherwise an unthinking person.

You are being paranoid...or at least, too sensitive.

There are people who were "indoctrinated" by religion...and have had that indoctrination last a full lifetime. I said "I SUSPECT" it was the indoctrination of the Republican Party. Perhaps it is not. But there is no way that I see the Democrats as advocating in any way for authoritarianism. They seem, at least to me, to be doing the opposite.

2012 was over a decade ago.

I was indoctrinated by Catholicism 7 decades ago...and I recognize there are still some residuals left of that indoctrination. Are you saying that you cannot be reflecting stuff from just a short while back?

Do you really think a normal, intelligent person can't learn something over that period of time?

Of course a normal, intelligent person can learn something over a decade.

I feel the same way. Christie caught all kinds of flak from (R)s for meeting with and publicly thanking Pres. Obama for his swift reaction in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. Christie behaved as a real leader does -- he stuck up for ALL of his citizens, not just the ones who voted for him, and he behaved like a mensch rather than a thwarted toddler. Contrast that with #TRE45ON, who at first balked at sending federal aid to California during the horrible wildfires.

When the Reds bitched, Christie made a big space between Obama and him. He was reasonable for a few short days.

"I won’t vote for him...." so the whole thing is just mental masturbation. The fact is if any Republican wins they will be treated the same way trump has been treated. Again it's the fucking pretending that you people engage in that's most annoying. I'm not sure did it's a lack of balls or brains, it's definitely a lack of morals to be disingenuous. That's should be the name of the Democratic party and we wont have to change anything you maggots can keep the the D after your names.

I said we could do worse than Christie, that in no way incinuates I would vote for him. And I'm not a democrat. I never have been a member of either party. I have been voting since the days of Jimmy Carter and the first democrat I ever voted for for president was John Kerry. I will never vote for a republican again regardless if I even like a few of them. As far as I can tell republicans don't give a shit about this country and only concern themselves with their party. They disgust me.

Last edited:
I said we could do worse than Christie, that in no way incinuates I would vote for him. And I'm not a democrat. I never have been a member of either party. I have been voting since the days of Jimmy Carter and the first democrat I ever voted for for president was John Kerry. I will never vote for a republican again regardless if I even like a few of them. As far as I can tell republicans don't give a shit about this country and only concern themselves with their party. They disgust me.

Well AGAIN you said you wouldnt vote for him which makes the whole thread a load of happy horseshit. It's you just mentally jerking off. And you say would wouldn't for any republican because they don't give a shit about this country. I hope you don't mean to insinuate (how it's actually spelled) that leftists give a shit about this country. If you believe that you're a bigger idiot than I imagined and the reason you people should be treated with nothing but contempt.

My take on this. I believe Christie is setting himself up for 2028. He is going to attack Trump relentlessly. He wants desperately to get on the debate stage with Trump before he is forced to drop out. Trump IS going to be the nominee, Trump and the Republicans are going to be wiped out, and as the party attempts to rebuild from Trump, Christie will be able to point to his defenstration of the guy, and take credit for why he lost. I think it's an incredibly shrewd move from a consummate politician. I too don't hate the guy, and I simply cannot ever support someone who even today sucks up to Trump. That's what I think is going on with Christie. Just a hunch, but it makes sense.

BTW, it amazes me that a senile old coot like Biden has been able to outsmart and outmaneuver Republicans at every single turn. I wonder why that is?

Back