Welcome To The Black Market.

You may have found it difficult to find toilet paper and rubbing alcohol. It may have started out with hoarders. Then continued with people buying what they could when they got the chance. But no doubt another reason for it is the black market. Supply and demand. Unfortunately, it is the capitalist way. These things can be found. But at gouge prices. If you're lucky, only twice what it cost you in a store.

You may have found it difficult to find toilet paper and rubbing alcohol. It may have started out with hoarders. Then continued with people buying what they could when they got the chance. But no doubt another reason for it is the black market. Supply and demand. Unfortunately, it is the capitalist way. These things can be found. But at gouge prices. If you're lucky, only twice what it cost you in a store.

If gouging were legal, the stores could have put the brakes on hoarding and reselling. But, it's illegal, so stores can't do that. It's not capitalism when the government invites people who clear store shelves of cheap items to resell items at very high prices. Gougers need to be heavily fined, as long as gouging is illegal.

I went to Rouse's the other day. It had a whole aisle of Toilet Paper.
I think the 'Hoarders' have stocked their Garages and now don't bother to buy Toilet Paper anymore.

If gouging were legal, the stores could have put the brakes on hoarding and reselling. But, it's illegal, so stores can't do that. It's not capitalism when the government invites people who clear store shelves of cheap items to resell items at very high prices. Gougers need to be heavily fined, as long as gouging is illegal.

A lot of stores these days put limits on the amount of hard to get items you can buy. But with how scarce the items I mentioned are in stores, it seems to me that those things are somehow being diverted instead of being sent to stores. Next, I agree. Gougers are worse than hoarders.

I have bought TP and rubbing alcohol at stores at regular prices.

Lysol alcohol wipes and spray are harder to come by.

I manages to find some TP a few days ago. But it was probably all gone by the end of the day. As for rubbing alcohol, the stores in my area have been empty of that stuff for months.

I went to Rouse's the other day. It had a whole aisle of Toilet Paper.
I think the 'Hoarders' have stocked their Garages and now don't bother to buy Toilet Paper anymore.

I've never heard of the place. In my area we have meijers, wal mart and kroger.

i've bought paper products on Amazon, I have plenty.

If you're rich and don'y mind being gouged, you can do it. By chance, I managed to find some TP at a local store. An 18 mega roll pack cost around $13.00. If I had bought it on Amazon, it would have cost closer to $40.00.

The black market is the only way you can survive in Cuba. Due to the lack of capitalism.

15-5e6f82e1eb537__700.jpg

If you're rich and don'y mind being gouged, you can do it. By chance, I managed to find some TP at a local store. An 18 mega roll pack cost around $13.00. If I had bought it on Amazon, it would have cost closer to $40.00.
Nope, you just have to check randomly and grab it when it's out there. I can get as much as I want instead of having to wade thru a Covid hotbed grocery store and leave with only pack of toilet tissue or paper towels.

Apparently the corona virus made people start preparing for doomsday. So they started buying all the TP they could find.

I started hoarding toilet paper last fall when I heard we only have 12 yrs. until the end of the world because of the weather or climate or something like that. I was already well prepared.

Back