We should all be comfortable that Obama will win nomination by now.... BUT

I think its silly to say this race is over, it appears Obama has the momentum currently, but this is a close race.

Its disingenous to say Obama is winning by so much that Senator Clinton would have to do something slimy to win at this point.

I fear all those who support Hillary. Her position of " I am a woman" is despicable. How dare a woman run and people support her solely for being a woman.

I fear all those who support Hillary. Her position of " I am a woman" is despicable. How dare a woman run and people support her solely for being a woman.

I would fear any mass of voters who supporter her merely for being a woman.

However her being a woman in and of itself is nuthing to fear.

Are you saying that you are upset that so many will support her dispite the fact that she is a woman?

I've always said McCain is a whiny bitch.

It was me. I do think McCain is a power hungry whore on some level. Hillary not so much.

Of course, the only possible reason to dislike Hillary is because she is a woman.

Damo you know I've never said that. Unlike Soc and SF you understood what I was saying, so why are you playing along with this ignorant game?

And on the same thread where SF is outright stating that anyone supporting Hillary is doing so because she is a woman...but nobody has been bothered about that.

I wonder why.

I am going to beat this sexist thing into the ground, then I am going to dig a tunnel under it and pull it all the way in.

I must have really hit a nerve with the list of disgusting sexist remarks made by well-known journalists - which could not have been said about any other group of people except women in this country.

Because you really slopped on your asshole cologne.

And you're proving what?

If Hillary wins tonight - and I think she will - look out.

It will be a triumph for negative campaigning, and proof positive that the tactics of the past week worked. Expect every transcript of every Obama speech to get pored over, and a new push for Superdelegates to do their duty & keep a plagiarist from getting the nod based on early victories. Expect more focus on Obama the flip-flopper for reneging on the funding deal w/ McCain, and more questions about patriotism because the Obamas are not proud of their country.

Everyone happy now? I'm all cynical & negative again. Enjoy.

Wasn't Hillary always ahead in polls in Wisconsin, or am I mixing that up with Texas? Because if she has always been ahead, then I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that the plagiarism stuff was responsible for her winning...if she does win.

This stupid plagiarism thing is not going to mean shit next to the fact that he's not willing to commit to take public funding after essentially pledging to do so early on in the campaign. That raises some serious doubts in my mind about his being the forthright, intelligent vehicle for change that I was hoping for.

if obama doesn't have the nomination locked up before the convention then hillary will win. shes that shady.. even if obama has swept the rest of the states.

if obama doesn't have the nomination locked up before the convention then hillary will win. shes that shady.. even if obama has swept the rest of the states.

calm down. If Obama "sweeps" the rest of the states, he's going to have a significant majority of the pledged delegates, and the super delegates aren't going to thwart the majority of democratic voters.

The only conceivable way I could ever see super delegates throwing a primary is if someone who is percieved to be detrimental to the interest of the party wins a majority of the pledged delegates. Some whack job. And Obama is not a whack job.

I've always said McCain is a whiny bitch.

It was me. I do think McCain is a power hungry whore on some level. Hillary not so much.

I think Hillary wants to be the first woman President so badly, she can taste it...it's all she can taste right now in fact. Think about it, the first woman president, that is a form of immortality. It must be breathtaking to have that in your grasp. I don't know if any one of us could really understand it.

But...I hope she loses tonight and in the following days by a wide margin. This is such a dangerous election, I am astounded that people don't see it. It could mean a permanent split in the D base. There are only three possible outcomes here, and frankly, only two likely ones, and that's bad news.

1) They stay close, and the sexism surrounding Hillary's campaign, gets more and more pronounced (which is even hard to picture, it's bad now). White women (I honestly do not know where the majority of black women come down on this, and unlike white men, I"m not going to start talking shit about "aren't women thinking" when I don't know shit from shinola about what they're thinking), are going to find it very difficult to separate the beating they are taking from the sexists in and out of the media, from the Obama campaign. They are going to be hurt, and furious. They stay home.

2) They stay close, with Obama in the lead, but only slightly (delegates I mean), and Hillary makes the bad choice to take it to the floor, at which point the superdelegates hand it to her, and it is perceived that she stole it, and/or that she disenfranchised the black vote, just as we know bush did. This leaves blacks feeling just as I described white women feeling in 1, hurt and furious. They stay home.

3) Obama takes a convincing lead, and Hillary faces the fact that she is not going to be the first woman president of the united states and drops out. I do not see this as likely, but frankly, at this point, it's the only good outcome we could have.

This is actually a really bad situation, in my opinion. This needs to be solved before the convention. The only real hope i have is that supposedly party seniors are watching this closely, people like Gore and Pelosi. I think they know that they cannot afford even the perception that the black vote has been disenfranchised, or that a bunch of rich white men got together with Bill and made a deal... i think they are going to step in first, but I don't know if the Clintons will ever bend, even to that kind of pressure brought to bear on them.

If Clinton should start winning primaries, then all of this is moot, because then she should not drop out of course. But she'd have to start winning ny landslides too in order to avoid all of the above. I don't see it happening.

This stupid plagiarism thing is not going to mean shit next to the fact that he's not willing to commit to take public funding after essentially pledging to do so early on in the campaign. That raises some serious doubts in my mind about his being the forthright, intelligent vehicle for change that I was hoping for.

Listen, that's what hero worship will do, you know? I never thought that Obama was anything other than full of shit in many ways, because he's a politician! So I'm not crushed over it any way, and I don't see it hurting him in the primary. And I'd like to see Mr. Keating McCain pull this shit in the general. I am soo tired of the false narrative that he is mr. maverick, mr. honest. He got caught being a freaking crook, and then claimed he was only a crook because the system made him do it, and in order to keep from being forced to be a crook, he was going to change the system! In other words, he sold a load of horseshit and a lot of people thought it was roses.

calm down. If Obama "sweeps" the rest of the states, he's going to have a significant majority of the pledged delegates, and the super delegates aren't going to thwart the majority of democratic voters.

The only conceivable way I could ever see super delegates throwing a primary is if someone who is percieved to be detrimental to the interest of the party wins a majority of the pledged delegates. Some whack job. And Obama is not a whack job.

Yeah, it'd have to be some real whack job who would cost people profits on war because they thought human lives were more important than money...someone like Kucinich...but he'd have a bullet in his head long before he got the nomination.

No way are the superdelegates going to overturn an Obama popular vote win. It just will not be tolerated by the base.

Yeah, it'd have to be some real whack job who would cost people profits on war because they thought human lives were more important than money...someone like Kucinich...but he'd have a bullet in his head long before he got the nomination.

No way are the superdelegates going to overturn an Obama popular vote win. It just will not be tolerated by the base.

LOL. Totally. I hear you.

The person I had in mind was Al Sharpton. The party Elders would never let Sharpton win a Democratic nomination. But, a sharpton presidency would be cool!

Damo you know I've never said that. Unlike Soc and SF you understood what I was saying, so why are you playing along with this ignorant game?

And on the same thread where SF is outright stating that anyone supporting Hillary is doing so because she is a woman...but nobody has been bothered about that.

I wonder why.

because I was being sarcastic and the intelligent people understood that?

because I was being sarcastic and the intelligent people understood that?

Back